How do I know if my car needs synthetic oil or not? All I know is that 5w-30 and m1-102 is recommended

How do I know if my car needs synthetic oil or not? All I know is that 5w-30 and m1-102 is recommended

Other urls found in this thread:

justgivemethedamnmanual.com/toyota/toyota-4runner-owners-manuals
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you have a good car, it needs synthetic. If you have a piece of garbage, regular.

Don't certain cars require synthetic? My last car did, since it had oil change every 5k. Is there anyway to know for sure assuming the manual doesn't tell you?

Jesus fucking Christ, does no one know the answer to this fucking question? I don't understand how you people can know all this other shit about cars yet you can't know for sure whether or not the shit you're driving requires synthetic or not. Fuck

Every fucking car "needs" synthetic

It's flat out better oil and costs more

What's better, hamburger or deluxe hamburger?

If the engine itself doesn't "need" it I don't want to waste money

It's like I said, my last car literally needed it. It ran like shit without it and in the manual it says so

That's not how you beg, sweetheart.

This. Synthetic is better than standard oil full-stop. If you love your car, treat it to full synthetic oil.

Wut car is it?

Even shitboxes normally "need" synthetic if they are tarbo'd.

for the record, rotaries need conventional oil :^)

I wouldn't bother with an older / older design engine though, they were expected to run on shit oil, and as a result you have to change it a lot more often.

The original beetle needed changing every 3K.

I'm not begging I just find it retarded this simple question is this difficult to get a straight forward answer
It's a 2000 Toyota 4runner

Rotaries are an exception to the rule because it applies to literally two cars that you might see on the road.

Rotaries need regular oil because they're designed to burn oil, and synthetic oil doesn't break down and burn easily, which is very beneficial in any engine other than a rotary. But again, it applies to literally two cars that you might actually encounter.

>It's a 2000 Toyota 4runner
regular

Sauce?

no car **needs** synthetic oil

it's just better.

I don't possibly see how the age of the engine would make any difference at all.

You won't get that much ash from decent modern synthetics, and if you divorce the OMP from the rest of the oil system you can burn 2 stroke which is designed to burn.

it's in the manual you FUCKING RETARDED SACK OF HIPPO SHIT.

I was gonna answer, but since you're obnoxious as fuck I'm just gonna say KYS

pretty much any car made in the last 20 years ran synthetic from the factory.
Asking this question in the first place, with out even trying to google it, shows how tarded you are.

It's not as that's the problem, it's the fact that synth oil is designed to be much harder to break down than regular oil, which is great for normal engines, but it can clog stuff up in rotaries. There are special full synthetic oils that are designed especially for rotaries, but I'm guessing they're probably quite expensive.

>and if you divorce the OMP from the rest of the oil system you can burn 2 stroke which is designed to burn.

Yeah, some people just run premixed 2-stroke oil in the fuel. Probably (even more) horrendous for emissions though.

Look up the difference between synthetic oil vs conventional oil and you will know which one you need and why.

You're not going to find an oil of that viscosity that isn't a synthetic blend. Just follow the manual don't think too hard

It normally doesn't matter, but running synthetic sure won't hurt and will let you change your oil less often without any issues.

It's just more convenient, and surely better for your engine. I run it in everthing.

I passed in MD with an untuned standalone, synthetic and premix.

Probably wouldn't pass over here though (UK). I'd love an RX-8, but I can't justify £500 a year just on road tax, not to mention the insurance and the ridiculous amount it would cost in fuel.

Old as in 25+ years. The reason i mentioned older design is that the engine in my '50 chevy was built in 2016, doesn't make it a new engine though.

To get a frame of reference, i consider my '94 carry to be fairly new.

Manufacturers think differently

>pic related

And what if you don't have it? You fucking autist

then you should kill yourself for being so incompetent that you can't get another copy, you fucking double autist.

>hurrrr i can't take care of my car!

>hur dur I'm gonna order a manual for a 20 year old car

How's high school going?

>Stupid whore blocking the view of the car

>hurr durr i can't do basic tasks

how's retard camp going?

i have a service manual for a 50 year old car
getting a service manual is literally step 1 for any car owner who even wants to touch their shit

justgivemethedamnmanual.com/toyota/toyota-4runner-owners-manuals

gee, that was hard.

You're a fucking dumbass man
Yeah good job faggot except that's not the manual for the model I have

>spoonfeed me!
keep acting like a dipshit then.

All 5w-30 is fully synthetic you aspie.

Do people even sell mineral oil anymore? Where I live, workshops all have those 200L barrels of various oils and they are all synthetic, shops have shelves full of synthetic, mineral oils are usually put in a small corner and most of the times they are some single grade shit meant for generators, lawn movers and gas-powered tools.

I don't even understand how in 2016 people can still run the risk of buying engine mineral oil without intentionally looking for it.