Is there a <$10K way to get V8 power without headaches (i.e. cars that complete idiot normies could drive and maintain)

Is there a

Other urls found in this thread:

thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/448105-ls1-into-third-gen.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a Tractor

sc400

lexus sc400

3.5L Ecoboost V6

This.

Foxboy mustang, Fire bird, GXP, Camaro

No.

To get a decent bee ate fur that kind if money you'll have to go pretty far back. If always going to be a PITA to maintain.

I'd go either with a firebird or a g8

how are these btw? I've seen some around here for 4k but any car that powerful for that cheap scares me, are they unreliable, bad at turning? something?

Auto only

The best option you have at this price is either a 4th gen f-body (Camaro SS, Trans Am / Firebird formula), or a C4 Corvette. Either LS1 or LT1 V8 in those, LS1 being way better.

Either that or a new edge mustang GT. Every other V8 is old and slow

Crown vic

1997 mustang gt

1998 camaro v8

crown vic or any panther platform

a low miles northstar caddy is v8 but the maintenance will be murder

LS1 swap $500 and a weekend.

Ask a harder question next time.

If you're both this much of a pussy and as poor as you represent yourself to be then SC400 is the only choice for you. There are plenty of sport coupes and pickups but you'd probably break them or they'd break you or you'd break each other. SC400s are good cars all around I think you should test drive one.

pretty good
theyre cheap cause auto only
good new is colins makes adapter kits so you can manual swap it
trans adapter plate used to be 1700usd by itself years ago, now it's just ~300
the kit is around 1700 with options to use a z or schasis ka24de trans ($20-200 used in decent condition for most) waymore depending where you live
pretty reliable, maintenance is exspenive, but a few things are annoying to do like the starter
most things are just as annoying as a rwd v6 car.
they take to mods well, na without headwork there is like a 350hp cap, and if you want to go FI without upgrading internals the non vvti 1uz has thickest rods

>thinking an swap is just buying an ls

>not knowing the ls swap $500 and a weekend meme

Yeah I just started browsing Veeky Forums. You got me

>Go on craigslist
>Find an old Dart, Falcon, Mustang, Diplomat, Granada, Nova, 3G Camaro, LeBaron, Cordoba, Chevelle, Valiant, Monza, Fairlane, Skylark, Bel-Air, Javelin, Lark, etc
>buy it
>you now have V8 power.

>buy old fleet Colorado
>junkyard LM7
literally LS swap over the weekend for a few grand

I've been looking at Trans Ams on CL, there's plenty of V8s in the Bay Area

Fox Body Mustangs should be easy to find anywhere Mexicans live

This. Try them out and see which one has the sound and unique feel that you like most.

V8 bare blocks can be bought for about a grand, rotating assemblies for about 1.8k, then you could get some heads and cncnport and rebuild em, plus some custom cams. Then you'd need headers for 300, intake manifold and cai would be about 500.

Prices vary depending on what youre building, sbc is the cheapest, sbf is pretty cheap as well, modular fords have a good aftermarket for cheap that can handle serious boost. Theres always LS but i wouldnt buy some prebuilt 10 thousand dollar motor. Just rebuild a junker

Buy a used 350 SBC block for two hundred and start putting parts on it. Alternatively, buy a rolling chassis with either a V154 or A340E transmission and buy a 2JZ-GTE to drop in.

Crown vic, can get at police auction for dirt cheap.

Cheby truck, crown vic, dodgey ram, ferd f150

>how are these btw?
Ugly as hell
Auto only
Pig fat
Meh interior
It's basically a 2 door version of a cushy Lexus sedan. Lame.

Gen 1 Dodge Durango/Dakota

They get a lot of hate but a 2006 or 2007 Monte Carlo SS. Have to like the car to go for it though.

3rd gen camaro/firebird, LS swap. Can be done for $5000, plus cost of car. Add a cheap turbo setup for $1500, and you've got one fast cousinfucker.

thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/448105-ls1-into-third-gen.html

99/01 mustang cobra
cheap 320 horsepower

>Can be done for $5000, plus cost of car.
And the time spent cleaning out the beer bottles and skoal cans.