German aesthetics

>German aesthetics

Why are the majority of European cars ugly designed ?

is it done on purpse? there is a limited 5% of cars produced in europe that look good

the rest are probably brain dead designed to look ugly

I recently saw a new VW touareg and it looks fucking classy as shit, way better than jap and american crossovers

>american market is soccer mom suv and cucktruck

mmmmh

The SLK really is ugly. Luckily there's the Crossfire.

honestly Amerilards know jack shit about Automobiles which is the reason why this board is so shitty, just a hordes of americucks forcing crap nipboxes and fat landbarges

As if American POS gay cars are the best looking ones on the planet. The only style I like very much is the Viper. Other's are just big fat pig styled.

That's a great opinion to hold I guess, but I don't know what it has to do with my post because it's not a nipbox and not a landbarge and I'm not American.

Post a yuropean car that you think looks good. There's a slight chance that your taste is actually fucking shit.

Chrysler dont know how to build cars and using an old CLK for the crossfire did not help it either. its shit

>Amerilards know jack shit about Automobiles which is the reason why this board is so shitty

Most people on Veeky Forums regardless of their country seem to not really know shit about cars although because it is mostly inhabited by americans it will of course usually be them.

>muh boomers like old cars which are objectively shit compared to new ones
>muh old NSX is best because muh feels and senna
>muh aircooled porsche
>muh lifted trucks are for cucks and donks are for niggers but stance fo lyfe bruh

Just examples of hypocritical one-way gobble'dee poop-fuck.

>gobble'dee poop-fuck
You have no idea how hard I choked on my breath when I saw this. Fuckin' top LEVEL wordsmithing there, brother. The hyphen illustrates in my mind a conflict of whether you're 40, or if you just feel 40. Which one is it?

Yuromobiles used to look great but the current trends of bloating everything have not been good on them.

Looks like an Izuzu Piazza

The crossfire was literally only made to prove a point to the board post merger that things could actually get done.

I just didn't want to throw the usual obvious examples of Citroën DS and SM, Merc Großer, E type Jag etc.
But you'll probably call them all shit anyway.

I see your point.However there actually are reasons behind those design choices.
First and foremost aerodynamics and passenger/pedestrian safety. That's literally the reason why there never will be another car like the first gen Twingo.
The rest of the relative freedom in design is then ruined by the manufacturer's urge to make the cars recognizeable, especially when you advance into premium territory. It's a status symbol after all and those design choices are made on purpose to stick out.

Now that wouldn't be that bad if the cars looked different from each other. But unless styling on a model isn't a priority it's not gonna look much different from the rest of the bunch, and even that is intended.
Nobody who drops a heap of money on a (premium) car wants to carry the stigma of not being able to afford a more expensive model.
Just take Audi's single frame grill as an example: It's perfectly recognizeable from the distance. But all models look alike pretty much, and even if you can't see the grill you can make out some autistic design feat that will turn your head like those animated LED turning lights.

Adding to that most German cars' design used to be functional. They didn't start to look shit until marketing departments decided they needed to in order to pander to the demands of expanding markets such as China.

TLDR:
Cars look shit because of pussy regulations, brand marketing autism and everyone's desire to suck Chinese dick to maintain their profit boner.

My nigger.

>Buying one in January
>Can't wait for the gate from "enthusiasts"
>"Clarkson said it's a shit"

>>Buying one in January
Why? It's an ancient Merc with poorly set up suspension and styling by a blind man trying to draw a potato.

Interior look so shit that it would most likely melt my eyes out

Still better than a civic.

even SLK is better than new corvette.
front is rather okay but rear is JUST.
looks like a 9 year old designed it

>looks like a 9 year old designed it

it's designed for america's adult babies (boomers) so what did you expect?

Boomers hated the no round tail-lights though..

Why's it shit?

You forgot about the build "quality".

Most things are, apart from domestics.