Why do people think working on cars is hard? its literally legos

why do people think working on cars is hard? its literally legos

People are insanely lazy, especially if they got money and can just throw it at someone else to do the work

I don't have a garage or a house or any room to put tools. I can afford it so I'd rather just let people do the work for me, unless it's something that takes under an hour, like changing tires.

nah

PCs are literally legos

cars are legos that your sibling glued together and left outside for 20 years and requires expensive tools to get apart

>Fucking nuts and bolts seized or rusted to the point it seems like it's welded

>Too much of a pain in the ass for normies

>legos

Thank you, that was triggering my autism also but I just got bullied in another thread for being autismo

this

do you also complain about band aids kleenex chapstick ect ect

>open toed shoes

Yes, actually. Xerox too...

I'd brick her Legos, if you know what I mean.

the

Figuratively. It's figuratively Legos.

How many toads does it take to make a pair of shoes?

Legos don't require press on bearings.

Closer to Erector Sets.

Stuff like swapping an engine or changing a fwd clutch are genuinely hard.

I agree oil and brake maintenance but thats about it on your average modern vehicle.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Legos, is in fact, LEGO® bricks or toys, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, brick or toys plus LEGO. LEGO® is not the brick itself, but rather another creative toy of a fully functioning manufacturing system made useful by the LEGO® designers, buyers and vital corporate system comprising a full retard board as defined by the BBB.
Many toy and brick users utilize a modified version of LEGO® fun every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the LEGO® bricks that are widely used today is often called “Legos”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically a LEGO® toy, developed by LEGO®. There really is Legos, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the fun they have.
Lego bricks are tools: the things in the LEGO® line up that bring out the users creative mind to supplement the other toys that they play with. The brick is an essential part of play time, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a LEGO® play set. Legos are normally used in combination with the LEGO® bricks or toys: the whole system is basically LEGO® with bricks or toys added, or LEGO® bricks or toys. All the so-called “Legos” bricks are really distributions of LEGO® bricks or toys.

If I screw something up while working on my PC, I might be out a few hundred dollars. If I screw up while working on my car, I could be out thousands of dollars, lose my only mode of transportation, or be killed while driving because I made a mistake. I also don't have any mechanic tools, don't have a garage, and my car is parked outside my apartment on a dirt lot that's currently snow and mud.

I know how to change oil/fluids/lights/flat tires and all the other basic stuff, but the learning curve can be fairly high for anything else. I don't know how to change brake pads or rotors and I'm definitely not going to attempt it by watching Youtube videos and reading my Haynes guide because if I do something slightly wrong, I'll probably die. Rather take it to a mechanic who actually knows what he's doing and has done it many times before. Besides, it keeps mechanics in business. If I had the money, time, facilities, and tools, I'd love to work on and learn about cars as a main hobby, but I'm a poor student trying to get by.

Yeah, Lego's that rust and fuck up your shit when you're 98% done fixing something.

What user said here Plus they aren't designed to be serviced easily. My dad did HVAC his whole life spinning wrenches but he was always more than happy to pay somebody to fix his cars. Working on that big AC unit, you have a panel held on by 4 screws that contains most stuff and an entire roof worth of room to move around. This is not the case with modern cars.

This whole thread kek

>ITT: OP explains why he's never worked on a car before
l

>Fucking love working on my own cars
>Become lazy when it involves working on cars I don't own, or usually dislike.

Simply a case of motivation.

Dont you be starting this shit here

Im kinda hard from that pic desu

this basically.

lots of beating on shit. drilling things out. cutting things. and a lot of "tricks" that aren't in the directions, acquired knowledge or whatever you wont find in a book. like using atf and coffee filters when assembling an engine or how to mic a journal properly that shit isn't really covered anywhere.

if it was as easy as legos no one would be intimidated by it, plus you're dealing with expensive parts.

Oh yeah, let me just snap a few parts together, so easy. Nevermind the fuckload of mechanical knowledge, manufacturer oddities, and all the expensive tools and space needed to work on one properly.

diagnosing is what takes knowledge and skill

>literally Legos

Only if you're driving this.

tf is that bitch doing with that drill in the wheel well

My parents never owned a car and don't know how to drive. I have no friends. That means I have no one to teach me how to fix a car and I am too stupid to learn on my own.

>drill

>drill

That's an impact wrench you retard.

legos that have to work at 6000-8000 rpm for hours under pressure and heat....

legos you put your self into and travel at speeds up to 75mph and hope the stop safely

baiter

baited

Jesus Christ boys he didn't even try

Pretty much

>intermittent can communication problems
>vague driveability concerns
>tracking down shorts and opens on cars with 1100 connectors and 100 modules

It's more like Duplos