Tfw want to learn how to drive standard but no one you know knows how to drive stick

>tfw want to learn how to drive standard but no one you know knows how to drive stick

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk
youtube.com/watch?v=a2ixu1jXLf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know right?
It's not like there are paid professionals out there who can train you to driver a manual car on like some sort of special course for inexperienced people...

Get a mists and teach yourself, watch YouTube videos then go to a big open empty parking lot and practice starting, stopping, and switching gears. You will do fine just keep calm and practice, the reason I say get a miata is because they are cheap, reliable, and they have a very forgiving clutch. Good luck OP!

Buy a car with a manual transmission and drive it home. Watch this if you want to.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk
Don't ride the clutch and you will be fine.

It's real easy:

>See that car is in neutral
>Start engine
>Seatbelt on
>Depress clutch (Call it a faggot)
>Move gear lever into position that corresponds with first gear keeping clutch depressed (Put a Morrisey CD on)
>Release hand brake
>Build up the revs slowly
>While doing this, gently release clutch
>You are now moving
>Change into second before the engine screams at you
>Keep accelerating and changing gear as you accelerate
>Change down as you slow
>If you hear a rumble, change down
>Make sure you depress the clutch before coming to a halt (Kill its dog)

Ment to say Miata. I recommend first generation miata

make a craigslist ad offering 50 bucks an hour

Buy a 500$ corolla and learn.
Search craigslist every morning and night looking for manual corollas in the 500$ range that run.
With registration and shit you'll be 1,000 in the hole at most.
Me and a friend are on our 4th sub 1,000$ corolla, 2 died from not checking oil and doing burnouts/redlining

>buy miata
>have to get someone else to drive it away because the seller probably wont want to teach me because he wants an intact clutch

Sounds fun, how do you do a burnout? (not op)

Get the seller to teach you. Pay him 30 bucks to teach you or something like that

Bought my 86 without even knowing how to drive stgandard, had him test drive it, ect, ect.

We did the transaction, he taught me the basics in a parking lot and walked away. I praciced and drove home a few hours later across the city at night, it was honestly the funnest time of my life.

Push in the clutch, put it in first, build the revs up, release clutch with foot still on gas pedal and youre off

Never knew it was that easy, thanks!

>first vehicle is motorcycle
>never ridden one before, hardly knew how they worked
>gotta take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course
>two 6 hour courses, only 2.5 of which are on bikes
>first day, first course
>Learn that all motorcycles are manual as I am sitting on one for the first time

I taught myself working at a car dealership. I just practiced on the new cars. It's a mazda dealership so there was plenty of stick shift miatas, mazda 3s, and mazda 3 hatchbacks. Just spend some extensive time watching youtube videos and practicing it in your head first. Or even better, if you play any driving simulators that helps too. I never stalled the first few times because I was releasing the clutch extremely slow in order to not fuck up the new cars. After awhile I got used to it and could do it much faster. That's when I went and bought my first manual car. Then you can really perfect your skills.

>depress clutch
>call it a faggot

kek

You have an extra pedal that cuts contact between engine and gearbox.
You have to upshift at about 2,5k rpm and downshift when the engine starts dying at about 1,2k rpm
Ezpz

what about hills? how do i stop the car at a stop sign without it stalling?

I can waltz out and buy a 91 mazda 626 for five hundos and learn it if i didnt already know how

stop being a little bitch

>>Hills

A lot, if not most, manual cars come with hill assist these days. What it does is depress the brake for you or some shit while you're getting really to get back into 1st and drive. It totally fucks with me because I'm used to doing it on my own.

The correct way is to leave the car in neutral or keep the clutch pressed in, then roll off the clutch while simultaneously (and smoothly/gently) moving off the brake pedal and onto the accelerator pedal. That part takes a while to get decent at and you'll still probably either slip the clutch a bit more than normal or jerk the car into first with a bit too much throttle.

The easier way is to use the parking/e-brake. You pull it up while you're at a stop, then as you're ready to go and pressing the accelerator pedal you release the parking/e-brake.

>>Stop sign

Easy. Come to a stop or close to stopping, clutch-in, put car in neutral.

Those were the big questions, thanks!

You don't have to be completely comfortable with a stick to take it on an (empty) freeway/highway. Once you're comfortable enough with it to get it to an open road go do it. It's a pretty easy way to get comfortable with the act of shifting gears

What's the deal with putting the clutch halfway when you start being the way to start off? Do you have to hold it halfway for a bit after you switch gears during driving?

New manual driver here. How do I speed up my starts from first? It takes at least 3 seconds for me to get the RPMs to 1500 and release the clutch slowly. If I do it quickly the car lurches forward. Also, my shifts to second are rough too unless I release the clutch very slowly. Am I doing something wrong?

Full kek
Don't driving instructors teach you how to drive proper cars?
In the non third world if you pass your test in an auto you CAN NOT legally drive a manual.

Then recieve hookers

>TFW drive manuels all my life
>first time in a automagic
>dont know how to use it
>there is no clutch pedal
>the gear stick is stuck in p

i can say its the worst test drive i ever made

Thats called slipping the clutch. You only need to slip the clutch when you first get going.

You go into D and then use the right pedal to move. As you accelerate the gears shift on their own, you'll see it when rpm suddenly drops a bit.

It's probably really bad on clutch wear idk but if I want to get going quick without launching, I come off the clutch quickly but smoothly while giving it gas, and the more the clutch pedal comes out the more gas I give it, if that makes sense

thanks but no thanks. its been months ago since i tried it.
also the gear stick selector was STUCK DAMMIT
i couldnt move it

Automatics exist, but you probably can't afford the luxury.

>literally too stupid to drive an automatic

Here you go americunt,
youtube.com/watch?v=a2ixu1jXLf4
moreover it's explained in murican !

If one finds driving a manual car difficult, i drove one that had a bad clutch cylinder last week, so i had to 100% manually synchronise all the gears, stop the engine every time i had to stop to start it in 1st...While city driving in europe, with all our roundabouts ... 30kms

>Morrissey CD
>not a eurobeat cd

>Easy. Come to a stop or close to stopping, clutch-in, put car in neutral.

This is correct, however you don't always need to put it in neutral, for a stop sign you are usually going to take off again shortly after coming to a complete stop if there isn't much traffic. In this instance it's perfectly acceptable to depress the clutch fully and place it in first (if you arent already in first) and then go through your take off again. If you are going to be there for a little bit then just leave her in neutral and wait for the traffic to pass with your foot on the brake.

My grandmother didn't want a automatic because she felt it was too complicated.
Sometimes I love Sweden, in my city I've only seen one automatic learners car. >90% of the license holders knows how to drive stick.

Did this once, however having my truck licence meant that I wasn't too bad at syncing gears, stops and starts were hell though.

Come on man, I've only ever had manual cars too and autos always catch me off guard, but I can still figure out how to press the button on the shifter to move it...

>no one you know knows how

sick alliteration bro

>Eurofags cant figure out the easy transmission

whats it like in bizarro world?

It's 2016 fag, YouTube and practice.

You have to disengage the shiftlock you stupid nigger.

>he doesn't know what a shiftlock is

L M A O
M
A
O

You get depressed from listening eurobeat? What the heck mang

>depress clutch (call it a faggot)

>learn how to drive stick
so sick of this meme.
You don't have to "learn" to drive stick. All you have to do is press a pedal and move a shifter.
If you can drive auto you can drive stick. If you have read and comprehended this post you're now able to drive stick.

Douse yourself in gasoline. Light a match. You are doing a burn out

>put car in first
>foot on clutch
>hold revs at whatever you want
>roll foot off clutch onto brake (if you want to stay still while burning out)
>mad skidz

This happened today.
Was droving standard jeep stopped on the lights, couldnt shift gears after that.
Only shofted to reverse but then the car shut off.
Still dont know what happened am scared af for high costs of a practically new clutch i had.

Any help would be appreciated and on tuesday il let u all know what was wrong after a mechanic looks at it.

>t. never learned how to drive stick

We think the same thing mang.