/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Wizards and Witches have joined the awakened, and the winged Kibelius A costume is back in the store again! Pearl item gifting is still temporarily reinstated for the holiday season.
Latest patch notes: forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124507-patch-notes-december-21st/

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru (embed)

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Awk weapon: Green -> Blue -> Dandelion
Offhand: Warrior & Berserker Accuracy offhand/other classes AP offhand -> Kutum
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Enjoy your Rings of Crescent Guardian. Merry Christmas.

Other urls found in this thread:

bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/23504
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can anyone identify what class pic related is?

>(embed) (embed)
oh no

tamer?

Look at the weapon

its alright money, about 5mil an hour in just garbage drops, then rng however many scrolls/rocaba boots you pick up

Any ninjas here want to tell me the required skills for the class? I know the skills that have been working best while leveling, but I don't know how well they do later in the game.

Tamer

Ah, of course. Blind. Thanks friends.

You answered yourself. Once you get awakening it matters even less.

I thought Ninja was one of the classes that has to swap between awakening and normal pretty often?

I don't think that's mutually exclusive with what I said.

How will I be the MLG very best if I don't copy someone's exact build?

ninja awaking is mostly single target, so they will have to use tier default weapon. it's not like say Sorc, or Konu where you can pretty much just use nothing but your awakened weapon, for grinding.

I've never awakened before, is there a decent keybind for swapping at least? Does it have any delay or a cooldown or anything?

Blade Spin Blade or W+C or S+C

normally the keybind is C but some classes can just switch to it from other skills automatically. Like for Sorc they can use Rushing Crow which is W+RMB and it automatically switches them to the scythe, then they can just W+RMB again for Violation.

market flood soon, fellow farmers

Loli race when?

Tamer is already out dumbass.

tamer doesn't look like a loli you idiot, she just looks like a short asian

Night whales!

Kuno is a short Asian. Tamer is a full on loli.

That's not a true loli.

And you should take off your underwear when you're wearing your kilt like that.

playable Shai alchemist when?

if the daily checkin attendance thing has 35 days, why does the event only last 30 days?

how do I get the final 5?

It's a ruse

I am so frustrated with dailies in this game. Why do they all have to reset at different times???

I can't even figure out when black spirit ones roll over, it seems completely random

some reset 22 hours after you've done them, some some different hours after you've done them, some a daily reset like the black spirit ones at 0 utc

*at daily reset
in case you didn't figure it out yet, daily reset is at 0 utc

it's not really that hard

Wish they had made them all reset at the same times
or at least, have ALL of the dailies I can accept at my level in the repeatable tab of my quest log so I can somewhat keep track of this clusterfuck

Black spirit dailies are on 24h timer and normal ones are on 20h timer, dunno bout green/crafting dailies

are dailies per character or account wide? mostly interested in contribution dailies

account

What sort of criteria should I base picking a class on? Just picked the game up and I feel a little overwhelmed.

It depends which kind of waifu you want. What's your fetish?

>am i having fun pressing buttons
>do i like the way the moves look
>do i like the way my character looks

The game is all just AoE grinding, just depends on which flavor of AoE you want to do.

lvl 51

107ap/130dp

where grind

need awakening

Who do you think looks the best?

watch all the awakening videos on youtube and pick the one you like the most, that's basically what you'll be doing 24/7 for hundreds of hours, the skills before awakening are rarely used (except for ranger and berserker grabs)

Alternatively if you absolutely need to play the fotm classes and stick to korean pro meta: ranger>warrior>sorc>zerker, the rest are kinda meh and underused, witch is sort of earning it's place but still not there. But it doesn't really matter, if you ever get to the competitive level (you won't) every class can one shot every class.

Honestly just fool around with the builder and play the one that looks nice to you and motivates you to dress up and have adventures with, there's more than killing monsters/players in this game, you're meant to be overwhelmed, but it's very shallow once you figure it out, nothing is obscenely complex, just tons and tons of RNG systems here and there in almost every aspect of the game.

answer before i get mad

do it bitch, with those stats i'm not afraid of you, i'll literally 1 shot your bitch ass

get mad cuckboi

elrics

MAD

catfish to 52

read the op

Grind my cock.

OwO what do we have here?

>tfw nobody ever posts horse armor

But they do, I remember it happening very often.

Nigger I've had every single set registered on notice for weeks and at best a Trina gets posted one time a day

Do I spot a template in the public?

>level 52
>84 AP/79 DP
>equipment constantly bashed to shit because of upgrading failures
>barely making enough to cover repairs

How the fuck do I get good?

Do it again. Are you utilizing failstacks? What are you enhancing? How are you enhancing?

I saw the skull one once available to purchase actually, not bidding actual straight out purchase, but it looks ugly so I didn't get it... I think I fucked up

Just grind Saunils for a while and buy the gear at +15 instead of enhancing it yourself.

It ends up costing way less unless you get stupid lucky.

When will you cuck templatewitch and make her quit like your previous waifu?

What's the difference between using a default face and a template?

Nothing, they're both presets or templates.

>people who unironically cuck themselves into playing warrior

so apart from deformed waifus is there anything good about this game?

Yes.

the not deformed waifus are pretty okay

Why can't I move one specific character's position on my login list?
I can move everyone about her, and everyone below her, but she won't budge.

so fucking retarded how you have to stable/dock your horse/boat before another character can use them

one of the two is a meme

ded thred

Can I AFK fish for more than two hours now? Because I recall ordinary fishpoles broke around the 2h mark and your character would stand there looking like a doofus. Can they autoequip them now instead to continue?

Get a balenos rod. The only limit to how long you can afk fish is the size of your inventory

>Ninja awakening still needs to constantly switch between ninja weapons and katana

I just want to be a fucking samurai.

Nobody's forcing you to switch back to shortsword.

God damn it, is there no way of adding items from their christmas special cash shop into a cart if you want to buy multiple?
Maybe i am just retarded and missing something obvious here but i bought 10 random dye packs one at a time for three days.

To add insult to injury the damn payment wall triggered some sort of fraud prevention and is blocking me from using it.

FML

Yeah daum/kakao/whoever the fuck is dumb as shit
Why buy dyes when value packs exist though?

I never have much luck in getting value packs from the market, and i am going to be dirt poor over the next months so i thought i would just dye my shit and leave it.

is there anything i should know or avoid before starting this game?

Don't play a male character if there is a waifu alternative.

read the op

This is probably the least discussed mmo in existence.

no waifu, no laifu

mmo of the year 2016

American shitposters are asleep

I'm so glad. This thread is so comfortable.

Post nudes.

It's not even just these threads, literally everywhere that discussion about this game could occur is a ghost town.

I have to admit, I'm surprised that whenever I go on >twitch then BDO streams have more viewers than, for example, Guild Wars 2's streams.

you know, if you put silly putty in water it gets ruined

How do I fix that cancerous popping?
High end mode does not help at all.

Is that a red window border? I wonder about the rest of your system color scheme.

Only if you tell me how to fix it

bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/23504

an example build for when you awaken at 56, you would probably have even more skill points, so look into leveling fatal blow, brace, ghost step and target chase. other skills of importance: heart aiming, ankle cutter, malice, fox claw, smoke screen (for lower cd)

star:flight can also be put to use but i find this skill to be quite annoying to use

sudden decapitation and its flow are bad skills as far as i know, i think top ninjas dont even pick them so you can skip those

shadow cloak and doppel dummy are skills that just allow you to use stealth and wood dummy with the awakening weapon, so not a priority, especially considering you'll be tight on skill points

Huh? What popping? Am I supposed to notice something?

Not using a red window border will fix poppings.

How the fucking grass appears out of nowhere. This must be the worst render distance I have seen ever.

I hate you milfsorc, now I can't create any sorc unless it's using the same hairstyle.

I haven't leveled Shadow Stomp or Shadowclone at all. It feels so awkward and slow with the cast time. Fatal Blow, Heart Aiming, Ankle Cutter, and Brace seem so bad. I'm guessing they're PvP skills? I also fucking love Malice, and I have it maxed out, same with Fox Claw.

I'm only level 54 right now, but are Shadow Stomp and Clone really so good they should be maxed? It feels so slow.