This style was considered the GOAT aesthetically pleasing looking modded car in 2000

This style was considered the GOAT aesthetically pleasing looking modded car in 2000

Other urls found in this thread:

superstreetonline.com/features/news/9907scc-technobabble/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

things dun changed

Even in 2000 people would think the driver was a Mexican teenager with an IQ south of 90

where did it go so wrong

Not by anyone who actually cared about cars.

no

plenty wouldve laughed at this at the time even from the import scene

I mean this is a Supra from the same year the movie came out

Nice /tv/ meme

>essentially the same except not the exact kit/decals/wing from the film

>they're completely different but both still are supras
great point user, well spotted

you are the type of person to build an ebay shitbox then say its essentially the same as a properly built car lmao

you guys are fucking retarded
there is literally nothing wrong with what said

Incorrect. The show car has a widebody kit on it, instead of skirts. The hood is the only thing that is the same.

its nothing like the FnF Supra other than the hood and the fact that its a Supra

The 00s were tragic

Honestly except for the graphics on the sides, tasteless rice is coming back again sorta. It's fun

>gaudy body kit
>hideous rims
>obnoxious decals everywhere
>retarded wing
>pointless scoops/vents errywhere
>try hard, attention seeking color.

Those cars are cut from the same cloth anons.

The only magazine worth a shit from the late 90's and 2000's was Sport Compact Car.

And they went out of business and were absorbed by some other shitty magazine.

About that time was when i stopped giving a shit about car magazines.

A Supra like that is going to be the future "boomer" car ie an overpriced classic old people buy to recapture their youth

They actually put out informative articles like pic related and had tech builds for the purposes of performance.

They also had a monthly editorial article going into detail about some specific concept behind performance (volumetric efficiency, shock bound/rebound damping, corner weighting, turbocharger trim, etc.) that was always interesting to read.

car looks like it needs a wash and some new air cleaners

most kids on here will have no idea what you are talking about. technobable was one of the best sections of any magazine ive ever read. those guys were legit in their knowledge of the cars they worked on.

at one point I had a correspondence with one of the editors to try and get their content put online so it wasnt lost forever when they got gutted and tied in with Modified. but that fell through. Now the best you can hope for is trying to find back issues on ebay. they even cleared out all the existing SCC online content. a damn shame.

I would still import and tune her if you know what I mean.

a lot can still be found on the super street website if you know what youre looking for. if you dont, good luck.

see:
superstreetonline.com/features/news/9907scc-technobabble/

i quite like the style from the turn of the melenium, besides the chrome wheels, tribal paint jobs and leather interior jobs that were a strange colour it was pretty cool

it was way easier to personalise your car back them than it is now, i dont understand how slamming and putting so much camber to the point where it renders the car almost undrivable is any better than what was considered cool back then. mark my words 10 years from now we will looks at stance the same way we looked at F&F inspired cars now.

All cars back them werent the over the top ricemobiles that headlined F&F.

I thought this was the best looking car I had ever seen back then. And I still do today.

while that is true if you were to think of the car culture 15 years ago the stereotype would be neons chrome wheels and bright paintjobs

True, and that's unfortunate.

I remember back then those gaudy painted, neon colored cars were all a certain segment of the car culture as I knew it and they were looked down on buy what I considered 'normal' enthusiasts just like the stance fags are now.

It's a pity that car culture always seems to be remembered by the most obnoxious and retarded abominations and not what the culture mainly consisted of.

In another 15 years people are going to look back to now and only think of those stupid stanced cars. That just pisses me off.

yeah no appreication for the group of people that build cars that are unique and are designed to drive well,
i wonder in the future when electric cars become the norm if the sex spec shit becomes popular again as modding an electric engine might not be as easy as the traditional combustion engine

Can't even greentext properly

The strange thing is some of the abominations then don't look much worse than what car companies are shitting out now.