/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB40)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23655

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.gamepedia.com/Evie_voice_lines
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/22/Evie_VGS_Emote_G_Alt1.ogg
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/8/85/Evie_SP_Death_1_e.ogg
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/27/Skye_TR_Taunt_Directed_Cassie_2.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ded

bst boy is here

santa scientist pip

Guys I just started playing competitive and the 3 matches I've done were all

Give it another two matches. I had three stomps like that, then my next one was us getting stomped.

wow why is this thread suddenly so active

I didn't get to play today yet, how do the free chests work?

It's almost like some sort of holiday.

I want Evie to freeze my testicles and shatter them to pieces while Christmas music plays behind us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, if that's what you're in to...

>posting the same shit every thread

I'll never understand why people do this. Sure it was funny the first time, but when has a joke ever been funny when repeated over and over

>he's too low-context to understand the appeal of forced memes

Heh... Welcome to Veeky Forums, kid...

Nigga, this thread is gonna have a hundred posts before it dies. That's 98 more posts we can allocate to actually talking about Paladins as a game.

ahhh, thats my second most favourite palg meme

Being repeated way past the time its funny is funny in itself.

I'm new to this game and I feel like Ruckus is OP when I play him.

or maybe the noobs cant deal with him yet

It wasn't funny before, but now it's hilarious.

What level are you?

dont know i played 8 casual matches but i have lots of FPS experience

You're probably still playing against bots.

wtf are you fucking serious

you play vs bots till lv 5

Look at the enemy player names.

I just checked and it seems like I turned level 5 1 or 2 games ago.

now I know why my queue times are not instant anymore

seriously didnt even notice I was playing with bots

I didn't notice until it ended. It was day 1, so I assumed there were a lot of very new players who just really sucked.

They really need to make it more of a formal tutorial. They could easily use it to explain what the items do and things like that while you play a few bot matches.

Yep. You're going to be mostly playing against new players for some levels. Probably half of which will be worse than bots and sometimes a veteran's smurf.
But to answer your original question of Ruckus being OP or not, he's OP when paired with another frontliner in low level gameplay, with pressure exertion with his DPS, proper shield cycling for survivability and your opponents having no bloody idea which items to buy. In high level gameplay he's still broken if you decide to use the bugged Proximity 4 card. Basically the damage reduction never wears off if you don't die and you can get a passive 70-80% damage reduction going on at all times. But if you forego it, he's still decent with proper teamwork and team comp.

>Proximity 4
Wait, really? That would explain why he can be so hard to kill.

Yeah, you can test it in the shooting range yourself. Hop around the Fern, Ying, Skye about 10 times, then get shot by the Cassie. The bug's really hilarious if you know all the details to it, showing you just how poorly implemented it is.

Similarly, Pip used to be unstoppable with Gift Giver 4 for a while as well, having a 7200 self heal over 5s on an 8s cooldown. Though, that one got fixed. The Grohk bug everyone's already aware about which was the only thing that made him viable for a patch or two in the first place. Drogoz' propel, too, in that the vertical velocity from Propel carried over into flight, but you have Wyrm Jets, so eh.

The one other card I know about through testing being far stronger than it should be is Nimble Fingers on Skye. It actually gives you 3x its effect, maximizing your reload speed at just lv3, making lv4 useless.

I've spend all crystals I could for discounted colossal chests and I got the whole Triggerman + Kingpin's shotgun.
I don't even play Buck

Shame they don't do like TF2 and let us trade items. Then the high prices and chests wouldn't be so bad. I guess that would need us to use some other account system.

Yeah, that's fucking lame.

>Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
Kinnessa breaking the fourth wall?

sup palg merry chirstmas

thought I would do another one of these since I have some free-time and season 1 is quickly approaching. Bear in mind this is only including the top 10 players in each class respectively, and that players with 100% win-rates have been omitted ( as well as players with abnormal play rates)

FrontLiners-

Winrate-
Fernando- 79.15%
Barik- 78.42%
Ruckus - 75.41%
Makoa- 69.16%

Discrepancy between best and worst frontliner : 9.99%

Playrate-
Barik- 28.96%
Fernando- 25.53%
Makoa- 22.84%
Ruckus- 22.68%

Discrepancy between most played and least played frontliner : 6.28%

Supports-

Winrate-
Grover- 84.67%
Ying- 80.13%
Pip- 78.24%
Maldamba-78.10%
Grohk-75.60%

Discrepancy between best and worst support: 9.07%

Playrate-
Pip- 30.22%
Ying- 25.99%
Grohk- 18.98%
Grover- 12.63%
Maldamba- 12.91%

Discrepancy between most played and least played support: 17.31%

Damage-

Winrate-
Cassie- 84.10%
Tyra- 79.58%
Kinessa- 79.54%
Vicktor- 78.69%
BK- 75.93%
Drogos- 71.91%
ShaLin- 64.16%

Discrepancy between best and worst damage: 19.94%

Playrate-
Drogos- 21.24%
BK- 18.63%
Cassie- 16.84%
Vicktor- 16.54%
Kinessa- 11.62%
Sha Lin- 8.76%
Tyra- 6.37%

Discrepancy between most played and least played dmg: 14.87% (12.48% if you omit Tyra)

Flanks-

Winrate-
Andro- 83.62%
Buck- 81.89%
Skye- 78.83%
Evie- 75.79%

Discrepancy between best and worst flank: 7.83%

Playrate_ *4 players omited due to higher than avg play rates(3 evie and 1 andro)
Andro- 32.87 %
Evie- 28.37% (is ~43% with ommited players included)
Skye- 19.95%
Buck- 18.81%

Discrepancy between most played and least played Flank: 14.06%(28.35% w/o omits)

tldr: people still sleepin on grover and you should prioritize damage classes early in draft to increase your chances of winning

ah shit i made a mistake

so I omitted a ruckus player with a lot of playtime but I didn't omit him from the w/r calc and he is dragging it down a little (about ~2.5%)

Either I'm dumb, or it doesn't work anymore senpai
I still took 650 damage
Hopped once around the cassie took around 590~ damage which was my proximity 1 kicking in

>play casual
>enemy team is three damages, an Evie, and a Ruckus
>Enemy Cassie trying to be a flank
>Bomb King doesn't ever kill anyone
>Evie's a sniper
>Ruckus loses his shit in the post game chat

Folks... is this what hell looks like?

Would you look at that, it got fixed.
And not even mentioned in any patch or hotfix notes, so that's a stealth-fix. Well, the Skye card is still bugged nonetheless.
Makes me wonder what else they're not reporting on.

>nothing useful ever
what did they mean by this?

it means that youre doomed to die alone obviously

>get 3 free chest from watching the stream
>get two emotes

Thanks Hi-rez

>buy founder's pack
>get 10 chests
>get 2 emotes and 8 poses
>could've gotten 2 more poses with booster (fuck that tho)
w-what the fuck is happening, am I just really lucky?

BUY THE FUCKIN RECOLORS YOU PIECE OF SHIT

>poses
>that one thing you can STILL select and show off without buying it after like 3 patches

Yeah I'm kinda nervous when a new patch hits and I'm gonna lose my sweet Ying pose, I got like 11 now and of course not hers
Also I think Tyra's pose is not on the radiant chest's droplist

>supposedly high level game
>one team forgoes a support

nothing tilts me harder tbqh familia

yes it might work sometime but only when you greatly out skill the enemy and would win anyway

why would you ever willingly gimp yourself if you actually want to win

these people don't even think they are gimping themselves

they unironically think taking 1 tank is enough and go all in on dmg and flank

my brain can not even comprehend

have you actually thought about it?
1 isnt a healer
1 got his healing "fixed" but not rebalanced back into normal proportions
1 has been nerfed for no reason
1 is squishy as fuck

oh and also there is this one item that lets you completely shut down healers... no big deal though right?

its one of them here now

let me explain to you my logic

1 healer > 0 healer

checkmate palanoob

To be honest, if my team is rolling four damage/flankers, I tell them explicitly that if they aren't murdering the enemy team the second they leave spawn, I'm blaming them for every loss.

how do i aim better as evie

Practice? It's a projectile, so you really just need to get used to the speed and splash of it.

It's one for each first win. That's pretty good.

D E D AWAITS YOU

>favourite dude is Grover
>get his Christmas item from the second chest I bought with free crystals

nice desu

I don't have any friends and I want that damn mad scientist outfit for pip. Where can I get a lot of referred friends easy?

>Where do I find friends?

listen.
I just want the damn pip shit. no bully.

dont we all want friends though

in all seriousness, you could just create a bunch of alts and level them to 15 without having to interact with anyone

it will be easier on double xp weekends

im not 100% sure it works, i didnt try it

it works, i've done it
but you also need at least one friend to play with for the body skin

Did they nerf wormhole?
Whyyyy

man what do sprays do?

you can spay a small graphic on the map

As a support main I can totally understand your rage, but reality is harsh: a team composed of dps/flankers equipping cauterize definitely wipes away a team composed of different roles (healer included ofc). This is simply what the game is like now. Period. Hopefully they l'll fix healers in the future, either by enhancing their healing or by enhancing their dps. For now I suggest to learn dps and flankers because they're the only classes that matter now.

paladins.gamepedia.com/Evie_voice_lines

Took them long enough

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/22/Evie_VGS_Emote_G_Alt1.ogg

Luckily they need to actually get kills to get caut and that won't happen because if the teams are equally skilled, your healer makes the difference in early game fights. There is literally no reason to forget healer. I would rather have a gold border pip then another diamond dmg/flank if we had no healer

Cauterize can be picked as first item and Pip can hardly be considered as a supporter. I usually instalock Pip so that none of my teammates can pick this useless character and ruin the game.

>pip is useless
it's okay that you have fun playing in 1500 casual but let the adults talk, please

Pip is just decent in the right hands. I'd rather have a Sha Lin in the wrong hands than a Pip.

refer to above post

how my man

Caut effect isnt really worth it until you get lvl 2, and with amount of retards I see buy Haven first, it's safe to bet it would take at least 2 rounds to get one online. Also many noobs forget about rejuvenate which can help deal with the caut effect

Also pip is op

Highest single target HP's in game? Game changing ulti that directly challenges the double tank meta? Most played healer by far? Can still do dmg even if your enemy is running max caut?

T

Does anyone know how to fix the easy anti cheat "connection interrupted" disconnect at the start of every match? I haven't been playing for a week now because of it

thank you

>Caut effect isnt really worth it until you get lvl 2, and with amount of retards I see buy Haven first, it's safe to bet it would take at least 2 rounds to get one online.
But user, this doesn't imply that Cauterize is bad, it simply implies that most people don't know the right time to pick the right item.

>Also pip is op
Only in the hands of very good players, otherwise it's useless. Most people take Pip because they're furry fags even though they don't know Pip's basic tactics.

>Highest single target HP's in game?
So what? If your aim is shit and you ignore which people to attack it's srill useless.
> Game changing ulti that directly challenges the double tank meta?
The same could be said also for Grover's ult and other ults as well.
>Most played healer by far?
So what? Most people play it just because they think it's an easy character and it doesn't force them to stick to the standard support gameplay.
> Can still do dmg even if your enemy is running max caut?
All supporters have decent damage.

>lol u have to aim his 20ft wide aoe

o dear

>grover ulti is as good vs double tank

?? chiken ulti, if landed on a max hp makoa and fernando translates to ~10k in hp dmg (assuming you finish off both chikens) AND they are polymorphed the whole time. It is like 10kdmg + silence. Grover ulti, while good for swinging team fights, is much more situational, and also gets countered by cards (when pip's ulti does not anymore)

>mostplayed

Let me correct myself, he is most played in the highest level, the level where people actually try to win

>other supports have decent dmg

outside of maldamba, no they really don't
I have never seen ying break 100k dmg, grohk dps is ok but the totem and ulti are so bad it doesn't matter, if grover is doing good dmg then the enemy is retarded (literally just face check him and he is doing lowest dmg in game)

No one here gets this bug?

Make sure that you are running the game in admin mode and that nothing (be it your antivirus, firewall, or whatever other security measure) isn't set at an offuscating level/add an exception for paladins to do its thing. Also if you are using a shitty antivirus like norton or avast, look for something better

I get disconnected constantly too and all of my weapons keep returning to the default. The newest patch just broke the game for some reason.

you should have stopped when I advised you to let the adults talk

>Ying isn't even shooting enemies
>Fernando buys Aggression and Chrono
>Skye attacks from the front
>Tyra not throwing molotav on point
>I'm shit
I think these might be my last games. How is it possible to get no one who knows how to play every match and not repeating teammates either. Every match is a new and unique set of shitters. I think I rather go back to being shit at fighting games and raging to the point of nosebleed.

Is haven/blast defense absolutely required for tanks? I often find myself wanting to spend the credits to buy other utility itens, how much of a difference do they really make?

So, this game is actually dead...

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/8/85/Evie_SP_Death_1_e.ogg

Also fucking furries ruining Pip

Do you think Evie was traumatized after she saw her friends and family grow old and die, leaving her all alone? Keep in mind that Evie is actually still a child mentally, and was probably 11~14 years old when she bind the Ice wraith to herself.

Do you think she never matured mentally-wise because she equated death with maturity? She acts like she is 8, not like she is thousands of years old.
Give me the lore, Hi-rez.

NEW META

>hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/27/Skye_TR_Taunt_Directed_Cassie_2.ogg

What did Skye mean by this? Was Cassie trying to tell her something?
Is Cassie the lesbian?

Well, she is a spy so of course she'd get laid with everyone (except for the male cast in the game)

>Cassie raped by the droid
yes please

Skye is the lesbian.

>Play Androxus
>See russian enemy Androxus
>Play the game normally and kill him once
>Faggot focuses me the whole game long only going after me wherever I go

>Play another game
>Again with Androxus
>Another russian faggot this time Makoa
>Kill him once
>Asshole focuses me the whole game long

What's wrong with those russian cunts?
Are they so insecure little bitches that they can't handle getting shot down even once?

Beach party bikini skins when?

>3/1 for us
>We are Flanknando, Tyra, Jihadist Mistress, Bomb and Evie.
>Be Evie
>Team is allergic to the point
>Lose because I was the only one going on the point, so the enemy team hunts me down

I want to die, How can 4 people be so retarded?

Wow, good thing I got the booster then.