Car guy

>car guy
>car is automatic

anything worse than this, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RFRyZ08JJok
youtube.com/watch?v=tm3-ku-rIiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, it depends what kind of car you're driving and where you're going to be driving it.

>anything worse than this, lads?

people who complain about transmissions but consider themselves car guys

I wish i had an automatic commuter car.
manuel is a bitch in traffic and stop lights

No, having an automatic transmission is proof that you don't actually like driving. You just like the image or idea of cars, not the reality of them.
Same with anyone who doesn't work on their cars.
That means you're a surface deep swag fag or brain dead autist.
It's okay to not be a car enthusiast, but don't pretend to be one.
Tech enthusiasts who want to look less nerdy often try to pretend to be car enthusiasts and it's just pathetic.

Or it just means that you found a decent car that was auto and got it because you needed a decent car.

cool

those guys who spend 10s of thousands of dollars to build 2 or 3 thousand horsepower cars dont care about them and just like the image

>It's okay to not be a car enthusiast, but don't pretend to be one.

practice what you preach

This is the age old meme.
Anyone who honestly thinks that traffic in a manual is even a second thought has no experience driving manual, or is a boomer.
And anyone who thinks stoplights are a second thought is as new as you can get.

Your spirited driving car, not a commuter. Whether it's a sports car, hot hatch, weekend toy, etc

If you were a real car enthusiast you'd get a clapped out manual hooptie that needs work.

They don't, look at Rob Ferretti

How does it feel being an insufferable autist who lives their life through memes? Some people don't care about cars and just need a carefree means to get to McFatties.

>tripfag
seems about right

You're not a car guy if your only car is a commuter. Plus we're not talking about appliance cars

>not a car guy if your only car is a commuter
opinion discarded

manual is fine
auto is fine

as long as we can all agree faux manual flappy paddle dual clutch shit is homo

dct is automatic and literally the best for road cars

Why do you have such shit opinions

>car guy
>has no car
applies to 50% of this board

Why don't you go rape someone else, Ethan?

>guy at my job drives a civic with the exhaust tips chopped off
>refers to it as a "mod"

DCT is the best.

you still decide when you want to change gears so that's hardly an automatic transmission. if anything it's an automatic synchronisation.

>muffler delete on mod list

most DCT (I dont know if its actually all or not) have an auto mode for commuting

>one leg
>Super long, with huge feet.
>can't work the clutch because I have no ankle and a fucking flipper.
>people get excited when I tell them about my shitboxes
>"Sick, manual Transmission?"
>Always have to give a sad no and watch their interest steadily decline.

It stinks. I might buy a shitbox honda and hack it up until I can drive it just so I can get those feels.

manual is overrated shit

Not if the car has gobs of torque unlike a civic

not really

manual is the most overrated thing in the car world

doesnt matter if its a 50hp shitbox or a 400hp V8

Sounds like you can't drive a manual OR an automatic worth a shit.

Come back when you've owned and driven more than just your moms old hand me down, then your opinion might be worth something.

What a faggot. Get off my Veeky Forums with your bus pass bullshit

call me when youre old enough to get a license little Memo

>someone actually believes this
Jesus

>NO TRUE SCOTSMAN DRIVES THEIR CAR FOR ONLY COMMUTING

enjoy riding the bus in a couple months when you eat guardrail, dick.

I have been a licensed driver longer than you have been alive.

so youre old and senile

take your meds then no one your age should act like a 12 year old btard

if video games count for anything, manual is the most fun when the car revs to a gorillion, but only if you're really pushing it. Daily driving a manual seems like it wouldn't matter that much, and I don't know why people freak out about it.

Can confirm that 170 HP and 120 TQ that revs to 8k is more fun than 250/250 that revs to 6k

>anything worse than this
american cars

>"""""""bike guy"""""""
>bike is automatic

jesus fucking christ, these exist?

i like bikes, but i've never been that deep into the world of motorcycles, i thought all of them were manual....

this is absolutely tragic, who would want this?

Id rather drive automatic in traffic but in the mountains it's manual all the way

When you grow up, you might realise that you can be a car enthusiast without having a manual, stripped to the bone, loud, uncomfortable civic.

Luxury/GT/Comfy cars can be just as fun as a stripped out rocket, but it's a different kind of fun.

The new africa twin comes in a manual tho.

Stay BTFO

I hate Honda fags but.....

checked and decked

Go to San Francisco or Seattle Craigslist and search for manuals. you will see the people that fell for this meme and they hate it

I get it and technically he's right but referring to it as a "modded exhaust system" and talking about how you want a fake BOV is a one track way of being a non-enthusiast
Btw I am a hondafag

All I have to say about this matter is "Muh traffic" is no excuse. My only two cars are manual and I deal with shitty california traffic.

Holy shit! This guy drives his manual shitboxes IN CALIFORNIA!!!

Well that seems to be all everyone complains about

People complain about traffic whether they drive automatic walk bike or drive manual.

>Some people don't care about cars and just need a carefree means to get to McFatties.
Yeah, Is specifically said not being a car enthusiast is fine.
But don't pretend to be one.

>car guy
>is european
That's worse.

a majority of ALL cars are automatic

be ready for a lifetime of being disapointed

is that you gross gore?

>buys n/a automatic mk4 supra
>put twin turbo stickers on it
>calls it a 'twin supra' because he thought the '2' in 2jz meant twin
>paints a fuckihng league of legends character on the side

youtu.be/RFRyZ08JJok

I wouldn't mind if traffic was shit and slow, but mine's shit and fast. Not to mention I'm still half asleep when I drive to work in the morning. Maybe after driving manual for several months, but as of now, I would not be able to make the car react fast enough to not get plowed within a week.

you sound butt flustered that you cant afford an NA supra to do with as you please

>t. autist confused between opinions and facts

>No, having an automatic transmission is proof that you don't actually like driving

Holy shit that's hilarious.

What a moronic nu-male.

He's right. Unless you're driving a 991 or something. In which case you should also have an older H car for posterity or else you wouldn't be a real car guy.

Deal with it video gamer.

>You can't be something if you don't fall into my specific rules

Yeah, you can't be a girl if you were born with a penis.

Obviously a hobby is not the same as genetics you retard.

>If you were a real car enthusiast you'd get a clapped out manual hooptie that needs work.

That's not a car guy, that's a tinkering guy

And you're a faggot

this board probably demonstrates no-true-scotsman bullshit better than any other

>If you animate in Source Film Maker instead of Maya then you're not a real animator

See how retarded that sounds?

Tied with /a/ for 2nd behind /pol/.

To be fair, N/A Auto Poopras are cheap as fuck compared to the TT/6 models. I'd consider buying one and then half-assing a Soarer drivetrain down the road.

>no-true-scotsman

don't forget sour grapes and crab bucket mentality

So cringe when you see a bunch of kids with automatic commuter cars trying to say they are car guys looool

yo having a poster of a lambo on ur wall when u were 15 doesnt make you a car guy lmaooo

>racing drivers aren't car guys because they don't do all the work on their own cars

Can we just put all tripfags to the rope now, please?

I wanna get a roller/blown engine N/A auto poopra and then give the A340E an AW4 bell housing, and get an AMC 4.0L I6. I'm gonna stroke it to 4.6L, tarbo, tune, and see how close I can get to 800hp. Mate it to (now built, of course) AW340 and just go have fun with it. Best payoff is popping the hood for people and watching their face.

My DD is automatic. It's faster than your bus. I'm a car guy. Deal with it nerds.

There was a guy in texas that did the almost exact opposite of that

youtube.com/watch?v=tm3-ku-rIiU

a Miata

racers aren't car guys. they are racers.

This. When I bought my car it was a choice between one example that had 120K and was owned by a little old lady who bought it new in '93, and had kept up on all the maintenance and shit, or a ragged out piece of shit with 250K that was being sold by a small time dealership and probably hadn't had the fluids changed in the past few years. I couldn't wait for a better one to show up in my price range, so I went with the first one and man am I glad I did.

I'd love to have a manual (especially since I live in bumfuck nowhere TN with basically zero traffic), and I plan to manual swap mine if people ever stop asking fucking insane amounts of money for manual E34 parts donors, but I don't regret choosing the auto car at all and I'd do it again if I had the chance. If that means I'm not a true enthusiast, then whatever, I guess I'm just a poser.

This.
Why does everyone want to be labeled as a car guy so much?
Just fucking deal with who you are and what you like.
You don't get to decide what labels you get put under.
You're like a fat girl writing beautiful all over her body.
Dude just fucking deal with the fact that there are fairly well defined boundaries around labels.
To be something you need to actually be it, not just call yourself it.

>Wants a manual car
>Wasn't in the situation to get one
>Actively yearns for one
That's different from
>Hates manual cars
>Wants a commuter car
>Actively shitposts about how superior automatic is

You may not be a hard core enthusiast, but it sounds like you actually have some enthusiasm. Who knows if that will change once you actually get what you want.

All right, I'll bite.

Hi. I own and drive an automatic Buick station wagon. I am a "car guy" despite that, and here's why:

I have replaced, repaired, fiddled with or modified nearly every mechanical component on this car in my four years of ownership. I recently completed a first-of-its-kind engine swap in this car (LX9 3.5L V6 in place of the 3.1). There was much research, trial-and-error, and GM Legos necessary, but I've put 3k miles on it and it runs well. With this one simple trick I shaved 3/4 of a second off my 1/4 mile ET.

This car is custom. 1 of 1. Yeah, it looks just like grandpa's. That's the point.

So fuck off with your NO TRUE SCOTSMAN garbage.

Ethan The Rapist is a fucking faggot, but he's right.

Trip back on pls ethan

>bought a manual cavalier
>Live in city
>Don't hate driving it still fun in heavy traffic
What am I missing boys?

>anything worse than this, lads?
... Madonna?

yeah but dont buy an n/a auto and put tt stickers on it lmao

Wow I bet this guy is really disappointed with his choices

Are you a fucking mer-man?

There's no well-defined boundary around the "car guy" label, you shitposting tripnigger.

>Why does everyone want to be labeled as a car guy so much?
>Just fucking deal with who you are and what you like.
>You don't get to decide what labels you get put under.
>Dude just fucking deal with the fact that there are fairly well defined boundaries around labels.

You're not seven anymore, you don't get to set the rules and decide who can or can't join your super-secret club. The fuck do you even care how people label themselves? I doesn't affect you in the slightest. Just let everybody else do what they like.

Guys who claim to be car guys and start talking about BMW V6s...

Nice tumblr.

Dude sorry you don't get to throw around your labels to make yourself feel good.
It makes you an idiot.
Accept yourself you fucking twat.

>Nice tumblr.
Really? That was what you came up with?

>you don't get to
Actually I do. There will be no sanctions whatsoever, and your disapproval is of absolutely fuck all relevance to anybody but yourself. So yes, I totally get to.
>It makes you an idiot.
If that's my greatest transgression in this life, I'm pretty sure we all live.
>Accept yourself you fucking twat.
By defining myself according to your weirdly obsessive little hierarchy? What fantastic advice.

You talk about coming to terms with yourself, but at the same time want to control how everybody else construe and present themselves. Again: Why do you care? Why? Why is it so all-fired fucking important to you do impose your definitions on who are and aren't a true believer on everybody else? Are you unable to present yourself to the world as just you, do you need some sort of handy and well-defined format to cling to?

>non car guy

>>yeah I am going to swap in [x] engine or turbo it maybe it's like the easiest thing to do in these cars

You'd have a point if I was just stating my single opinion rather than the widely held one. (take real good note of my word choice)
Keep on tumblring snowflake.

I keep my daily lightly modified and is always automatic my weekend car is always manual

>You'd have a point if I was just stating my single opinion rather than the widely held one.
Considering that there is a multitude of us calling you - singular - out on your crap, I'll take this appeal to the wisdom of the masses as your de facto capitulation.

So if you actually go out on your days off and drive around on mountain roads for fun but you're in an automatic it means you're not actually doing it for fun?

If it's not a decades long thing, it's not enthusiasm, it's interest.
Just because you got your license and watched initial D so you went hooning a few times doesn't make you a car enthusiast.

This thread alone already shows more support against autocucks being classified as enthusiasts than real enthusiasts.
And my name is enough to bring neckbeards out of the wood works to argue with me on any topic. When you're in a position of huge advantage you already lose.
Hilarious. You're like Hillary Clinton.