Will it live up to the hype?

Will it live up to the hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/paris-motor-show/mercedes-amg-reveals-first-sketch-f1-engined-hypercar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's limited edition so rich people will buy it just because of that.

Mercedes is doing one now too. 2 million bucks or some shit

Link to it? I'm curious

I desperately want it to, since that body is a work of art.

>fast as an F1 car
>current hypercars can't keep up with mere GT cars

This is expecting to be faster today than the McLaren F1 was in the 90's. I don't think that's possible, especially since they are planning to use an NA V12 instead of all the other modern cheats.

They're free to use banned F1 tech though, and you can bet your ass they will.

They can't use ground effect fans since that will shoot rocks at other cars. What can they use?

Probably a fuckton of active aero magic.

The whole car is a wing.

If your fan is picking up rocks you are going to have bigger problems than launching them into other cars. That was proven to be nonsense that the other race teams made up to get the BT46 banned, it didn't actually do that.

Same with every other supercar made in the last 30 years, they didn't discover some magic shape that will put them leaps ahead of all the other manufacturers who have been making cars like this for a long time and have much more resources pulling from their own race teams.

I wonder if it'll come with cupholders that can actually hold the reasonably sized redbull cans

My old fiesta had those, was really nice.

Audi A4/A5 have them too.

This car goes crazy with the concept. It's literally a wing with a cockpit and four wheels hanging on each side.

Using a tandem instead of a side-by-side cockpit definitely gives them aerodynamic advantages though. You can have pretty much the entire bottom of the car be negative space.

I wonder if the Ferd GT has anything like this going on at the bottom, since they're focusing so hugely on aerodynamics. Any pics of the underbody?

I'm sure that the Ford GT is flat bottom

that's a tight welding cart

Modern supercars are usually limited to flat floors and small diffusers because of the sheer size the cockpit needs to be for comfort.

the 001 is basically a Newey'd 80's ground effect car. The only part of the car that doesn't do much of anything is the top, and even then it's rather slippery.

I expect they'll be a good second or two faster than a GT car on downforce alone, especially if they make more than 700hp.

It's supposed to make between 900 and 1000 HP

They're aiming for 11000RPM from a 6L V12

Well I mean you've seen the aero package. They probably have an equally qualified/insane engineer for engine design.

Also, if it makes 900+hp, then expect it to be nearly as fast as a LMP1 car. A track version would be faster than a LMP1 car.

It's generic hyper car trash

Grow up idiot

>>current hypercars can't keep up with mere GT cars

That's the limit of road legal rubber for you.

topgear.com/car-news/paris-motor-show/mercedes-amg-reveals-first-sketch-f1-engined-hypercar
it's basically a road going LMP1 car

they are using a feet above hips driving position so they can package it differently

It'll absolutely destroy everything that's on the road.

Fuck the Ford GT. It's just a claymodel on wheels doing absolutely nothing but fart can sounds.