Have people completely forgotten how to haggle/negotiate deals...

Have people completely forgotten how to haggle/negotiate deals? Every single fucking time I list a car or something car related for sale I get retards right off the bat saying shit like:

>Hey bro what's the lowest you're willing to go?

>I'll give you 1/3 of the asking price in cash right now

>Are you willing to take payments/hold this until I get paid?

Are people just generally this awful at making deals now or am I just being a salty ass? It seems to be especially bad in the car community.

>first text
>"whats your bottom dollar?"
EVERY FUCKING TIME

>selling things online
>not awful

Choose one.

>selling truck
>>HEY WHATS YOUR PAYOFF
>less than the asking price
not another word

>Are you willing to hold this until I get paid?
Legitimate question, though. When I sold my first car, the buyers got fucked over by their employers and underpaid for a bunch of overtime they worked. They delivered the pre-prepared sob story, and offered a deposit for me to hold onto it. I agreed, amended the ad to 'negotiations in progress' to stop calls, and held it for a week for them to get back with the money.
They were surprised I hadn't sold it to someone else.
Frankly, I just couldn't be bothered to deal with more people wanting to drive the damn thing when I had someone who seemed legit and hadn't noticed how bad it was to drive.
Although the car they arrived in was WORSE, somehow.

>wanting to basically argue back and forth when you could just get to the point
Shut the fuck up.

"How about xxxx instead of xxxxx, you know, I still gotta buy Christmas presents for my kids"

"I dont give a fuck about your kid's Christmas, and if you did you wouldn't be here looking at this"

My favorite ever.

LOL gotta love the Xmas guilt trip

How have you not figured out that people are fucking ignorant retards.

When I sell cars online I refuse to do deals on the phone or through email.
Offers must be made in person or not at all.

>offers must be made in person
How to never sell your car

>I'm 16 can I make payments

Honorable try

>Price car at the actual money you expect to get out of it
>Every single response you get asks you to lower the price some immediately
>Don't set your asking price 20% over your hopeful sale price
>Complain on Veeky Forums that no one understands negotiation

I dunno. I talked a guy down from 1800 to 1000 on my new Caddy.

Fuck the bottom dollar question off the bat shits me. "What will you take for it" shit I don't know nigger, maybe the price I put on the thing? If you want me to wiggle on price let's talk let's talk dollar figures but I'm not going to lowball my own sale.

People suck.

I'm usually able to knock a few hundred off.

I've paid asking price once, and it was a pretty good deal. (tramission blew 6 months later, could be related to price I paid. Like I said, good deal.)

it literally takes 2-3 exchanges for a deal to be negotiated, not much harder than being that annoying faggot that lowballs everyone, but you wouldn't know that would you?
kek, project much? thats like negotiating 101 bud. i'm complaining about those faggots that try to get me to cut them some sort of deal because they tried to get right to the point with about as much tact as an angry hippo.

The worst is: hey you still have the car?
>yes
*crickets*

I put in my ads that I don't respond to "do you still have the car?" If you're not trying to set up a time to look at it, in the trash you go.

He was always going to sell it for $1000 user

Those angry hippos are the ones that will but immediately for cash of you can make then fell like they're getting the best available deal whether you do it by pretending to be dumb and allowing them to take "advantage" of you or however your ego demands, I guess. Instantly rejecting an enormous portion of your customer base is unprofessional though.

why would anyone buy a car without looking at it first?

Good job not selling it, user. You had just created a contract and would have been liable for expectation damages if you'd sold it (ie they would have easily, easily won the car's value at court, minus the deposit).

Any time someone offers a deposit I just assume they're trolling in the hope I'll fuck up and sell it.

Everyone tells me I'm good at it but I'm too socially autistic to believe it
>if buying a car get VIN, basic info, prefer to talk on phone with seller to gauge his interest and knowledge on his car and possible problems
If he thinks that the dead battery is the alternator's fault I'm not going to walk away but if he blames the alternator not working on the fuel pump I might get suspicious.
Depending on the price - (8k+) and the condition, I'll offer 1k less. For 7,900 and below I offer 500 less. Should note that if I'm unwilling to buy the vehicle for 500-1k less than he's wanting I'll often walk off then and there.
Managed to not get screwed and even make some money on the side with cars so yeah

>Those angry hippos are the ones that will but immediately for cash of you can make then fell like they're getting the best available deal whether you do

Autocorrect. buy them feel.

what the fuck is the point of asking if something is still available and then never responding again? when i was trying to rent out an apartment i had the same shit.

Thos dude has it right. Sometimes somebody might even be willing to pay your full asking price.

God damn this happens all the time!
Last week somebody asked if the car is still for sale, and I reply with a friendly "yes" within FIVE MINUTES. Never heard from him again.
Like bitch wtf would you be more interested if I just said No instead?

Yes to everything that has been said in this forum. My only other bitch session is when you put up a nice car or truck and the first email is an offer to trade you their geo metro or 1988 Honda Accord that doesn't run. I have also had someone on two different occasions offer to trade me a hovercraft.

>Have people completely forgotten how to haggle/negotiate deals?

I want it.
Your house burns down. You feel pressure to sell immediate.
I pay 1/3 of the original price due to you having incentive to get cash right now.
I have used profitable negotiating tactics from the medieval school of negotiating.

>burning someone's house down so you can grab their 1992 Honda Civic for 650$

>Price car at the actual money you expect to get out of it
Tried this once before I knew anything about selling vehicles.

>Every single response you get asks you to lower the price some immediately
I no longer communicate by text for this reason.

>Don't set your asking price 20% over your hopeful sale price
Try selling something at your honest asking price. No one will feel like they got a good deal and they're expecting something wrong.

I always get some really weird ass shit when I sell a care. Some guy wants to buy it, we get a price, and then says he wants a mechanic to look at it. Sure, no problem. I follow him to his "mechanic". I pull into some apartment complex and some guy comes out of his apartment with some jacks. He jacks up the car and looks under it, then opens the hood, and not 10 minutes pass he says everything is okay. Fucking weird.