Can we just have a thread where just talk about cars in general?

Can we just have a thread where just talk about cars in general?
I have nothing better to.
I'll start: I like the Starion but I prefer the 300ZX

>Starion
Damn i think you have just showed me my new favorite car.

I have a Mercedes 300e and love the look of it. Sadly, its automatic.
Automatics tend to get boring after a while...

The 300ZX is a gutless, electrical gremlin riddled piece of shit, but they look and sound GREAT and I would drive the shit out of one.
The Starion, well, it also looks GREAT but I want to work on one and drive one before I pass judgement.

Is it sad that I also like the looks of the Ford EXP?
It's a piece of shit, I know, but, baby Fox body A E S T H E T I C

I dont like either one

80s cars are ugly as hell in general

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and manual becomes annoying after a while

mid 90s volvo 850 is the best car ever made

>80s cars are ugly as hell in general

I will kill you

I said in general

by the late 80s things were starting to look better

E34 is more 90s than 80s

Used to have a 274 FWKW 1996 850 R manual, in black.

e34 is 87 production development started in 81 Its as 80s as it gets same with the e30

Volvos are pretty hektic skids

>300ZX
>gutless

if I remember correctly the Z31's turbo can have its boost increased a couple psi with no risk.

no its a 90s car it gets associated with the decade

and no shit on the E30 since its from the early 80s

the E28 is the 80s 5 series

this thing looks fuckin weird

N-no, you look fuckin' w-weird~

DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT THE XT

no not really
90s is e36/e39/e38

you make 0 sense

the E34 was produced in the 90s longer than the E39 was

the E34 is a 90s car

Man they really shit the bed with the z32. The 31 is a much better car

lolno

Z31s are complete shit

Z cars in general went downhill progressively since they were 1st introduced the Z32 marked the climb back up even if it didnt go very high

Guys...
Serious questions
Pic relates is what my cylinders look like.
Engine needs a new head (cracked)
>option #1
Buy new head and install ($300) and ignore cylinders. Then drive it till it dies.
>option #2
Install new head and sell vehicle without telling buyer the condition of cylinders
>option #3
Sell it for cheap and let someone else fix it.
#option #4
Whole new engine for $2000
>things to factor
I just dumped a ton of money into a new windshield, window tint, rebuilt diff and the vehicle is overall in amazing shape for its age. Its been a great vehicle and im a bit attached.
What do?

great, great, engines out of the box. hold tremendous power. super reliable. road my old ass conquest to the ground. my father is still driving it.

where do you live, moron? just fucking take out engine and head to machine shop. torque back to factory settings, good to go

You dont seem to understand

i understand you're an idiot that can't wrench and probably depend on other people to get you out of sticky situations, you also think that you can find or achieve success by screwing other people over. tell me how does it feel like to be such a loser? does you father [presumably still around.] even look at you or respect you?

He's an idiot who actually thinks the Honda Ridgeline is good, ignore him.

Project much?

can't agree more. the only problem i had was with the vacuum lines -- but with age they are going to rot and fail. once i changed all of them 0 issues. car is pretty fast too. do you recommended any good parts for upgrades? i want 400 on stock internals which i know it will. handle piece of cake.

But the E34 was designed in the 80s, so it's an 80s car.

and the Countach is a 70s car

people still go hurr 80s over it

I would start off by putting a thicker clutch. exedy makes a cheap and beefy one. common issues are throwing out intake manifold seals if you boost the turbos too high. i would just take a schematic of the head and intake to a machine shop -- have them cut you a tc45 grade aluminum custom intake and gap seals for the head. turbos there are a ton of things you can do... stock turbos hold boost pretty well but i would just go with an after market turbo and ecu/tune. depending on your engines miles and age, regardless the stock internals are stupid strong. stronger than any rb or jz for sure.

Not an argument, but ill bite. the Countach was designed with what became 80s design language. People go hurr 80s over it because it's styling is what became the 80s.

>Not an argument

its like you want to look like a colossal bitch

your own logic works against you since the E34 is considered a classic of the 90s

it set a benchmark for the 90s in design safety tech and just about everything

no fucking body considers it an 80s car

it's fucked mate. that scoring on the cylinders ain't gonna hone out.
pull the engine and send it to a machine shop OR get a junkyard engine and rebuild that.
junkyard engine is probably cheaper tho

Funny thing is. It showed 160psi on all cylinders

Except fucking everybody considers it an 80s car, especially since it looks like it's from the 80s

E34: '80s car
Countach: '70s car
Golf 1/Rabbit: '70s car. Even though it looks like it should be from the '80s.

I blame the Italians, man.

My goal in life is the get a Meyers Manx, AMC Eagle, IH Scout, and pic related, Hudson Hornet.
>tfw no 5L I6

nope

stay mad and wrong you fucking retard

more

I like wacky shit like dodge raiders and rampages

Sunk costs shouldn't be factors.

those had a 5 litre straight 6?
Really?

Looking at getting one of those supras. A guy did a full rebuild of the 7m with arp studs and the works. Did it to handle more boost, but never turned it up in the 30k that he's driven it since the build.

Its got the aesthetic that I like, but I've never owned anything like it before.

I had one they're solid cars.
Head gaskets are an issue though, but an easy fix

305cu I6, which is about 5L