Am I wasting my money buying a throttle body with a 5mm greater bore than my stock one

Am I wasting my money buying a throttle body with a 5mm greater bore than my stock one.

I feel like it should tie in well with my aftermarket cold air intake, performance tune, and axlebacks. I'm just not sure if it's truly worth the $400

(2014 Mustang)

Other urls found in this thread:

dinancars.com/product/d760-3440a-high-flow-throttle-body-1999-2003/?series=5-Series&mid=1048/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do fuel injected cars even have throttle bodies?

no, only carbureted engines

Unless they are diesel then yes.

Uh wut?

Could be worse, could be $926 for 3mm

dinancars.com/product/d760-3440a-high-flow-throttle-body-1999-2003/?series=5-Series&mid=1048/

You're not going to get any gains. Cams would be way more effective but you'd need a tune.

Find out the flow rate of your current one and the flow rate of your head, max RPM and displacement first.

Then decide if it's restrictive.

Minimal pressure drop benefits. Save you goddamn money. Maybe if you had aggressive cams...

headers and/or an x-pipe.

You gain about 15rwhp and 20lb-ft torque on the low end 2.5-4.5k. This is where the Mustang is actually sluggish as shit and could use the improvement. It has very minimal gains at the top end.

Too loud. I live in a large city.

Also a nice way to fail emissions inspection.

americanmuscle is lying to you. you wouldn't gain half that much unless your stock one was broken.

I've looked at independent dynos on youtube that aren't far off.

Speaking of cams would they be worth it in a VQ35DE

Yes.

The intake manifold spacer would be most worth it. Forget its exact name.

Plenum Spacer sorry.

Nevermind, on further research the plenum spacer is bupkis.

I paid about $250 for a 2mm bigger, knife edged throttle body on my Subaru that went on with my TGV deletes. I don't know how much is deletes and how much is the throttle body but tip in is much nicer and the power builds more consistently across the rev range.

Just came back to post that, did a little research and looks like it doesnt do shit, props to the folks who actually shelled out money to dyno test it

basically i change oil at an infiniti dealership and am looking at spending up to $5k or so late next year for a car for spirited driving/occasional track day and figured an 03-05 G35 coupe would be fun and educational, just trying to see if it'd actually be worth it or should I go for a miata, mk3 supra, camaro/firebird ect

vq35 is shit.

i know its not ideal but if my second car is a G35 anything I learn to do on it becomes something i can turn around and apply to the horde of G35's i work on at my job

>throttle body with a 5mm greater bore

For that to actually have gains, you must have the air filtration be able to deliver that flow to the throttle. If the air flow is the same before the throttle, there is no gain.

>not sure if it's truly worth the $400

I worked temp doing Ford inventory. Expect to get shit on for turbos and other related things that make gains in performance but really should be parts for other Ford engines, especially when there is usually a Ford related performance aftermarket monopoly.

Yeah

Spend 9k for a twin turbo hellion kit.

I cant seem to find a single turbo kit out there, and lord knows i dont want a super charger

>Am I wasting my money buying a throttle body with a 5mm greater bore than my stock one. Going from say 85mm to 90mm is a 12% increase.

No 5mm is quite a big increase in flow area.

>(2014 Mustang)
Never mind it's not worth spending money on that shit

Where else do you think they get air from idiot

kek

Gotta get the air in somehow.

>Am I wasting my money buying a throttle body with a 5mm greater bore than my stock one.
Yes.
100x Yes

As long as they aren't direct injected

with modern efi systems you really need to be cammed and ported for a throttle body to have meaningful benefit

absolutely not. You can buy a pair of nice tires with that money