/shmupg/ - Shmup/STG general

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2z_HNX3pjg&index=22&list=RDWhq5V3WGaGc
youtube.com/watch?v=YBPoh64mbNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice image, op

streaming shitty Butt Galaga play
twitch tv/draconicimpulse

Remi is not for raping!

4th for fearsome fish

At least make the OP image shmup related

Truxton OP when?

on normal? most non-arcade shmups are really easy to beat on normal.

i think it's official 2who manga.

i swear, japs draw the same faces for animu girls getting raped and girls enjoying it
i don't get it

OP has a 2hu char in it

I was thinking about making the OP this time too, with Deathsmiles 2 in the OP since it's a Christmas thread and all, but I decided not to since we have Deathsmiles in the last OP.

In retrospect I should've just done it.

I know, I don't like it myself, but it's Deathsmiles and Christmas so I thought it was appropriate. Plus the song doesn't seem to be anywhere else on Youtube.

Also the whole "Deathsmiles Christsmiles" thing is slightly amusing at first.

Normally I just say something like "Mari Kirisamas!" and leave it at that.

What did /shmupg/ get for Christmas? I hope you all spent quality time with your families.

I hope you had a lovely christmas, everyone. Whether it was with your loved ones or in perhaps blissful solitude.

>2016
>worshipping dead kike on a stick

My solitude is priceless, user. Every moment I spend with it continuing to be there is like a day on Christmas

>he fell for the miyamoto meme

I got many pairs of woolen socks, a towel set, chocolate, a bicycle and some money, which I'm probably going to spend on my studies, alcohol and shumps. The only downside in this xmas was that there wasnt any ham.

golden bat is biggest meme

But is not garegga a meme?

>really want to try streaming
>ISP doesn't want me to

Where there's a will user. Will your internet into allowing you a stable connection

oh it's stable enough, i just happen to have TEN TIMES LESS THE BANDWIDTH THAN I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE

You have your own router and modem and not using the trash they give do you?

don't understand what you mean, i'm using the material they provided for me

Don't do that. The crap most ISP's give you is worthless.

I know that feel.
>He fell for the dadregga meme.
>woolen socks
Top tier gift.
>shumps
When shmups aren't niche enough.

i'll look into getting alternate material if necessaru, but i've yet to figure out why i'm having these problems and i have a feeling it's probably something only my isp can fix

Yeah, solitude must be nice. It would be lonely, naturally, but it already kind of is, really. At least you don't have to answer to anyone and pretend.

>It would be lonely, naturally
I don't think it's can be called solitude if you ever get lonely, user. It just means that type of lifestyle and cut out for the person involved.

But you're right I don't have to pretend.

Does she really count as a pilot if she is a calculator?

Is that true? I mean, getting a good router that can handle a lot of bandwidth is always advisable, but surely an ISP wouldn't give you some shit that actively gimps your connection like that.
Unless you're American I guess in which case never trust a company to do anything nice for you!

I thought solitude is just a state of being, and whether you're hyped or sad or mixed about it is irrelevant for the definition. But I could be wrong. Everyone gets lonely every once in a while, I think.

~!

She's a sentient AI I believe, so sure! It's not 100% clear if she has a physical body or not though, but she obviously has an appearance of some fashion.

What is the JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE of shmups?

That part of Stage 3 of Ikaruga?

>tfw to smart too find gradius enjoyable

Cute Asuka dude

>when dad gifts you garegga

wow the dodonpachi ship dlc for darius is fucking broken

I used my sons college fund to buy him a battle garegga pcb for christmas, cool huh?

Post pics

what is it about garegga that attracts dads?

doe-done-patchy day-foo-cats-oo

>buy him

So how are you liking your new pcb

Stream's over. Thanks everyone for watching!

you played garegga for 5 hours? wew lad.

There was about 40 minutes of DOJ, and a single Batsugun Special run.

>2017 - 0.007
>still playing 2D games
Wiijuu

Nah, I was playing Mega Man X7 all day yesterday!

that's still nice, if i can play shmups for 3-4 hours it was a good day.
>12016
>still playing breakout clones

>mega man 7
That game was awful even though X1-3 on the SNES were good, it just didn't do the SNES mega man games justice.

I still regularly play Castlevania, user. Hell I booted up Adventure Rebirth a few days ago

>implying I only play shmups
>implying all shmups are 2d

MM7 is indeed pretty sucky compared to the NES games, but I was talking about X7. Which is even suckier actually.

Also Deathsmiles 2 is 2.5D, so maybe that counts

deathsmiles 2 is kusoge.5D

Rate my background flight path.

Is it smooth enough?

I feel it is a bit too near at the dock sometimes, which would make the ship feel to small, but I am not sure.

needs musical accompaniment so i can judge properly

What if the dock is actually xboxhueg?

deathsmiles 2 > dadregga

It's not detailed enough for this, imo.

Just put on some Darius track on youtube or whatever. Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=O2z_HNX3pjg&index=22&list=RDWhq5V3WGaGc

dedregga

when you keep getting fuggedinass by enemies appearing from the sides/back in Tatsujin

It looks choppy around 6-7~ seconds in

Yea, the model is too detailed for my lappy.
It was even more choppy before I deleted a shitton of stuff.
But it's just a prototype anyway. I'm just trying to get the hang of this.

so it's a 32 seconds cutscene? you'd better make it skipable.
also, best ship ever :DDDd

Only the first 12 seconds would be cutscene. And the end starting at 27. Kinda like the start in Ikaruga.

And the ship would look like webm related for now.

it looks like a silver cockroach

>ikarugah
i thought it looked familiar. desu cinematic shmup is not the best idea since you are going to restart over and over again. i love how garegga takes you to next stage in a blink of an eye.

>I still regularly play Castlevania, user. Hell I booted up Adventure Rebirth a few days ago

ewww at least play the good ones pre s.o.t.n

Ikaruga is not overly cinematic. It has perfect flow.
I agree that my webm is still too cinematic though. I will cut some parts.

>Nah, I was playing Mega Man X7 all day yesterday!
Which x game is best in your opinion? I tried getting into the series before starting with x4 but it was just a clunky mess imo.

>what is it about garegga that attracts dads?

The soundtrack is 90% of it and the rest is pacing,prestige and the over exaggerated "complexity". The game is easy as fuck until stage 6 so even the shitters feel like they're good for getting so far and contrary to belief a majority of scoring tricks are not complicated at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBPoh64mbNY
so good

do "dads" really play the game tho? 90% of the posters on the Rev.2016 thread never posted on the scoring thread and never will.

i need to go back to trying to clear hard mode on this.

>do "dads" really play the game tho?
ye but only to stage 5.

I've been told that the slowdown inaccuracies on Deathsmiles Steam version make it especially hard to play on Canyon or Death Mode. I'm going to spend some time playing the 360 port's Arcade version and see how much of a difference there is. Sucks though, I can't stream the 360 port.

X4 is actually my favorite of the X series, largely in part due to being able to play as Zero. Anyways, X1 is probably the best starting point and arguably the best game in the X series, so you can't go wrong with it.

Report back on how it compares.

Not really no, they play it for ~5h at best and then circlejerk about the music.

>bla bla bla stab and stomp is so great bla bla

I doubt that they even make it to stage 5-6 on one credit, they just play it for nostalgic reasons and because they're dadhipsters. 's post is pretty much on point.

twitch tv/owarabi

SDOJ, if anyone's interested.

>fucking broken
As in it doesn't work or it's overpowered?

>inaccuracies
it's entirely absent

I will.

I don't think it's entirely absent from vanilla Deathsmiles, though. MBL1.1 yes, doesn't seem to be any slowdown anywhere, but on vanilla, for example, I can feel the slowdown during the more intensive parts of the Forest stage.

It may be correct to say that it's entirely missing from certain parts of the game though, which is what I meant by "inaccuracies". Not a case of "It doesn't slow down as much as it should at so-and-so point", but more "there's slowdown at x point but then there's no slowdown at all at y point".

Old people just like Garegga because it's a classic. It's basically the first danmaku game.

Also, in contrary to most other danmaku games, it's not full of waifushit, which is not everyones taste.

Strania: The Stella Machine is fucking great.

Looks cool

>Old people just like Garegga because it's a classic.
wrong they like it because everyone else does and no its not firs danmaku as batsugun and donpachis loop are.

Why people llike ketsui?

>donpachis
came after garegga

>batsugun
Is shit compared to garegga

>Is shit compared to garegga
Maybe so but your preference has no bearing on the fact it came first, pay attention to the language we all agree on.

>came after garegga
Jesus can you cunting read? i said specifically the loop of DONPACHI which came before gayrager in 95, fucking stupid cunter.

>everything is fine
>died four times on stage 5
what the fuck

Press B for bomb!

There's nothing wrong with Adventure Rebirth. From a gameplay perspective it's on the action side but it is still a good game and does not betray the castlevania feel.

I also do 1,3, and sometimes Rondo annually.

wew got past wall

It is!