/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General: Christmas edition

Previous thread: →

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card coming Christmas:youtu.be/Pke0kalpoBU
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.guide/
3ds.guide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pre-release versions of DS ROM loader came a week ago
>it's dogshit
>"b-but this is just a beta, the final is coming on the Christmas, it'll be g-good you'll s-see!"
>Christmas release comes
>it's still dogshit

Time to spend that $8 on a DSTT, faggots

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>fix the "kernal" typo from last threads
>fuck up the link to this thread

well shit

I still have my DS Lite from 2010, would an R4i suffice?

of course

vita > 3ds

dead scene tho

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

i cant find the 3ds version of corpse party on the freeshop, any tips???

got a good question for y'all.

If I want to move all of an SD card's contents to a larger card, is there any special actions I must take to ensure i keep A9LH?

Vita USB transfer very very soon.

you'll need something called ropehax

buy the game and dump the titlekey

nah just copypaste

literally who cares
until my Vita TV can play games off a USB stick idgaf

>buying games

How are those 3.61+ games treating you?

>very very soon.
>february

Are you sure? I would hate to have all my efforts lost thanks to misinformation.

I'm certain.

He's right. It's just copy/paste. Even if he's wrong though, you'd still have your old SD card anyway.

what happened to the vita games sheet?

DSiWare-less 11.1 hax when?
I want to play Super Mario Maker

Many thanks.

What's the difference between taihenkaku and henkaku?

taihenkaku is a port of henkaku to taihen
and taihen is a plugin-driven CFW

I played it. It's shit.

You're not missing anything.

Has anyone been able to dump this game correctly?

Still got bad dumps

>Shantae EUR uploaded to Titlekeys
Merry Christmas, fellow pirate fucks.

where do I download the 3.60 update files for Vita/PSTV? Wololo links for them are down...I think?

The issue is that 11.0+ made it so it can't be downgraded under most circumstances. The reason why DSiware works is because it's allowed to write anywhere on the 3DS, so you get to bypass all that shit and send it through that way. You can still install some games with HB launcher if you have a entrypoint, I think.

33c3 might reveal something but I wouldn't expect much.

And you're not missing much, SMM is shit.

Use the DNS. Google "Henkaku DNS"

Yeah I installed all the possible Legit CIAs but I still hope for some kind of exploit.
And if there isn't any after 33c3 then I'm saving some money and buying Used New 3DS XL on older firmware and that's it.
Thank someone that I bought o3DS XL for 30$.

Vita keeps giving me error C0-14258-0 when trying to connect to qcma and backup. What gives?

I've already tried restarting and disabling usb power supply.

ps4 jailbreak when?

wait there's no dream drop distance on ciangel ?

Anyone got a link for the DS from SD?
I would like to test it.

gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/

It has never been on the eShop in the first place.

You da real MVP. Thanks, bro. I don't even have a Wii U, but I appreciate the thought.

Well shit.

I tried to just copy/paste files from my old SD card to my new card. 3DS would not recognize the card.
Am i missing something, like some sort of modification?
Card size is 64GB, if that helps.

Or just wait and continue playing the hundreds of other games my n3ds is capable of playing for free. Besides the DS has no good games so nothing will be missed if the loader never works.

i have the game where can I dump the title key

>w-we didn't want it anyway
SDcucks on suicide watch

so i got a ps4 slim for xmas, and its on 3.55, any reason not to update?

If you have a9lh installed, use Decrypt9.

>Put fresh SD card into 3DS so it does some magic shit
>Put SD card back in the PC and format
>THEN copy files back
3DS is fussy as shit.

I just gave up and got an emulator on my phone honestly.

How long does the process take and how do I upload it to anons for Christmas

no wonder you think DS games are shit if you're playing them without actual controls

This is my first post in this thread user.

I just dumped my 3ds' old 4 gb SD card onto my PC. Inserted new 64 gb SD into PC and formatted. Transferred old SD contents to new SD. Reinserted into 3ds and turned it on. Simple.

Every time I try to DL a game off Freesop, I get the "wrong key" error. What did I fuck up and how do I fix it?

I hear very simple shovelware games work the best.

I believe you need to use encrypted title keys.

No clue, never tried it myself.

I just know that you boot the decrypt9 payload using a9lh the option is there. You'll get some decrypted/encrypted titlekeys, you can share them to 3ds.titlekeys.com, they'll eventually get verified and put on there for other people to use. I'm fuzzy on details.

How should I format the 64gb card?

Just playing it safe.

Just wondering, is there a possible way to wear Guzma's clothes and/or accessories on Sun and Moon? Something like we did for XY in PKHeX?

Well I have the physical version of it.

I accidentally clicked dump cart so I'll see where that leads me

Maybe you used a bad keys file or something.
Just go to 3ds.titlekeys.com and scan the QR code on there with freeshop in its settings, that will probably work.

>Your SD card should be MBR, not GPT (the SD card that comes with the device will be MBR by default).

for reference:
3ds.guide/
it's on the front page near the bottom

Oh.
Then you don't have a titlekey, you would have to buy the game on the eshop to share its titlekey for people to download it using freeshop.

3ds.guide/ links you to the correct tool for formatting a 64gb card for use on a 3DS.

You'll just end up with a .3ds probably.

Can I just share the .cia with people? I just have the game with the figurines and everything as a gift from a friend who thinks I like anime.

Not sure but you can wear team skulls clothes in Po Town after beating the game

I mean yeah, you can do that, it just doesn't add to the freeshop catalogue.

>team skulls clothes in Po Town
You can only get the shirt and it's from the grunts, tho.
Customization in SM is really shitty, apart from removing the hat.

cia would be greatly appreciated user
Which is unfortunate but unless some that does have the e shop version dumps it what else can be done?

Since the Switch is gonna cause people to drop the 3DS hard, does that means all interest is gonna dry up and we'll never get easy fixes for the 11.x versions?

Reminder that loading Poor Little White Guy video fron the sd card is a mandatory wait for.

You know what's being held on December 27th right?

>cia would be greatly appreciated user
There's a cia on 3dsiso...

That'll be fixed in January. Nintendo might release 12.0 in February but ultimately their focus will... Switch by March.

sensiblechuckle.gif

I never got around to looking for a site that hosts cia. I found one when I first installed a9lh on my 3ds and it wanted me to click through ads to get to the link. Ultimately just quite because freeshop provided everything else i needed. Honestly, though I'm just typing until the cooldown timer gets to zero.

Alright where do I upload the dumped game now? I'll probably change it from .3ds to .cia but I'm not sure where it's even located

If you dumped a .3ds rom it is not a .cia package, simply changing the file extension won't work.

Same fag here.
Do you install the .nds file through FBI or do I have to convert it?

>3dsiso
epic

>2016
>not using an adblocker
>not using an anti-adblock killer and ads bypasser

Have ad blocker, never got around to installing ad bypasser. I know it only takes a min but I'm literally that lazy, plus I don't ever really download stuff that needs a bypasser.

>3dsiso

you wanna trigger the autists here or what?

What's the problem? Before freeshop it was the best source for cia files.

mentioning it trigger a few retards around here that think we're promoting the website

not him but that's actually pretty funny. Good to know.

pft, it doesn't even need promotion, just like 3dschaos, due to the fact that iso is blocked in some countries and people are too stupid to be able to bypass that.

I know that but according to the past ebin there's a guide to change it.

Decrypt9 can also just dump stuff directly to .cia which most people want anyway.
Fuck .3ds files who needs em, Sky3DS users?

Yeah,I'm an idiot. Thanks guys. I did have the wrong encryption ones.

I haven't used my Vita in a while. I tried to read the OP but there's nothing concrete

Is there anything better than Henkaku? at least something that doesn't fuck my shit up when I put it in sleep mode while playing a game. The version I have has a nasty bug where I can't save after leaving the vita in sleep mode for too long.

I got fire emblem fates : birthright from the freeshop (usa version) and I downloaded the dlc but the dlc doesn't show up in the delete dlc menu. Is it still installed and just a bug because of free shop?

How do you install ROMs on to TWLoader?

lunch game and check

Trying to downgrade a new 3ds with a system transfer, and i am supposed to inject the sudokuhax save into a game. I want to use 4 Swords, but i cant find the title id on the guide. Is it not compatible with a system transfer?

>This is my first post
Stopped reading there.
Lurk more faggot.

all games should be saved to "sdmc:/nds/"

ALWAYS YOU STUPID FUCKS NOT KNOWING WHAT A9LH REALLY IS

IT INSTALLS ITSELF IN THE NAND NOT THE SD YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

Does the Old 3DS have some sort of download limit? I'm asking this because my max download on freeshop, ciangel and FBI is always ~550Kbps, but I know my internet's max is ~1.5Mbps.

Oops I meant all games should be saved to "sdmc:/_nds/"

Old 3DS does just have shitty wifi bandwidth. It's better on New 3Ds though.

>11.1.0-34E
So my only options are to solder my 3DS? Why have you fuckers gone around telling everyone that it's "so easy" to do then?

You're confusing KB with Kb right now.

The 3ds wifi is just shit. My max is 13mb/s and I get around 1mb/s in free store