Tell me Veeky Forums, why did God forsake him?

Tell me Veeky Forums, why did God forsake him?

So we could be granted everlasting life

Because born out of wedlock.

Quoting Psalm 22

Also to defeat death

cos YOLO

>Tell me Veeky Forums, why did God forsake himself?
ftfy

Because he doesn't exist.

:^)

Never happened.

So who cares??

got anymore?

there was literally nothing stopping God from doing that before

in Islam god takes his soul before he was crucified and puts one of the jews' soul into his body

i thought he'd only promised it to the jews before, and christ's sacrifice allowed him to make a covenant with everyone not just the jews?

wasn't the point of jesus that god couldn't go back on his word to the jews but wanted to save everyone?

>what is sin

>what is forgiveness towards beings before they go through massive pain?

You are all worse than /pol/baitposters. Please leave and never return

>Why should the living complain when punished for their sins?

Since he's taking away the sin of the entire world, it's hardly an excessive punishment.

Humanities was a mistake

>he is taking away the sin that he could have prevented and not caused.
It is excessive because it has no rationale in it.

>punishing people for sins they commited has no rationale in it
okay

he didn't

But is god not all knowing and all powerful, outside of time? Would he not know that he has created something that would sin against him?
>I create you and define things I do not like, so that I can punish a man for things other men have done because I have defined so that I do not like them.
>Just so I can be merciful and loving towards you.
Sound like a cruel fuck to me.

it isn't just things that he doesn't like

one of god's things is that while he is benevolent, he is also infinitely just. a belief in god relies on the idea of an objective sense of justice that god knows entirely and enforces.

a lot of the bible is god showing his love for his creation in a way that doesn't conflict with an absolute sense of right and wrong

>infinitely just
Sure, killing every first born egyptian child dying is just, because the children's only crime was being born to the people that might have committed the crime against the god's people.

Yes, it is part of old testament, but it is absurd because if god does not answer for his own sins, how can we trust him to judge us for sins he defines upon us?

You take your theology halfway and then stop. Be consistent if you want to argue theology from a theological perspective. if these children were all innocent, they all died a painless death, were jusged innocent by God and then spend the remainder of eternity in literally unimaginable bliss.

I admit, I make the fault of bringing reason and ethics based on reason to discussions of concepts of beings and people that (and people who believe in those due to faith) are outside of rationale.

you aren't really bringing any of those to the discussion though. you ask okay questions, people respond in a way that answers those questions in a way that makes sense within their own faith, then you act smug because their response wouldn't make sense if they didn't believe in their faith.

if you've already decided that you don't believe then fine, but don't argue with people who do that are smarter than you and scoff when they show it

Psalm 22
Jesus was just a master psalmist laying down hot beats for the crowd

so that jews would convert

underrated

So the act of murder itself is not bad? Then why can Yahweh murder and not any of his flock?

did the Canaanite children the Israelites slaughtered by the sword die painless deaths?

He didn’t forsake him. He was never there.

On the cross, Jesus realized that the game was over. For three years he had been rollin’ with his squad. Taking advantage of the gullibility of the peasants and villagers. Tricking them with simple magic and tall tales. And they ate that shit up and asked for seconds. The even kissed his feet, declared him King and Godlike. He could do whatever he wanted. Shit, he couldn’t even remember the last time he had paid for a meal, or for a woman. Man, did he rule.

And now it was all over. The authorities finally got to him. If he hadn’t overplayed his hand he would just have been another criminal. Doing hard time for a few years. But the God-game made them take extreme measures. Crucifixion, who the hell thinks of that when you’r on the con?!

Hey, isn’t that that bitch Mary? Damn, she could suck the dust off a donkey….

You do realize that this is the EXACT SAME argument that Islamic suicide bombers use to justify the deaths of innocent bystanders?

>The extremists live curtesy of the moderates

Simple really, it's to trick people that get no signs from an unexisting god that there is a hope for its existence

why does G-d need blood magic rituals?

Yes, it would not make sense if they didn't believe in their faith, because faith is the surrender of the mind, it's the surrender of reason, it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other animals.

Why cry when angels deserve to die

Eternity of Hell for not believing is not just or benevolent, but petty and totalitarian.

>they all died a painless death
[citation need]
If God isn't above torturing King David's child, them why would he give a fuck about heathen Egyptians?

its called endocannabinoid receptors we've evolved alongside the positive use of cannabis for 1 million years our body is hard wired to perform off its symbiotic use its our point and purpose to be born specifically of this planet, one condusive for humans, and for cannabis

blood magic
oo0o0o so spooky

But god is supposed to be caring and loving?
And the same dude who we should use as a moral compass?

>forsake
My guess is simple. God did NOT.

How could be that if his place in heavens is granted with ("real" resurrection and all) Man, the Jesus dude had direct contact with God in a high level.. Jesus just suffer the pain of a normal human - "in the name of god" - but the promise of heaven for him was clear... if... jesus... obey... of course. But why suffering?
Maybe this is the God's cash to valuate things or we just take seriously something covered in blood.

>Tell me Veeky Forums, why did God forsake him?
Because, he ate Chop Suey in the last supper.

Suffering on the cross is included because its the human condition of weaklings, the bible speaks true only to weaklings so naturally they suffer the most. they need a suffering idol just like them. But the bible was definitely written by unbelievers like most religions, people of power that understood human affairs and have their own separate god to influence their own elitist behaviours and morals

that is a gross oversimplification of the concept of hell and of what happens to your soul when you die. there are many denominations of the christian faith that believe the soul stays in the body until judgement day, or that all but the worst sinners have been saved by christ, or that the soul dies with the body unless you give yourself to god, or even that there is simply no afterlife.

it is impossible to know which one is right, because although all of these views originate from scripture they are interpreted as such by man, who is fallible.

That other guy on the cross had it easy. All he had to do was be all like
>'ayy jesus i deserve this m8 cos i sinned all my life'
and then jesus let him join him in his kingdom, whereas if I fell envious or something as trivial as that I have to repent, get my sins cleansed and then never do it again.

the other guy on the cross just did a death bed repentance, you can do the same thing but without the being nailed to a cross and stabbed in the ribs in the desert

Or they could all be wrong, despite their passion of faith, and this is all but an ancient tradition of hierarchy. If God exists and is omniscient, he would have seen the folly of leaving his word in the hands of man.

God forsaked him because God forsaked his history and only acknowledged his birth and death. He was born and died. He came at the worst possible time in human history due to the breakout of war and the fall of the peace that many kingdoms in contact with alexander the great had. There is no year zero, there is only year -1 and 1. Before christ and after death. There is a 33 year moratorium between the two that censors history.

>But the bible was definitely written by unbelievers like most religions.

Maybe... maybe.... the holy texts was enlightened by God but The Bible® was definitely a Roman play to catch the fate of the plebs. The mechanism of the creed is imperative to rule stupid people..

I personally use the Bible to romanticise human psyche, as like mythological tales and all

Holy shit if this is real this is some next level retardation. AD: Anno Domini or "The Year of our Lord" it doesn't mean "after death" it means after Jesus' birth, supposedly dying around 30-33 BC under the reign of Tiberius. This was the Pax Romana, ~350 years after Alexander marched to India.

30-33 AD****

>not understanding the trinity

>understanding religion

So god has forsaken him for fucking nothing then... great.

>dying for me

Jokes on you Jesus. Faggot.

So it is a divine mystery that defies logic, or a comprehensible system for divine relationships.

Make up your minds you cultists.