New manual transmission base golf vs manual transmission base hatchback mazda 3

new manual transmission base golf vs manual transmission base hatchback mazda 3.

which one and why?

The Mazda3 is a premium econobox, the Golf is a meh, unreliable econobox with zero driver feel. Easy choice

Do you plan to lease or are you going to finance and keep until it falls apart?

If the former, maybe the Golf if you end up liking it better after test driving both.

If the latter, fuck the Volkswagen - you WILL regret it if you buy.

Every VW owner I've ever met calls their car a giant shitheap - even the ones who actually really like them. It'll be nice for all of a year before shit starts falling apart or getting fucked up somehow, someway. At least with the Mazda you're getting second-tier Jap dependability - it might not go a million miles like a 90's Camry, but it's probably not going to make you curse the heavens. The new Mazda's also look really damn good and have really nice interiors.

Mazda 3, because no check engine lights

would you prefer a Mazda 3 with 30k miles over a brand new Golf?

Depends what kind of warranty you get with a new Volkswagen now a days

Golf, but you should buy CPO.

Neither. Civic for 3k or fix your current car.

I can't fix my own car itself and it will cost >3X what it's current value is to totally fix it.

what car and mileage? how's the exterior and interior? what's wrong with it?

2006 Volvo S60 R Manual Transmission.

Exterior and interior all look pretty good but it needs new brakes, new suspension, something is wrong with the engine (it likes to misfire. OB codes point to a broken MAF but that's not it,) the transfer case is fucked and it's now only FWD, the HID ballasts keep blowing themselves up, and it is constantly throwing false "bulb failure" messages at me even if the bulb in question works fine.

~160k miles

The Mazda 3 will actually have good driving dynamics, better interior, and subjectively looks better.

Mazda puts a lot of effort into a torquey, but economic engine with a uaseable powerband. It will also have a fully indepedent suspension, with a multilink rear instea dof a torsion beam. It will also be more reliable and sportier.

The golf is shit, if it was a GTI vs Mazda 3 then the GTI would be better, but the golf is a pure tool. Mazda's are actually fun tools.

brakes you can do yourself.
some suspension you can do yourself.
what codes are you getting specifically?
was the car crashed? aftermarket bulbs/ballast?

I live in a city, I can't do much myself.

I don't remember the exact codes at the moment but there were a couple indicating the wrong amount of O2 and some others directly calling out misfiring of cylinders.

Car was in an accident a few years ago but was fully repaired at a dealership. OEM headlight hardware.

absolutely, 30k is still pretty new and I guarantee the mazda would be less of a hassle to maintain

I've previously owned two VW's, both had electrical issues and leaked/burned oil constantly, unlike my parents' mazda, which hasn't given them an issue for the past 6 years they've owned it

oh look another weebshit circlejerk

>muh mazda

kys

the golf will probably have that full autism, disgusting plaid interior

based on that alone, the mazda 3 is superior

not to mention cheaper running costs, better reliability, & a more enjoyable driving experience

>Muh superior german engineering

Don't you have parents or friends with a driveway you can work on? You should find out the codes and then swap the ignition coil from a good cylinder to see if the code moves. If it's been misfiring a long time the cat is probably fucked.

What about a pre-owned Ford Fiesta ST vs a pre-owned Mazda 3?

Disregarding cargo space/size, which would you recommend?

Vs the GTI, probably the GTI. Vs a base Golf, hands down the Mazda 3. The base Golf is appalingly bad.

Ford ST.

Civic for 3k.

What does this mythical 3k Civic look like

Like hot garbage

This desu. Base model Golfs are top comfy but you'll always be wondering when something's gonna fail.

Manual impreza, it's not FWD

I've driven both about 1½ years ago.The Golf is so comfy and calm to drive while the Mazda is more dynamic. I would go with the Golf, the only thing I like more with the Mazda is that it's N/A.

Post your local Craigslist and show you

Mazda nigger

How long is long?

It depends on the misfire to be honest. If it's been dumping fuel in it (no spark) the cat has been burning it off, killing it. If the injector hasn't been firing then its less of a big deal.

i would rather have the top trim in automatic than a base model in manual

10 inches