If God created the universe, how did he come to be?

If God created the universe, how did he come to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/51.html
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/21_1_1.jpg
brahmanedu.org/english/
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/15_2.html
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/11_2_7.jpg
books.google.de/books?id=QHMeBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=aporia god&source=bl&ots=bUdyDO5auu&sig=v0FUP1fA5Meo75zlXC5vT9nwEfE&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyh9ug3fDOAhXKCcAKHZojBLUQ6AEINjAC#v=onepage&q=aporia&f=false
verywell.com/what-is-the-placebo-effect-2795466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was created by Super God

Thats wrong you foul heathen, God came to be when 5 lesser gods all formed together in the divine voltron even

He's beyond the mortal concept of "Beginning" and "End". He just is.

I would also ask, why would he bother to exist?

sucked on his own dick and cum farted out the universe him inclusionary

>cycles of life, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

This

Infinite existence among the great empty of the existence, on every moment and time at the same time. That must suck. I guess he would really like an euthanasia. If he can even die?

As a Roman Catholic I can confirm. Super God is way more ripped than God.

he's non-physical, he just is

God can't die, he only exists.

Personally, i imagine there are an infiite number of universes he sees anyway, so i would think he's entertained at least.
then again, thats projecting human traits onto an entity that always has/always will exist, so trying to rationalize or understand him is stupid.

God's parents did the nasty.

I'm kinda imagining him like a Charles Manson of the universe.

He just IS dude, he just exists outside of our dimension through MAGIC which makes complete sense dude

God isn't actually a big old man with a beard in the clouds you dumb faggot. There doesn't need to be a beginning or an end because we're not talking about some organism.

But if he does not have form, does he exist?

Does emotion and feeling have form? They certainly exist.

Wanna know how I know that you're an underage newfag?

Can god terminate his own existance?

They indeed have forms, from a biological standpoint. What causes the emotions also has a form which interacts with you via senses or reflexion.

He was always there.

>then again, thats projecting human traits onto an entity that always has/always will exist, so trying to rationalize or understand him is stupid.

Weren't humans created in the image of God? Anyways, God of Bible behaves in very human way. He's at times angry, jealous or sometimes just an asshole.

Maybe even insane, apathetic or sosiopathic

The above image is range of creation and evolution.

A few Samsara of Sakyamoni Hananim Buddha as the Only True Original Creator
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/51.html

Please, try to think about God's body and a human body.

In a human body, there are a lot of cells.
Cell structure : nucleolus, mitochondrion, chromatin, ribosomes, golgi apparatus, etc.

Bacteria or virus invade a human body. The normal cells in a human body fight foreign bacteria or virus. Various phenomena occur in a human body.

In the body of Sakyamoni Hananim Buddha as the only true original creator, there are a lot of stars on the evolutionary way of solid matter and creatures on the evolutionary way of young-che(영체, 靈體, souls and souls' bodies of all the creatures).

In Sakyamoni Hananim Buddha's body named as beop-gong(법공, 法空), creatures and solid matters coexist. We experience various phenomena.

Image of Beop-gong : brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/21_1_1.jpg

This is my tip for you as best as i can explain.

If you would like to know more, brahmanedu.org/english/

Three bodies of a man : brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/15_2.html
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/11_2_7.jpg

Are you kidding? God is a meme master and has been shitposting with unlimited power and no supervision since the dawn of time. His banter alone must be so good that burning in hell for all eternity is preferable to God verbally roasting you

I am playing upon the concept of god getting extremely bored and feel alone enough that he might go insane or want to die. Who wants to live forever?

if god always was, what's stopping the universe from being the same?

God simply IS.

fell into the trap. exist is also a positive property. God "is"(im falling into the same trap here) the unimaginable, ineffable, unbound of human reasoning

books.google.de/books?id=QHMeBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=aporia god&source=bl&ots=bUdyDO5auu&sig=v0FUP1fA5Meo75zlXC5vT9nwEfE&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyh9ug3fDOAhXKCcAKHZojBLUQ6AEINjAC#v=onepage&q=aporia&f=false
as reference

>projecting human desires onto the creator of all

God

>not projecting human desires on the cause of those desires.

>made in God's image
>no he's completely unknowable, he has nothing in common with us

If God lives a good enough Eternity then he can ascend to Super Heaven to be with his creator Super God.

But then when Super God dies he can go to Super Duper Heaven...

When will this meme die? Look at the amount of shit God had to put up with in the OT and you realize he showed way more restraint than almost any human would. All the more if it's viewed in the NT context of God setting up the pieces for Operation Messiah.

Yeah right.

>Book of Job

>put up with
but he knew it all would happen and still was the fundamental cause for it.
I can accept the idea that god is tied to his fate as creator, but then we cannot trust him to guide us.

Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
And caused the dawn to know its place,
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth,
And the wicked be shaken out of it?
It takes on form like clay under a seal,
And stands out like a garment.
From the wicked their light is withheld,
And the upraised arm is broken.”

“Have you entered the springs of the sea?
Or have you walked in search of the depths?
Have the gates of death been revealed to you?
Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death?
Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth?
Tell Me, if you know all this.

>God created us in his image

>God is formless

explain

Thats such a cop out
>uuhhhmmmm you just cant get it because you're human lol

>mfw God gets so booty blasted about shitposting that he comes here to defend himself anonymously

So this misconception is based on the whole "Satan is God's prosecutor" idea, specifically applied to Job's story because of the generalities of the term "Satan." The issue is that doing so ignores what this Satan fellow is doing, namely walking up and down the earth and such. Which turns out to be a reference to ye olde method of demarcating land ownership. Whoever you prefer to believe this Satan fellow is, it's clear that he's an asshole who's claiming the planet as his own. Note that God's response actually makes sense in this context. He's pointing out that Job's still faithful to Him so the claim is void. If Satan is just playing prosecutor, there's no reason for God to bring Job up in the first place. The SaP interpretation fundamentally breaks the story because there is no longer a coherent point to it. Meanwhile, the Satan as Impending Landlord interpretation does the opposite; Job's unwillingness to bend prevents this Satan fellow from getting his way, essentially saving the world without ever realizing it. Which then plays into God's later point that he does important shit without explaining the reasoning behind it, and we just have to trust him on it.

Job thing is scariest part of OT for me.
Thing about it. All other suffering and deaths ordered/made/approved by God was some kind of punishment, Job was loyal, faithful and good worshiper and still had to suffer as part of bet with Satan and message was to endure it and still worship God even when let this happen to you.

>That's such a cop out
Nice counter argument. Just because you don't like the point doesn't mean it's not true. You have only empirical knowledge from the universe, therfore how can you possibly comprehend something outside of it. It would be like trying to describe to a caveman space when he thinks the earth is flat.

What is the image of your consciousness?

yahweh =/= god senpai
ignore the christian fools

>Implying God is ruled by linear logistics.

Maybe God can't become a part of this universe just like we can't being inside a computer.

What scientists say (the people who have been destroying religion since the renaissance) say that the big bang (the rapid expansion of the universe) was the beginning of the space-time continuum.

To ask "what came before the universe", doesn't make sense as a question. Before the universe there was no space, time, matter, etc.

It's like asking what was my reply before my reply, if you know what I mean.

Hey, to all the Christian posters, this is just a friendly reminder that everything you're saying about the beginning of the universe is coming from people who thought we orbited the sun, and that the human race was created from dirt and ribs.

If we want to understand the origins of life and the universe, then we should consult scientists, not people who (dead for over 2,000 years) who stoned people to death for working on Sundays.

Your religion is incompatible with modern science. Get over it.

he was bought in god-shop

Before he created everything, his first action was to think himself into existence.

>It's like asking what was my reply before my reply

Read Plato pls

Good post, not surprised he ignored it.

I prefer to ask the Creator about His creation, thank you very much. He was actually there, and knows what He did.

The bible does not say the earth orbits the sun, nor can you say we were not made out of dirt, when we have 17 minerals that dirt has, and when we die, we turn back into dirt.

If you want to have answers, seek the truth.

If you want to be wrong your entire life, continue to be a victim of the Science Delusion.

I assume by now someone has informed you that God is an eternal spirit being, not a created being, and that He always was and always will be.

A creator who's having an awesome life.

God to Job is some of the best of the bible, ever.

There is only one problem. The creator is nowhere to be seen to be asked from.

God is an eternal spirit being Who lives in unapproachable light.

He created us to have His Holy Spirit live in us.

In His image means He looks at us and sees Him.

Adam and Eve were made in God's image; since they fell and died, we're all made in Adam and Eve's dead and fallen image. Not God's. If you want to be in God's image, you have to be born again in the Spirit; you have to regain the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit that Adam and Eve lost.

Before the universe, God was.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth......and He said light be!, and light was.

Time space matter energy. What the universe is made of.

Can you see me?

Can you ask me a question nevertheless?

"how"?

So we've settled that you don't need to see someone in order to ask them a question, yes?

If you want to know how God created the world, read the first few chapters of Genesis and read the last few chapters of Job.

Start expanding what your concept of God is, because He is greater than anything you can conceptualize.

No need to get butthurt little theist. There are plenty of other idiots for you to play with and reassure each other about your infinite rewards and eternal life. And your big strong god dad will come get me anyway right? Let's see who's laughing when you're literally watching me be tortured forever.

It's the middle school fantasy that lasts a lifetime.

Why in the hell did this board have to be launched as "History & Hurr" rather than just the history board that people requested

I dont have to expand my concept of god. My concept of god is that it is fiction until proven otherwise by god himself.

It's not a fantasy.

>If God created the universe, how did he come to be?
It is considered Lord God created himself, he came out of a chaos.

That line of thought will lead you to a trial where you already stand condemned for not believing in Jesus, and where you will have to prove to the Creator of the universe that you are just as He is.

And then a pitch black lake of fire forever.

Are you 100.00000000000% positive that could never happen?

>magic
>not fantasy

Considered by fools perhaps. God revealed Himself otherwise.

The works of God are not magic.

The judgments of God are not fantasy.

The consequences of your choices are not meaningless.

Says you. When I die I'm going to skeptics heaven

>Science delusion

Are you one of those batshit crazy fuckheads who thinks the world is 6,000 years old?

well, who/what created the chaos?
If I am forced to burn forever for not taking things upon faith, then fine. I am being sincere here.

oh you fucking retard.

I can talk to you because of the internet and this messaging system. I'm using one of senses that humans hold to speak to you, and that is sight.

You """""""""""""""""communicate"""""""""""""""""" with God through "prayer".

Do you hear the voices in your head or do you interpret his words in the shape of clouds?

Go on, embarrass yourself for everyone's entertainment.

Do people really believe this shit? Like do you know about the universe?
God created all of the power raging in the sun, and millions of suns, and quasars, and the galactic core, across billions of miles, and all of the complexity of all of the subatomic particles and particles and everything everywhere? But it was hard to PUT UP WITH some misbehaving desert monkeys on one planet who weren't doing what he hopes they would when he CREATED THEM ALONG WITH THE WHOLE UNIVERSE?

This is the most childish and parochial shit I can imagine. This literally only makes sense when your understanding of the world is "it's some clay under some lights but I don't really know how any of it work so maybe someone made it the way I make a clay pot."

And let's remember, people's nervous systems are aroused alike sex or other stimuli when they have a religious experience, and that starts to act as proof for the very thing that caused it.

why do you assume that God must necessarily communicate in the same manner as humans?
The primary purpose of communication with God through prayer is a change of heart. It's not to literally hear God or ask for omens. Way to misunderstand prayer.

Meant to reply to

Because if god would communicate in different manner than humans do, he would be just retarded and/or stupid and/or insane.

>be all you just wrote
>have to take shit from your creations
Don't think so

You're being mistrustful of science, yet you're relying on it in your day to day life as well as that bullshit argument about minerals. Seriously, think about what you just said there. Having some of the same chemical properties as something, does not make us the same as it. We share a huge amount of our DNA with chimpanzees but we are by no means the same at all.

Furthermore, we do not turn in to dirt when we die. That is not how decomposition works.

You seriously have a child's understanding of science.

Yes, the bible says the sun travels around Earth, in Joshua 10:13. It even goes a step further by saying it "stopped in the sky for a day".

Do you believe that happened? Maybe it's just a """"""""""""""metaphor""""""""""""""".

I want truthful answers but I will receive none of that in the Bible. Good, modern science began in the enlightenment which was the 18th century.

That's more than 1,800 years after the OT was written. How the fuck can I gain a scientific understanding of the universe from the bible?

>A change in heart

Surely if god was omniscient and omnipotent then he'd have figured out by now that "a change in heart" is an extremely ineffective means of communicating with humans.

I feel like changing your mind was actually just your judgement skills kicking in, and you prescribed them to a magical entity telling you to be healthy and get bottled water instead of coke.

That's called "the placebo effect".

"In a psychology experiment, a placebo is an inert treatment or substance that has no known effects. Researchers might utilize a placebo control group, which is a group of participants who are exposed to the placebo or fake independent variable. The impact of this placebo treatment is then compared to the results of the real independent variable of interest in the experimental group.

Even though placebos contain no real treatment, researchers have found they can have a variety of both physical and psychological effects.

Participants in placebo groups have displayed changes in heart rate, blood pressure, anxiety levels, pain perception, fatigue, and even brain activity. These effects point to the brain's role in health and well-being."

verywell.com/what-is-the-placebo-effect-2795466

You can look this up everywhere, it's interesting stuff.

Is anyone here do linguistics and translations?

Judging by how we have yet to prove that the laws of physics have no exceptions, that we can rationally observe the world & shit like that, I'd question the reliability of our deduction.

You can imagine anything you want, and then when you die, you'll find to your horror that your imagination doesn't have any power.

>Read this book to understand about god's work!

>What? Proof that this is god's word about his work? It says right there in the book, and primitive semites and greeks told us as much!

And you're one of the deluded who think that Science has a grasp on the universe in broad strokes, and only needs to flush out the fine details for a perfect understanding.

i.e. the Science Delusion.

And so is God, Who will honor your choice.

Maybe before you cast yourself into a lake of fire you get a better understanding of what the word "faith" means.

Don't people here know philosophy of science? Asking "Can you explain the explanation?" Is almost trying to obtain an endless regression of explanations explaining explanations.

And you can talk to God because He chooses to hear you.

I'm not, actually. I live by faith, as I am a born again Christian.

All my life God and the bible have been true and faithful.

All my life science has been wrong.

I actually laughed out loud when I read that. I'm guessing you think that statement doesn't apply to you, right?

>Says he as he blindly believes one religion among many
>As he praises faith in a land of reason
>Defying all logic to pursue the word of ignorant goat herders from millenia before
You'd have better odds being an animist. Son.

Why does something like that need to "come to be"? If it's eternal, surely it's always there.

>Do you believe that happened?

Yes, and there are fascinating historical documentation all around the world about the long night/long day, depending on the position of the observer.

Expand your concept of God. It includes being able to freeze the universe in place.