Anyone else annoyed by the EU flag on the licence plates...

Anyone else annoyed by the EU flag on the licence plates? They do not stand out in any way and furthermore it makes the plate look overall dull (I'd rather have the emblem-less communist-era plates personally).

I've seen a few people put stickers on them with the coat of arms or something. Do you think slightly painting that part would be illegal? Like making a small decal?

i've got them on mine and i don't really care, and we're even leaving the EU

they're not compulsory (at least in the UK) so you can do what you like with that bit, snap it off if you want

It's never a legal requirement to have the EU flag on your car, even if you're driving abroad. All you need is a GB sticker. No way am I having an EU flag in my car.

Also:
>Non-Standard lettering
>Incorrect font size

Enjoy your fine.

Just noticed they're German plates, disregard my point about the fine. I fucked up.

Cut it off

It isn't a German number plate
>pic related
That's a Kraut plate

It's one of the old British plates done in a German so he would probably get fined

yep it's those veedub fanbois who put german-style plates on their golfs in the UK because GDM tyte y0.

You're not allowed to fuck with your numberplate in any way at least in Germany. That includes the EU sign and the stars.

Cucks.

Germany is a cuck nation so that's understandable.

the commie plates are pretty baller tbqh

Enjoy your speed limits

what trigger you so much about the EU flag ?

Enjoy it while you're still free from sharia law. It won't be long.

Yes yes. Very original

Yuroshit license plates are too boring and cheap looking

What do you expect, fun and excess are against the law.

And pictures of fruit on your number plates is somehow better?

I'll enjoy my actual B roads, easy access to fun cars and jap imports, not being taxed out the ass for anything car related and being able to mod my car, thanks.

>a fucking fruit

I'm that case I stand by what I said earlier.

What a cunt.

he chose a poor example

can't wait to get one of these beauties once i get my car registered in az

>pic related

looks tacky as fuck. Something you'd see on a riced civic

Still looks gaudy as fuck though. You wouldn't find one of those on the back of the Queen's Bentley

It cut/paint it off if I know for sure I won't get fucked by law.

I found a site that sells customised plates, white text on black plate, pre-EU or foreign country flags/abbreviations and all the fun, but I wouldn't personally risk it.

I have my political biases regarding EU personally, but that aside I just think they are boring and dull compared to having the flag on the plate. Of course, it won't make you different if you are in the given country, but still makes them a little bit more colourful.

Old Hungarian plates are probably my favourite in this aspect. Nice little flag to add some colour and the rest of the plate is simple and white.

>Implying having choice is a bad thing
"Please EU, Fuck my ass more with regulations!!!"

Can we just get yuros range banned from this board already? They just shit up the board with their sour grapes and anyone who drives a 1.2l cuckbox, out of choice or otherwise, has no right to call himself a car enthusiast.

>obsessed burger can't stay on topic and as usual pulls bullshit out of his ass

Go shoot up a school amerifat.

Don't mind me actual good looking plate coming through

does the eu just want to make the most boring society ever created?

Yes. A mega-nation of docile cucks that'll blindly follow the ones in charge, willingly giving up their rights, freedom and free will.

>your plate is ugly
>BUT I CAN CHOOSE THE UGLY PLATE
Not even Euro, just think you're an idiot.

>number plate thread
>obese /pol/tards turn it into their whiny alt-right circlejerk anyway

I can smell the cheetos and hot-pockets from here.

Man, you guys sure are butthurt over license plates.

good luck finding a car to match the plates, let alone a good looking car

>mad at facts

Don't you see? I can choose to put an ugly plate that cannot coordinate with anything or any color for special snowflake points.

Back to /v you whiney cunt

>wanting a symbol of cuckoldry anywhere near your personal possessions

>any Veeky Forums thread
>obese /pol/tards turn it into their whiny alt-right circlejerk anyway

Only thing to get upset about is your shit taste. If you want to make the Yuros jelly then do something better than fucking Clipart.

As far as I know its only an "issue" if you're driving outside of the country it is registered in

saw delaware plates on a bmw with the same colour scheme

Bait harder.

It's not just "you guys sure are butthurt over license plates". Every single detail matters, what good to have an impecable car you love if there is that little small detail that boils the living shit out of you. Sure, to some it might not seem much, but personally I view it like an imperfection, just like I'd see a scratch or a horrible sticker on the car. If that bothers you, then any other small detail is just as justified.

Hey, wouldn't mind a licence plate in the style of Missouri redesign. Only thing I hate about american plates are the width-height ratio.

Froglander here.
We can have regional flags on the right end of the plate, which is breddy neat.
I do miss having the possibility of chosing a yellow, red or black plate though. (some are still here but only for specific vehicles)

i am yuro and I drive a 5.4 liter V12
Fuck you

It's not just plates, it's not just little details, it's the sum of everything. It cann all be dismissed that way but when you take the entire picture into consideration, it does get a bit maddening
>why do you mind about the president of the EU and its commission not being elected? they don't have that much power in the first place
>why do you care that Eu regulations and texts are not drafted by elected officials? some of them are not even applied anyway
>why do you care about EU regulation on products? you have national regulations too and it's only for a couple products?
>why are you butthurt over a possible EU defense force? it won't take the place of national standing armies
>why do you care so much about EU-related taxes? they really aren't that much of a burden compared to your local taxes, big deal
>etc
If it was just any issue alone it would be fine but it's all piled up, all the time, and it keeps getting bigger.

Wait, do you chaps on the continent not have a choice regarding the EU flag? I'm Britain, we don't have to have it if we're on our little island and only have to have a GB sticker of we do go "abroad".

Pic related. This is perfectly legal here.

>"I'm Britain"

Fucking predictive text.

The old plates looked so much better especially on older cars without that fucking faggy blue strip on the site.

Also, the font was cooler.

If I'm not mistaken, the EU flag on the place is required if you want to leave the country in your car, otherwise you have to revert to the old system of oval stickers with your country's national code on it.
As for covering it, it would depend on your local legislation regarding that sort of tinkering. Here in France, you have a second blue band one the right of the place with regional number and flag, a lot of people use whatever region they want or like, some cover it with stickers or stuff like that, it's tolerated.

>This is perfectly legal here.

You sure about that? At least in Germany it fucking isn't.
Around here, the plate is treated like an official document and fucking with it in any way means you get in serious trouble.

Some funnybones do shit like pic related not knowing that there's a big chance it will get you a big fine. Also, your car isn't road legal anymore and in case of an accident the insurance won't pay a dime.

A lot of plates you see dont't even have any side bit at all, just numbers.

I'm more annoyed when non European countries copy the blue bar on the left

>non european
Chairman Merkel would like to have a word with you.

They're pushing and trying REALLY, REALLY FUCKING HARD to get into "the cool club".

The plates are one of the signs of this.

lol this plate is fucking pathetic

That's not an official one, Mehmet

Yes. That's why you always buy the non-EU plates for your car. Much cleaner look and only for about 20 eurobucks.

t. Finlan

mine came with an EU plate when i bought it
i don't really care either way but it's one less thing i need to worry about when i drive over to hit up the nurburgring next year

You have the possibility of buying non-EU plates?
How long does it take to get citizenship?

Why Serbia, why?

jelly as fuck

t. germon

>Why Serbia, why?
We're an official EU candidate since 2012

Am legit sorry for you mates.
Still waiting for Brexit so properly happen.

We need Euromonies, bro

>Yuroshit license plates are too boring and cheap looking
t. the country where half the states print the license plate of a flat piece of plastic because they can't afford embossed tin anymore, and even those were only made by prison inmates for a slave wage

Some state court has ruled that the blue strip isn't part of the license combination though and therefore the strict laws on obscuring it don't apply to it, especially if there's no sign of malicious intent, AS LONG as you can still read the mandatory national identifier. I think the person in question drove around with a flag of the empire but with the D on it.

burger here. Rocking a Deutschland EU plate in MD which is a front plate state, idgaf.

You're only sorry because you don't know how much money there is in the EU for poor countries.
t. Polack, everything and I mean EVERYTHING is sponsored by EU here. Schools, buildings, companies.

does Missouri really put their stickers in the middle of the plate? disgusting

>not one of these fake german plates that don't follow the rules of how plates are issued
You're a hero.

Any reason why you got a plate from Neuwied am Rhein or is it just a random german plate?