What is it like daily driving a nice sports car?

What is it like daily driving a nice sports car?

What kind of attention do you get from other people? Do you ever get hassled, etc.?

>inb4 someone posts a pic of their miata

>miata isn't a sports car because I said it isn't

OP said NICE sports car

i dont daily my 550whp evo x mr
but i could only describe ownership in one way

its hardship suffering constant stress and fear combined with the most intense adrenaline rush of your small meaningless pathetic life

there is a constant fear some fucktard is going to crash into you parked or not

there is constant EXPENSIVE overhead that would overwhelm any normie

there is judgement for not driving it more, driving it too much, spending obcene amounts of money on it, not spending enough on it, the overall practicality, and saftey

its worth it when you know you could outrun any cop on your roads

its a feeling of total domination over all others on the road and knowing you can impose your will on anyone at any time while driving

Driving any uncommon car will get you attention. I drive an AE86 in nice condition and it turns a lot of heads. Lots of older guys telling me that they owned SR5s and then the enthusiasts telling me to mod it (which I don't plan to.) I've been asked a couple times at stoplights if I'm gonna sell it.

If your car appeals to someone, they'll take notice. Doesn't matter what it is.

I did it for four years (911 S, 991.1, in Miami). I more recently went back to daily driving an SUV though (Range Rover Sport SVR). Mostly it's a pain to worry about ground clearance going into gas stations (even with the new lift systems, which mine didn't have), along with getting into situations where you have to transport a package from work to home or something. Also during big rain storms here the flooding can get bad, 911s aren't so bad because of the air intake locations, but still don't really want to drive that through a river. Groceries actually weren't that bad in the 911, but for example the Publix it was really easy to bottom out on the ramp if I wasn't careful and obviously couldn't get a bunch of stuff at once due to space issues.

Attention wise a 911S in Miami isn't a big deal. My dad daily drives a bunch of exotics and those get more attention but more from tourists than locals who are used to seeing high end cars since they are all over the area.

You do get a lot of attention the more exotic the car, but honestly that can get annoying and also it is very commonly from males. So if you want a bunch of bro-dudes approaching you in parking lots, drive a sports car as a daily driver.

bread on hood or gtfo

Does having a sporty car help you meet women?

No.

In my experience (AE86) it helps you meet Puerto Rican guys and skid kids.

blowing the doors off a corolla who didn't know he was racing you is hardly "imposing your will."

Lots of attention from guys

so driving a used 911 will not get me laid?

So many fucking stoplight boyracers.
>RVVVV
>RVVVVV
>RVVVWEEEEEEERVVVVVVVV-------RVVVVVVVV
Meanwhile I'm taking my time and enjoying myself

cars are meant to be driven.

>implying a miats can't be nice
NA autists need to fuck off and stop pretending their shitboxes are unicorns, though.

Anyway as someone who DDs a reasonably expensive looking sports car (not a Miata, although I do own one) your attention will be exclusively from guys, although I knew that going into it because I'm not an autist who buys a car to meet gold digging women. People [guys] will sometimes ask you about it and it will turn heads but it's nothing excessive. I've driven supercars and there is a significant amount of difference in the attention you get, I'd be fucking terrified to own one of these; you get fucking crowds following you at low speeds and you know the instant you park it and walk off somebody might be a dick and fuck with it.

>Fear of someone fucking with it because they're a retard who can't drive or a jelly commie
>People trying to make friends with you like gold digging cunts

On the upside, kids cheer a lot, enthusiasts will come up and make good conversation (can be annoying sometimes)

It helps you meet dudes

this
Miatas are almost only cars girls like. Maybe zzw30's

Girls don't like Miatas either

Pretty much this.

My dad has a 458, and I have driven it twice, both times I get too much attention. Its not the kind of attention u want, its only fun the first 10 minutes. You feel like a celebrity but in a bad weird way haha

How many times do you have to hear it before you understand?

NO.

by the time she's getting in your car, she already knows what she's doing with you.

GODDAMN IT NO.

SOMEONE FUCKING STICKY THIS ALREADY

God FUCKING damn can you fuck off

Nobody liked you when you leased an automatic FR-S and nobody likes you now, lying that your Ralliart is an evo and that it makes any power whatsoever.

If you have to drive outside of the wealthy area you live and work in it's annoying. Everyone tries to race you, trucks, SUVs, and anything modified. A lot of losers in their "fast" Camry or VWs will floor it by you or make a dangerous move to pass you. If you accelerate kind of quickly, people seem to think it means you want to race everyone. If you drive the speed limit you get tailgated and cut off for no reason. People will park inches away from you, even if you park far away.

A good example is I was waiting to for the light to turn right, it was red and it's no right on red. Everyone knows this intersection. A Civic si pulled up behind, then reverses and goes in the lane next to me, drops the clutch and takes off going right. That's not really annoying it's just like wtf. What's annoying is when you're trying to get into the other lane because your turn is coming up and some idiot in a STI is trying to race you and match your speed, so you can't get over. People will also shout insults for no reason, those are good because you've actually made someone go out of their way to shout an insult for no reason. You know they're extremely jealous and couldn't control it.

In the end you really just want a comfy luxury car that kind of blends in. People that daily exotic cars are attention whores and not enthusiasts

You can't outrun Motorola, doggo.

>. What's annoying is when you're trying to get into the other lane because your turn is coming up and some idiot in a STI is trying to race you and match your speed, so you can't get over.
I forgot to say this isn't just one car You'll be going to grab a coffee a few miles down the road and this happens 3 fucking times with different cars.

I find BMW drivers to be the worst, not the shitbox drivers. I drive a 911 turbo, and it is always 3 series base faggots trying to make a right lane pass when I am already going 20 over the limit. Like seriously?

Forget Nissan, BMW is by far the biggest scumbag brand.

How insightful. They should give you post of the year for that one.

The year's not over yet.

You bought the Evo for 20k off a kid who built it in his backyard, no sympathy here.

As for crashing, quit overreacting.

>tailgated and cut off for no reason
I know that feel dude. And mine is nothing to really write home about. Non VTEC integra that everyone assumes I want to race against their shitty modded whatevers and I got it because I liked the style and the fact that it's fun to drive. Hate it sometimes for the bullshit kids around me.

>muh orginal engineers intentions