The Finnish origin of Odin

>In the Skjöldunga saga and the Ynglinga saga, Odin came from Asia and conquered Northern Europe. He gave Sweden to his son Yngvi and Denmark to his son Skjöldr. Since then the kings of Sweden were called Ynglings and those of Denmark Skjöldungs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skjöldr

>Snorri Sturluson hints at a less divine origin in Skáldskaparmál for this dynasty: One war-king was named Skelfir; and his house is called the House of Skilfings: his kindred is in the Eastern Land. In the 13th century, the official Swedish/Scandinavian term for the modern-day Southern Finland was "Eastern Land", Österland, i.e. the eastern half of Sweden at the time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngling

Odin was a Finnish man and Varangian king Rurik over a thousand years later was his descendant with a mutated Finnish haplogroup.

>According to the descendant testing listed at the Russian Nobility DNA Project at FTDNA, the branch of the Rurik dynasty descended from Vladimir II Monomakh (Monomakhoviches) belong to Y-DNA haplogroup N1c1-L550 (Y4343 subclade), and includes Alexander Nevsky (1220-1263) and Ivan the Terrible (1530-1584). Notwithstanding, the branch descended from Vladimir II Monomakh's presumed paternal cousin Oleg I of Chernigov (Olgoviches) belonged to R1a1a. The Y-DNA from the Proto-Rurikid branches is N1c1 and matches the distinctive haplotype of the Monomakhoviches. Furthermore, this N1c1 haplotype possess the distinctive value DYS390=23, found in Scandinavia but not in Uralic populations, confirming that this was indeed the original haplotype of the Varangian prince Rurik (c. 830-c. 879) who established the Kievan Rus'.

I'm the OP of the original thread and I didn't make this one btw.

This is as silly as claiming that Native Americans are the real ancestors of western Europe. Sweden found them in glorified mudhuts known as saunas before they got CHRISTED.

Nope, read the original thread.
Finnics aren't native to Northern Europe but are warlike conquerors from the Volga.
It's complete pseudoscience to claim otherwise.

Still at it Partajäbä?

I'm not him if you want to go talk to him go back to /int/ and I didn't make this duplicate thread.
Odin was probably a Finn and no one on Veeky Forums could give any reason why he might not have been.

this shit is retarded

You know what is really retarded? Veeky Forums thinks Finnics are some weak indigenous peoples who got pwned by Indo-Europeans because it conforms to their misguided beliefs. No one cares about archeology, linguistics etc because it doesn't support the bullshit.

Odin was probably an imaginary god who never existed

If Swedish kings who claimed descent from Odin were related to Rurik it would support the idea of Odin being a Proto-Finnish tribal leader who was responsible for the conquest of lake Mälaren region(Stockholm) in the final stage of the Bronze Age.
Certainly a thousand years is enough time for a story to become more mythological.

Caesar claimed to be descended from Venus. What ethnicity was she?

The point is, descent from Odin could be possibly verified just like descent from Rurik was verified through Ruririk Y-DNA project.

The truth does not fear investigation and the investigators should be geneticists and archeologists working together.
The axes, pottery and graves at Mälaren are a minor footnote in Nordic archeology but is that because they are or because Swedish archeologists hated the idea of foreigners coming to their land?

African dad, Finnish mother

Where does your hatred for Finns stem from, Cai-Göran?

It's Kaj not Cai, and it's a mostly Danish name.

Snorri Sturluson wrote about Odin being from Asia (Troy specifically) as a way so he could justify being able to write about Norse Gods in the Christian 13th century by saying that they weren't demons (as was commonly believed by converts) but rather just former kings greatly idolized. It's just a quick defense, laying down a sort of false context so that his work could be more socially acceptable. (It was in bad form to write about Pagan deities, especially ones that were believed to be actual demons at that point)

What are some other sources about Odin?

Poetic Edda
Volsungasaga

There's not a whole lot except for a few very prominent sources, since most of the stuff we don't know was either destroyed or just not written down.

Be careful doing your own research though, it's incredibly easy to stumble on whacky shit like the ones being posited in this thread. Germanic pagan gods like to be used a lot for retarded Racial Ideology nonsense.

Odin was clearly an emperor of the Great Finnish Caliphate. Ragnarok was a metaphor for the Hyper-war.

*Khanate, not caliphate

>thread about fingols
>posts an image of ancient slavs
every fuckin time