Americans that buy Hot Hatches

>Americans that buy Hot Hatches
I can understand a euro that buys them. Fuel is more expensive, Insurance is more expensive, Roads are poorly thought out and narrow, They're also poorly maintained. OK. I get it. It's the best you guys can do.

But why in the everloving fuck do americans buy them? They're a compromise of the worst kind! They're essentially an economy car with a cam kit and some stiffer shock absorbers for more than the MSRP of a mustang that has more space, more power, more performance, and costs more or less the same in insurance. FFS the new ford Fuck-Us ReallyShit is 40K! For a Focus!

There is NO reason for an american to buy a "hot hatch" except for being a misinformed nu-male that only browses jalopnik, or is afraid of anything older than 2 years old.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTE4t2I4i7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Megane rs vs Mustang gt on the touge
I wonder who wins

Its for boy racers who cant really drive and probably game on pcs

Well that all depends on the driver, So the american because the frog has been hit by a semi-truck.

I find it so quaint that Americans think euro roads are planned out.

Apart from the moterways, the majority just evolve over the years. There are roads around here that follow the same line as 3000 years ago

Most of our roads are pre-America. Or fun as we like to call them.

>for a Focus!

you sound like a boomer

>Sedans
Middle-aged men
>Trucks
Frat/Redneck Bros
>Coupes
Elder-aged women
>Crossovers
Middle-aged women
>Hatches
Successful young men

Any questions?

why would you want a Mustang

theyre awful to drive and sound like shit

hot hatches are fun

>Roads are poorly thought out and narrow, They're also poorly maintained.

What is this meme?

dunno

as an American I can safely say that it describes our roads quite well dunno about Europe

>wagon
lesbian hippie / weedbro

Holy shit that's why people laugh at us.

>Roads are poorly thought out and narrow,

They are "poorly thought" because roads in yurop existed way before your inbred family emigrated here. So of course they're not car friendly.

>They're also poorly maintained.

I've been to several countries in Europe and it's the exact same thing as here. Stop spewing bullshit made by your rednecks relatives who have never left their county.

>the MSRP of a mustang that has more space,

lolno. Also I wonder if the rustang is faster in winter conditions. Oh yes maybe you forgot to mention that the Focus RS is AWD, which is a pretty big deal for people who don't live in Arizona.

Hot hatches are the European equivalent of muscle cars. They're just designed for twisty european roads instead of wide straight american ones.
Muscle cars: Acceleration through LOTS OF POWER, RWD because it's cheap, V8s taken from premium models of family cars.
Hot hatches: Acceleration through power to weight ratio, FWD because it's cheap, 2.0L I4 taken from premium models of family cars.

If you want to go fast and hit a wall because you can't turn, you buy a muscle car.
If you want to go fast and hit a wall because you don't know HOW to turn, buy a hot hatch.

>why would Americans but hot hatches.
Because we have mountains and roads that are twisty. Also the exact same reasons yurop buys them

>replying to obvious bait thread

Measuring space in volume is a crappy way to measure usable space. The mustang might have more volume overall, but try throwing a big TV, 2x4s, or a dishwasher into a mustang. Not possible even though it has "more space."

I still think something like the Focus RS is dumb at that price, but you can grab a barely used Fiesta ST for like $15,000. If you only have one car and still want something fun it is a pretty solid compromise.

This.

Considering that all of Western Europe is like the size of the east coast, I'm willing to bet America has more total miles of twisties than Europe.

>I'm willing to bet America has more total miles of twisties than Europe

But our twisties are much more fun

Here's some fun with a 90hp shitbox

youtube.com/watch?v=jTE4t2I4i7U

W-WELL WHEN IT SNOWS AND IT'S MARIO ANDRETTI VS GRANNY GOODCOOKIE
lol ouiabeaux.

>lightweight
>good power/weight ratio
i don't see what's wrong with this?

We have all of the west coast mountain range, all of the Rocky mountain range, all of Appalachia and all of river country up north. The us is fucking big and dank tooj is everywhere.

Mine cost half as much as a Mustang and is a solid compromise. Fun to drive while remaining cheap to insure and can do a bit of everything.

Traveled a lot in both Europe and America i can tell you that they are way better in Europe , depends on where sure, but all in all European roads are superior.

>don't pay 40k for a hot hatch, buy a mustang

AHAHAHAHAHA

Why buy a shitstang or focus, when you can get a Type R?

>faster
>better built quality
>better interior
>more reliable
>cheaper

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

A fully loaded Fiesta ST can be had for $23,000 out the door, and that's with high as fuck tax in Chicago. Spend a few thousand more and you get a 270HP Focus ST that's a bit less fun but bigger and way more power. Back in the day you could get a WRX hatch with 250HP and AWD for about the same as a Focus ST.

And why hot hatches? Because they are shorter than a sedan (easier time parking and maneuvering) while having as much if not more room. They're practical, fun, and are just slightly more expensive than the average commuter car.

Cars like the Golf-R, Focus RS, and A45 AMG are exceptions to the rule - most people will not be buying those unless they're hardcore.

That's literally announcing to the world that you like to get pegged.

>the new ford Fuck-Us ReallyShit
I bet you thought that was really clever.

>Roads are poorly thought out and narrow,
You mean built on roads that are thousands of years old and built before modern vehicles could even be imagined.
aka real roads

>Roads are poorly thought out
No, cars are poorly thought out if they can't fit the road.
>They're also poorly maintained
Aside from our historical town center cobblestone roads American roads are infinitely worse than ours. And yes, I've been there. You fucks have to put 18 wheels and gigantic wheelbases on your semi trucks so your highways won't instantly turn into rubble, and you're limited to what, 70 mph, so you won't crash to death on the highways that already have turned into rubble.

>I dont like this car
>I know, I'll say it implies that you're gay
Machines have no sexuality and implying otherwise is heresy before the Omnissah.

>Insurance is more expensive.

Wut? I pay 24€ of insurance per month.

Truck
>the real og's

Have you ever driven outside of the Eu?
I drove to Russia through the Ukraine way back in 2007 (before the war). Russia was fine. All of the EU was fine. The Ukraine was a fucking disaster. Pot holes as big as a car (not exaggerating..spelling? Drunk) the standard road fix was to fill the pot holes with skull sized rocks.
Also driving at night was a disaster because a horse and carts doesnt have any lights! We didn't hit any but came close a few times.

>A performance car with utility is bad, guys!

I would get a GTI before a non GT Mustang every time, cry more.

>one utterly poor country far out on the borders of europe has shitty roads
>OMG ALL EUROPEAN ROADS SUCK

This

V8 mustang or why should I bother?

Because denying yourself the pleasure is any better.

I have some bad news for you.

>He thinks not buying a front wheel drive car is denying myself of pleasure.

>m-muh RWD

Outed yourself as benchracing scum.

I don't know why, but I hate hatchbacks of all kinds.

Not sure whether I'd consider the Mustang or the hatchback the least terrible option though.

what about nice subie wagons

I got a WRX hatch because my dog fits in the back...

>Fun little cars to zip through traffic in.
>Small so finding parking isn't a pain in the ass
>easy to maintain

>new
>space
>daily
>always fun

literal perfect daily driver

Focus RS isn't a hot hatch. It's more of a hyper hatch at this point.

Warm -> hot -> hyper steroid hatch