How did chariot warfare work?

how did chariot warfare work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-TCIamyYCo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJCmPKaYN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a mobile platform from which you can shoot arrows and throw javelins, one drives, the other killls.

>stand on chariot
>throw javelins/shoot bow
>enemy comes close, run away

or

>ride chariot to battle
>get off and fight on foot like a normal person
>shit gets too scary jump back on and run away

>so what do you do masturbanipal?
>...
>...
>I ride

They fired rockets and then went back to camp to reload.

underrated

This

Kek

Literally drive-by shootings. Get a single file line of chariots throwing spears at the enemy as they go past.

I feel like they'd just throw some back at you.

Nobody ever said it was a very good tactic

Here's what Caesar wrote on Britonnic chariot warfare:

Their mode of fighting with their chariots is this: firstly, they drive about in all directions and throw their weapons and generally break the ranks of the enemy with the very dread of their horses and the noise of their wheels; and when they have worked themselves in between the troops of horse, leap from their chariots and engage on foot. The charioteers in the meantime withdraw some little distance from the battle, and so place themselves with the chariots that, if their masters are overpowered by the number of the enemy, they may have a ready retreat to their own troops. Thus they display in battle the speed of horse, [together with] the firmness of infantry; and by daily practice and exercise attain to such expertness that they are accustomed, even on a declining and steep place, to check their horses at full speed, and manage and turn them in an instant and run along the pole, and stand on the yoke, and thence betake themselves with the greatest celerity to their chariots again.

plz explain, who is masturbanipal

>I feel like they'd just throw some back at you

Of course. But, as with all cavalry, the advantage lies in choosing who, where, and when to attack. Maybe you attack the guys who don't have missiles. Or as they are trying to move, or from the flank, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=B-TCIamyYCo

The ultimate numale old fucking retard

how would you use a car in ancient warfare?

The Persians liked to use them to create massive gaps and holes inside of infantry formations. They included things like scythes and blades on the chariot's wheels and body.

This worked great against most enemies... but the Macedonians figured out a way to counter them. They allowed the chariots in several ranks within their phalanxes. The horses collided with the long pikes.

This either catapulted the chariot behind them forward into more waiting pikes, or caused them to try and turn. The Macedonian phalangites would take down the driver, any soldiers on board, and the horses.

They called this the Mousetrap

With great difficulty, owing to the lack of fuel and paved roads.

Na, he would still say "I drive."

"Drive" literally is one of the ways old use of words stuck to modern usage. Drive means literally to "direct a bunch of animals/individuals to a certain direction." Like, say, a coachman, or a Chariot Driver.

Technically, you operate an automobile.
Ride on horseback
And drive a team of draft horses.

you can just strap it to a bunch if horses m8

Dude scythed chariot lmao

Is it blue and white and shoots pebbles?

How much horsepower do you think that baby has?

Looks like 2 to me.

Like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJCmPKaYN8

Ancient warfare
So it is probably black and the driver has an RPG launcher.

>hit someone on one side
>chariot spins out of control or that side breaks off
What stopped this from happening?

>this kills the chariot

Less than two considering the horses were more like ponies.