Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/esports/story/_/id/18346345/fifteen-year-old-smash-4-player-mkleo-signs-echo-fox-sources-say
twitter.com/SF_Community
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for fuck capcom

SFV server back up when?

>anime virgin op

merry cringemas

kamala means perfect in arabic
put her in mvci

merry sniffsmas

its christmas user

But Capcom made my favorite fighting game.

What does that have to do capcom milking the scene and esports? The CPT existed with USF4, and AE2012.

How would that make things better? Players like Nuki, Sako, Gamerbee, etc... would have probably all quit by now because we're poverty as shit. Did you forget a lot of the top players have turned 30+ years old in the past 2 years?

You talk a lot of shit and you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you not see that after evo last year, the numbers were down as well? That's what happens when all the big NA events happen before evo. Those events just happen to get the most viewers.

oh no girls!

youd BETTER not say SFV I MEAN IT

samesies

Don't a number of them have real jobs?

who wants to play skullgirls

That's not a wrestling game though.

Ring of Destruction on the other hand

>wrestling
FIGHTING. Fuck.

yeah

However, it's a lot more viable than 3 years ago. 3 years ago the Japanese pro players were constantly saying that the only guy living off fighting games was Daigo. Now you have Kazunoko, and a lot more pros making at least $40k+ a year just from prize money.

I still don't get how Capcom is somehow milking us now, but weren't doing it in SF4 era? Fuck they forces us to buy the new updates because that's the only way we could play against other people. I don't get why people feel obligated to buy dlc in SFV. It's completely optional. Just don't buy it. Problem solved.

>espn.com/esports/story/_/id/18346345/fifteen-year-old-smash-4-player-mkleo-signs-echo-fox-sources-say

Another day, another smash kid signed to a big money esports team.

Why is a game that draws 70k viewers max seen as more lucrative than a game that can get 300k+ viewers?

And where did you pull those numbers from

nice try

and happy sniff year

[SFV operation information] Because of login failure, temporary maintenance will be carried out for around 30 minutes from 12:20 today. Online function can not be used during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience but thank you for your understanding. # SFV

twitter.com/SF_Community

What fighting game is this?

Shinovi versus

FGC is the most diverse fanbase in the world of video games. Thats hella attractive for sponsors, you reach everyone: asians, blacks, whites etc. Other video games just dont have that kind of diversity in their scene.

It's not a fighting game though.

I mean why does Smash 4 get sponsors and no one gives a fuck about SFV. Julio Fuentes and Chris T were the last players to get signed by decent teams. I guess they can't justify the cost of flying East Asian players everywhere.

Why is F.A.N.G unable to make proper calligraphy?

Smash is more parent friendly I guess. I don't know.

Fox didn't help themselves by signing a fraud like Julio.

xian is a faggot

>look at me my character sucks but im so noble and will play him so praise me

you fucked up

Because reverting can see SF is barely hanging on while Smash is guaranteed to keep pumping out quality games.

Capcom fucked up SFV tremendously. Who knows when the next SF is coming out, if at all?

I was deciding between "that's a wrestling game" and "that's not a fighting game" and my brain split the difference.

Anybody that watched last year would know those numbers are legit apart from NCR which should be 62k viewers.

You don't even need hard numbers to know what I said is true. It's a fact that NA events get the most viewers. NCR, Final Round, and CEO are usually the big events. They also happen to take place before evo. That is why numbers were down last year after evo, and they were down this year after evo.

Next you're going to tell me Asian and European events get more viewers because you don't want to be proven wrong.

>being this mad about someone more succesful than you

It's more of a fighting game than SFV

whomp whomp

Slammasters II is the best wrestler-only fighting game

Xian just needs to switch characters. He's being a bitch. Fucking Daigo, Infiltration, Tokido, etc... are all switching characters. Just fucking switch man. There is no reason to stick with Fang.

Who here family reunion/neighborhood party/excuse for holiday shitposting

I asked you for a source you fucking idiot

Nice logic, why do I only hate him then? Every other pro is also more succesful than me

His gimmick is playing unused characters, i don't think he would be good on a top tier

Capcom took a bottom 10 character and made him even worse, I'd be pissed too

Xian relies on match up unfamiliarity, he isnt good enough to win with a top tier character.

>Healthbars
>Combos
>Supers

How is it not a fighting game?

It's his low-tier hero complex, he did the same thing with Gen in SFIV. Let him do what he wants, his struggle will serve as a warning to others.

Is it true that there are rumors going around about KOF14 getting rollback netcode?

For which year?

And I'm asking you why events after evo should have more bigger numbers than the events before evo? Answer me you faggot.

how you gonna say xian has a low-tier hero complex when he played yun in AE? lmao

that was the highest of high tier. his only 5-5 matchup was his mirror

I have not heard of any such rumor. At this point I wouldn't rule it out but I will say it's pretty doubtful.

Fightcade anyone?

is it possible to kara throw kens st mk in sf4 if my stick has 16 ms lag?

playing on ultra pc

hello muslim

nope totally impossible its 100% that 16ms of lag. not your execution or anything at all.

Did the smash general die, why can't I find it?

are you retarded? im not looking for excuses just wondering if it is possible or it is because i'm too slow

it shouldn't make a difference should it? the inputs will still time out the same relative to eachother

Merged with /fgg/

Real talk, reading posts from people who play other games is a big reason why I stick to capcom games, sf especially.

yea bro im sure youre not looking for excuses at all. totally believe that. is this snakeyez?

Show me a source you dumb cunt

You SFV fags will defend your game to your death huh

K
Y
S

I see thanks. Some user said so the other day. Guess he was just an epic troll

Yun was an epidemic, I don't think anyone could resist the siren call of "GENEI-JIN" at first. He did eventually switch back to Gen - that's how he got slapped around by Kazunoko's Yun in that money match at Canada Cup 2012.

And I don't want to admit that I got him confused with Zhi for a minute.

So that's why there so many of them in here these days with their perma-inferiority complex.

not him but post 30 sec of yourself playing a fighting game

muh war on christmas!

>Play a higher execution game with a higher skill ceiling that pulls in more viewers
>inferiority complex

I thought the thread just died or something.

Real talk, if you haven't played Cyberbots even once you've got nothing to be proud of.

And I'm not sure that facial hair works for Smug.

>muh history channel factoids
>muh pagan origins

doesnt change the fact xians godlike. he was still arguably the best yun in the world at the time he played him with kazunoko never going to tourneys outside of japan for a long time. everyone just saw him dominating the leader boards for the point system that japans arcades used

How about you answer my question you faggot. What is so hard about answering my question?

Do you think events after evo should get more viewers than before evo? This is a simple question and basically makes the numbers for events irrelevant.

Pic related, Here are more numbers. My screenshots keep proving that graphic right.

The thread just died and no one made a new one

jesus christ was real!

You are showing one side. Show 2015.

>hurr ill ask him a question to get out of my question

Guys, since that faggot won't answer my question I'll turn to the rest of fgg. Let's end this autistic conversation.

Do you expect majors after EVO to get more viewers than events before evo or not?

generally less i would think, except for capcom cup. especially this year with so many premieres and rankings, even the players were feeling burned out.

When we are talking about "smash", are we talking about 4 or Melee?

no sfv is terrible most people tuned into capcup for marvel info

What this guy said Im pretty sure Capcom Cup beat the Evo numbers actually.

Alright, I give. It's not like I called him a fraud to begin with. Maybe he won't struggle with FANG.

BUT I STRONGLY DOUBT IT

in sf4 did people bind throw? i managed to get kara throw on ken quite easily after i just rebound medium punch to throw

All you have to do is use twinge. Those numbers aren't entirely accurate yet will still point to SFV having more viewers than SF4.

I'm not the user who created that image, but twinge is a source and though the numbers will differ, it will still point to SFV > SF4.

This is what you originally said
>both attendees and stream viewers dwindled to lower counts after evo (aka when people realized how BORING SFV is)

The reason why numbers are irrelevant is because the numbers lowered after evo for SF4 as well. So your argument doesn't hold up regardless of numbers. You dumb bitch. FR, NCR, CEO, and Combo Breaker get the most viewers and they all happen before evo. It has nothing to do with a game being boring. It has everything to do with NA's biggest majors happening before evo.

The same shit will happen in 2017.

i wanna die

I don't know the difference but this is the fighting games general senpai, you might want to ask more knowledgeable people in the smash general

>people actually think SFV is going to have more viewers/attendees this year

KI Season 2 boys

I would have agreed but now there's a bunch of Smash players that don't want to deal with EVO anymore when they can just have their own Major that's better run and caters just to them etc.

evo got them 220k on twitch alone.
sfv was at a measly 170k, and that was only before li. joe lost

mood

People were watching on ESPN too

Both. When it's e-peen measuring, it's always both.

>years upon years of browbeating to get in
>and now when they're a staple, they leave
I get that they have their reasons, but in retrospect, it makes the years of griping seem meaningless outside of adding to the "legend" of Melee.

He's comparing it to Smash 4

Evo is the worst major I go to every single year why is it so popular again?

Dizzy is not a virgin

Sell me on melee.

Hard Mode: No muh execution/skill ceiling

Nightmare Mode: No muh history/drama

CEO>EVO

If SFV had Ingrid then it would be getting 400k viewers during EVO

Why the FUCK are the SFV servers down, holy shit.

no point in getting into at this point unless they unban the smashbox

Getting into EVO was important when the FGC as a whole was /significantly/ more founded and structured than Smash as a whole. Now the tide is turning after the laughing stock that is SFV and the increasing outside investment. Also Nintendo is starting to cozy up to Esports.

mvci is going to be filled with mxu chracters on the marvel side, you guy yelling for more inhumans an howard the duck should know normalfags have no idea who tose characters are.

In fact no one new who the fuck captain marvel was when he was revealed.