26 year old male

>26 year old male

>parents never owned a car

>never had a license

>were extremely neglectful and didn't teach any basic life skills

>finally get a license

>it's useless because I have literally no one in the world (no friends either) to help me buy a car without getting ripped off

I mean sure, there are plenty of instruction guides on how to check if a car is good or not (like the sticky), but the reality is that for a complete novice it's fucking useless. People really take for granted to have a normal childhood. Even white trash hillbilly parents teach their children how to ride a bike, fix up a car, or buy a car without getting ripped off by some crafty jew.

If children needed to be taught how to breath, I would have suffered for only a few minutes rather than 26 years.

Buy a shitbox civic for dirt cheap then learn from all the shit that is wrong with it what to look for next time

I can't afford to "learn" from having my car break down constantly while paying $300+ in insurance monthly. People my age have been driving since they were 16. Just LOL @ my life 2bh with you.

no job?

This. This. This.

Cheap Honda or Toyota is the safest bet.

save up money for a downpayment on a nice car you can feel proud about

>26 year old male
>$300+ in insurance monthly

What?! I'm 27 and pay $68/mo

He said he just got his license, so it will lower once he gets more years of experience.

I have a job but it's not enough to be paying hundreds of dollars in repairs every week when some brown shit sells me a lemon.

Still... I've been driving since 15-16 and didn't pay anything close to $300/mo

> Never had a father
> Mother hates us, and always blamed us for everything
> Mother tries to get me killed at 18
> Live in the streets for a couple days until a friend let me stay over at his place
> Got a job working on cars (self taught, got a job at 16 because my mom started becoming unstable)
> Now I'm much happier, have my own car, a steady job, and food to eat everynight.
You can do it man, I believe in you

>abloo bloo lemme complain about how shitty my life is instead of doing something meaningful.
Fuck off right back to /r9k/ you subhuman millenial nigger. Go out and learn and if you're too pussy to do that, stick to public transportation.

I live the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. Those are the rates here.

Nobody under the age of 20 actually knows how to drive, though. Especially if they are female.

That's nuts. I've never payed more than $100/mo for insurance.

>I live the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. >Those are the rates here.
The TTC or zum or miway or wherever the fuck is more than enough to get you from A to B cuck

My buddies are both paying around 260 in Peterborough. Both 18 with g2.
Do you really need a car right now? My mom used to live there and didn't get her licence until l she was like 30 cause she could bike anywhere just as fast.

Dude your always getting ripped off for nice things. You're not going to die because you wasted a few bucks

t. someone who had a similar problem

>The TTC
Yeah. If I want to get up at 5:00 in the morning to go to work lest I get "delayed" because some good samaritan had to pull the emergency alarm because he saw a schizophrenic guy talking to himself or a homeless guy sleeping.

The TTC is completely fucked and it's only going to get worse when Presto is fully implemented and metropasses get phased out. Then I'll be paying the full 3.35 (they're hiking up the fees another 10 cents) every trip I take.

It always amazes me the amount of irresponsible, unstable bums who had no business reproducing.

All I see is more complaining. Fuck off cuck.

You really like that word, don't you?

>My buddies are both paying around 260 in Peterborough
My monthly car payment and insurance combined are less than that :-P

Your father sure does

Yeah yeah I know we are getting fucked, insurance in Canada is stupidly expensive. Going to be paying 191/month for a bike in the spring :(

Also, let me dumb it down for you
(3.45*2)*31=213.9
Even cheaper if you get a bus pass
Still cheaper than insurance. You want cheaper insurance? Then you either move out of Ontario and find somewhere else to live, or you shut the fuck up and live out your miserable existence.
I bet you voted for this faggot

>parents fucked me up as a child and caused me to be over cautious with this
>go into convulsive shock trying to drive a manual

I fucking hate it.
I almost died in my first car because as I was about to drive it home, all these dollar signs flew through my head as I was thinking about letting clutch out and giving too much throttle accidentally burning the clutch.

I passed out from hyperventilating, pressed the clutch and the car rolled down their drive way into a ditch.

I even went to therapy for this. Fuck my parents

Am I the only one here who had a fairly normal, middle-class upbringing?

>$300+ in insurance monthly

Jesus, fuck. Move out of the city or just don't get a car.

My parents were completely useless when it comes to cars (still are). I learned to wrench all on my own by reading factory service guides and watching youtube videos and reading forums for repair procedures. After a while basic concepts kinda clicked in and I managed to learn how to diagnose and repair across most vehicles without using outside help (unless it was a really big fucked issue)

Holy shit man. Don't sweat it so much, any clutch can take some abuse. Just try to get better as you go.
I yelled at my gf once when I was teaching her manual and then realized I was going to give her anxiety about it so decided fuck it, let her make mistakes, whats the worst that'll happen. A glazed clutch? So what. I don't need to traumatize her over it.
If it's so bad you needed therapy thats pretty fucked up. Btw hypnotherapy works great for that kind of thing, often "cures" you in one visit.

literally just buy a civic for 3k & use your common sense

i believe in you user, just make sure it has 3 pedals

>Peterborough
>GTA
pick one and only one, Peterborough is way out in the country, and insurance rates are higher when you live in a big city.

Where did daddy touched you user?

It's not as common as you think. I'm one of only two people I know out of about 25 that did and I grew up in a middle class suburb. It really, really fucks the kids up and they become useless until someone that had a proper upbringing gets them up to speed and teaches them life skills.

It's pretty depressing to see it so often. I have a hard time blaming people like OP when I've seen worse with my own eyes.

I literally pay 250€ as a novice driver in Italy. Not monthly but in the whole year. Now I understand why americans wages are higher than europeans ones..