/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Hints about for more Persona projects in the near future: personacentral.com/first-details-project-re-fantasy-atlus-new-fantasy-rpg/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/AEA930ea
>P5: The Aesthetics Artbook
mega.nz/#!BBR2BYoQ!zRI40J_hA7QzqnuUX_zcHbd7Uf36Me5sngLBFzwPEQY

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!LQpy1LYA!fsqe0aBcuPqHzIzOl83ogQ
twitter.com/hoshi_twls/status/812680233555922944?s=09
imgur.com/a/YADUi
pastebin.com/AEA930ea
github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anal with Makoto!

C U T
U
T

Looks neat and clean, good job

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

All of those but one are in the game though

I forgot the other missing one was on another page

>Every P5 girl is qt in their own way.
WHy is Atlus so bad at male characters.

Anyone translate some of this yet?

I really like the design of the Holy Grail and Yaldabaoth

>mc
>Yusuke
>Goro
>Iwai
>not qt

>Putting effort into the dudes when your main audience prefers girls

I always see people shitting on the localizations of the Persona games
>Played them all in Japanese already. Play Persona 3 in English this week to see what's so bad.

Mixing of English and Japanese honorifics and changing times when characters refer to another by their last name to their first name aside, it was absolutely fine. It's been awhile since I've played it in Nip, but I didn't notice anything too horrible except what I mentioned. I'm guessing all the shit talk must be people who have no idea what they're talking about as usual. I have to say though, hearing Japanese honorifics in the English version did sound really weird and awkward though. Wonder if the majority of fans actually like them or not.

Oh yeah, I also noticed

>Yuka-chi -> Yuka-tan

That was kinda bad. At least it was handled well in Persona 4 with Rise-chi to Risette.

Literally what?Nanjo is best boy. P2 had the best boys in all of Persona. Akihiko and Shinji a best. Kanji is great. Goro, Potter, and Scoliosuke is great too.

Second best final Persona

>when your main audience prefers girls
We fujoshit now homie, and have been since P4.
Maybe even P3.

ok I will forward your comments to Atlus USA

>That female symbol
Huh?

Thanks man, I was hoping you would.

>All those tabs
Here's some (you).

?

Kanji is not great. Protags are not great.

For male players it may be so, but they appeal to girls, so whatever. Except for Ryuji and Junpei, even Kanji got bara fujos crazy for him.

baka

>P4

Since P1anon. Fujos went nuts with pairing Nanjo with every boy in the old days.

>Scoliosuke is great
Opinion discarded

Are there male fujos?

>not liking the fox autist

It's the mercury symbol.

Kill me now now

no, because the term is fudanshi

Those are fudanshi.

Fudanshi.

Thighs are not twigs, 0/10. Also shitty AKG headphones.

what if they identify as a girl

Nanjo can't help it if he's an awesome guy.

then they're mentally ill and need to accept the truth

I'm retarded and read that as a combination of skull and Yosuke. Never mind.

A lot of Teddie's jokes were changed completely due to being about him being one of the lone white people in Inaba, and Chie's social link is changed to be very pro-tomboy, but the Japanese version had a a lot of dialogue where you told Chie she was feminine despite her tomboy behavior. Naoto's dungeon is also shitty with the rewrites, and removes almost any reference to gender roles in Japan because of western sensibilities. There are also a bunch of unfitting added moments of "flavor" like Kou's "I LOVE BALLLS" shit, which is not only plain unfunny and cringe inducing - but it's also pretty out of character and there's no equivalent joke there in Japanese. Golden upped this a bit with shit like "f-steak" being in the game. In P3, Yukari's voice direction and the general tone of her dialogue is also pretty badly translated in my opinion since it doesn't preserve the same feeling of friendliness that the original had - instead she sounds genuinely pissed off at Junpei and like she hates every moment she spends around him, which isn't like her at all. You can see this in the way most western fans think Yukari hates Junpei. They also changed the beach scene in P3 so that instead of running into a very sexual lady, they run into someone who's heavily implied to be a crossdresser. I have no clue why they did this, since if anything the latter is more offensive to the western crowd.

Haru's final design really looks similar to her, even the big forehead.

Out of every persona game who would be the best shot?

Japan doesnt pander to mental illness

Not yet anyway, it's like a disease slowly spreading

Are you talking about yourself?

Elly or Nanjo

Thanks to user for the beautiful artbook

No I identify as Makoto's underwear

Katsuya

I LOVE Elly.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elly.

I've only played Persona 3 in English, so I can't comment on the English version of 4 much. Plus I don't remember much about a lot of the scenes. I don't remember any reference to gender roles in Japan in Naoto's dungeon though, just that she wanted to be taken seriously so she dressed like a man. Yukari's tone was a bit bitchy in the English version at times I'll agree. I kept thinking "She sounded much friendlier in the Japanese version."

>They also changed the beach scene in P3 so that instead of running into a very sexual lady

No they didn't. It was a crossdresser in the Japanese version too, Akihiko notices something on "her" chin there too. I can find the scene and translate it for you if you want.

That's a big staff

For Yu

Literally almost 2017, let it die.

mega.nz/#F!LQpy1LYA!fsqe0aBcuPqHzIzOl83ogQ

is that all of it?

>No they didn't. It was a crossdresser in the Japanese version too, Akihiko notices something on "her" chin there too. I can find the scene and translate it for you if you want.
You don't need to. Few months ago or so someone said the same thing and we actually looked it up, the scene really is exactly the same as in japanese version.
>due to being about him being one of the lone white people in Inaba
was that really a thing? I thought the only time Teddie's gaijiness was actually poited out was in Ultimax by Joonpai

So what are you playing/watching while you wait

Toukiden Kiwami, while also waiting for Toukiden 2

I'm playing P2 for the first time right now. About to enter the heart of the Xilbalba wish me luck

How is this?

I'm playing the meme wolf girl hentai game: christmas edition

Trying to stop being lazy and grinding to beat Pandora in p1.

Thanks user.

Super comfy.
The fake Fuuka/Rei in it makes it all worth it.

>was that really a thing? I thought the only time Teddie's gaijiness was actually poited out was in Ultimax by Joonpai

I don't remember anything like that at all either. I don't remember his gaijiness ever being pointed out, thought I didn't see every scene in the game. I also can't remember anything about Chie's social links being about her femininity, but I mostly just remember bullies and her eating meat, so I shouldn't comment on that.

There is an interview where they ask why Piercy was a pretty boy and they answered it was to appeal to girls. And then in P2 they said Jun was fujobait.
It's not just that the Fujos end liking it. They wanted them.

Merry Christmas, /pg
twitter.com/hoshi_twls/status/812680233555922944?s=09

it's beautiful

>That fucking Joker dance

Thank you!

I like this meme.

what time is /pg/ least dead?

When something persona related gets announced

SMT4A, nearing the end.. but w-what exactly are we waiting for

you're my favorite meme

The world will end in 2017, the mayans were off a few years

when people that have played P5 are around, or when something new happens like the artbook

or when there's a lot of shitposting, usually about goro

Or about UI's

Atlus USA is absolute shit about picking fonts.

Is Goro's AOA not in the book?

>have to press circle seventeen times before being able to use a skill
why is P5 such shit

kek, it looks so empty compared to the in-game one

I love Makoto

Merry Christmas /pg/

Merry christmas user

Merry Christmas user

So do I.

>no link in the OP about the p5 artbook imgur

>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>check there, that hasn't been updated in years.

cool thanks OP.

If anyone is looking for it here it is imgur.com/a/YADUi

>>Persona 5 Resources
>pastebin.com/AEA930ea

I wonder if Goro spent Christmas alone every year

Congrat man.
Here the dedrm tool so you can post them on full resolution:
github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/releases

There no real need to two people buying the same artbook.

anyone want to watch a stream of some persona anime?

Only if it's a "best of" collection of Yukari getting cucked by Aigis in the P3 movies.

I'm in
What do you have in mind