/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 26th:
887 – Berengar I is elected as king of Italy by the lords of Lombardy. He is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy at Pavia.
1799 – Four thousand people attend George Washington's funeral where Henry Lee III declares him as "first in war, first in peace and first in the hearts of his countrymen".
1825 – Advocates of liberalism in Russia rise up against Czar Nicholas I but are suppressed in the Decembrist revolt in Saint Petersburg.
1898 – Marie and Pierre Curie announce the isolation of radium.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How goes your war, user?

Reminder that wargames aren't grand strategy and don't belong here.

Wrong thread

Wrong website

Reminder that Tropico is Grand Strategy.

t. steamgruppe/discord/cockmunching club

Is Crusader Kings 2 grand strategy? Is Stellaris?

am i grand strategy???????

Yes and Yes.
dont listen to purist autists.

W&B

FUCK YOU

Yes
No

Yes.
No.
stellaris is so bad at being grand stategy.

What is this, mein freund?

That's a shitposting since he should be posting in the wargames general

It is a game filled with potential for epic grand strategy otherwise known as War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Depending on how well I tackle the frontline units around Brest I should be able to link 2nd panzer with 3rd. They'll be in position to loop around minsk on turn 2. The biggest concern is that the pocket will become to large and unmanageable, but I will be attempting to "plug the holes" with infantry near the front and with motorized "not so near the front".

why do you guys get so bitchy about wargames, they are literally the same as hoi3 only without retarded resource management.

Wrong thread lad

Good luck. Seems a bit unwieldy to manage the breakthroughs and gaps with the amount of days per turn being so large. Then again, you are a better judge of that than me. Can't wait to see the results after turn 3.

Agreed

On the contrary, I think this is the best general for them.

wrong thread laddo :)

>mfw the OP pic literally has them in its list

What you think is irrelevant, its still the wrong thread

And it literally says they are wargames.
But let's correct that in the next thread then :^)

fuck OFF gary grigsby

second dude here, managed to reach minsk but it seems heavily defended and I wasn't able to encircle the forces south of Minsk. I did clear up the main pocket quite easily and I can reach vitebesk with my stranded panzer division, but I bet its defended and I won't be able to break them
I like how we're using different strategies with your complete blitz with no care for supply lines while mine was more stabilizing

Wargames with more grand strategy than any Paradox game that arbitrarily claims itself as having such.

It's in the OP, it can be posted here. Get over it, kid. In fact...

>>>reddit

you have to go back newfag.

Wrong thread

>no pops
>hurr muh complexity
yeah nah fuck off lad

>absolute monarchy UK
>called British Empire
>same thing in HoI4 but with fascism

Why is this allowed? 'British Empire' was never the government name.

Managed to link up 2nd with 3rd, managed to shatter a couple of enemy elements. Sadly 2 of their tank divisions managed to rout out.

>he thinks vicky 2 is more complex

One day I will remember to attach the picturesd to the post.

Ya, I reckon it is going to bite me in the ass come turn 2 with all my panzers being cut off and my pocket leaking Russians like no tomorrow.

You have to go back

Which tech unlocks amphibious assaults in KR? I'm going through them now and I can't seem to find it yet I have a sneaking suspicion that National France starts out without the ability to use them.

Go to the Naval Doctrine tab. One column up from the bottom in the bottom-right.

Based Erdogan

That's all efficienct and stuff but I remember there being a separate one that unlocks the mission and otherwise transports cannot carry out amphibious assaults at all.

Nevermind found it under the engagement theory techs.

>engagement theory
What?

Minsk was a lot harder to take than I thought so I had to throw everything I had to take it on the last turn. I lost a lot of vehicles on the Minsk assault, so thats probably where the Soviets got the bonus victory points to overtake mine. While the game says its a draw, I consider it a decisive victory since I prefer to play as the Soviets and I now have a better understanding of axis encirclement, panzer capabilities, and Soviets defenses in 41' :^)

This is going to end like the aurora incident
>fags are semi accepted here
>start acting cocky, shitposting and deriding the well established games
>people get riled up, they get driven out
screencap this post, no gary shit game will be allowed here in a month

Wrong thread

One of the columns in the naval theory tech tab. Top right hand corner.

but no one is shitposting, they are just posting their games, which fit under the general purview of grand strategy + in OP

>>start acting cocky, shitposting and deriding the well established games
literally what the fuck did he mean by this, i only see Wargamefags posting wargames, not shitposting

Grats. Thats pretty cool that they rated as a draw.

just read the old thread and the answers, I give it a week at the current rate
just screencap that post, at the current rate they are shitposting and people are getting riled up no wargame will be allowed here
it already started

the only shitposting going on is in your own mind, user. That and the stupid "wrong thread" meme.

keep going on, offending me will surely help me sympathize with your side when some fag decides to kick your wargames out

>losses count towards victory conditions
Oh boy, I am not going to make this am I...

see

>>start acting cocky, shitposting and deriding the well established games
>they dindu nuffin

Enjoy posting your shit games here while you can :^)

good luck! I'm off to bed and look forward to seeing your results tomorrow

user, this is grand strategy general not Paradox general. If you want that, reddit is available to you.

Loop around elements to capture all major railway hubs and river crossings. Also send the SS mot div around to the soviet rear, ready to build camps.

The same thing was said when civ, 4x and tw was kicked out for the same reason
It's like you fags don't learn

Wrong thread

and again I forget the picture, wow.

I am playing at a really TERRIBLY slow rate, but then I enjoy going through all the menus and see who is leading what etc. so it is taking ages.

No one cares except you, steamgruppen fag. Just let them post their games in peace and ignore rather than shitting up our thread.

You have to go back

>double arrow meme
KYS lad, honestly you re shitting more the thread than others with your retarded posts.

>retards shitposting about gary grigsby stuff not being grand strategy
please return to your hive

to where

You sure are helping your case, enjoy the same fate as aurora, fag
>our thread
You mean OUR thread, this isn't the wargame thread
Go make your own thread refugee

You have to go back gary

Your containment thread, the wargames general

I thought my combat losses thusfar were really bad, but checking the actual menu for it shows 4k losses on my side vs 80k+ on the soviet side, so not TOO bad I suppose. Only turn 1 though, the actual meatgrinding in the cauldron still has to happen.

>guys post about a game
>shitposter shitposts about them to leave
>other shitposters shitpost 2
>GEE now i can take things out of context as if they are the guys that started shit
holy fuck you re so fucking cancerous its unbelivable, why the fuck are you here.
go back to

pictures for proof.

Wrong general

>OUR thread
You're the only one that is constantly spamming and bitching about others you fucking cunt.

I'm just telling you that if you keep going on this way it will end like aurora, but you prefer to get all butthurt and defensive and go all 'dindu nuffin" instead of listening
enjoy being kicked out

>end like aurora
So you retards will shitpost endlessly until honest video games are bullied out?

>implying i even play war games
KYS lad honestly, the only thing you re doing right now is derailing the thread and shitposting non stop.also
>acting though about kicking 3 people from posting here
WOW SO MUCH POWER YOU GOT THERE FAG

You have to go back

fuck off back to your own thread

Nice posts.

>you retards
>KYS lad honestly,

>try to help
>butthurt wargame fags try to stir more shit
I already know which side I support, thanks for making up my mind now fuck off back to your own general

You have to go back fag.

>keeps on implying i care 2 fucks about wargames.
the only reason im responding to you, you fucking worthless retard, is because you re trying to act tough as if you have power on this shithole. Guess what, no one gives 3 fucks about this general anymore. this is just shitposting 24/7 nonstop.
Stop trying to act as if you re a moderator of a subreddit you enormous faggot.

>I go on a NEET imageboard and bully people that post pictures I don't like and talk about things I don't like

nice butthurt you got there wargame fag

nice argument you got there cobra.

this isn't an argument, it's an eviction notice steamgroup fag :^)

there you go again, acting like a subreddit moderator. honestly just kys already.

there you go again, acting like a steamgroup redditor fag
you have to go back

im not the one going over a powertrip like you do.
only redditors, like yourself, go on powertrips and threaten other posters about kicking them out. the only one that needs to go back is you.

>powertrip
>acting like a moderator
you really need to go back, you seem to think an awful lot about reddit and know even more about it

>Enjoy posting your shit games here while you can :^)
>enjoy being kicked out
>I already know which side I support, thanks for making up my mind now fuck off back to your own general
> it's an eviction notice steamgroup fag :^)
and you seem to think you are actually have some sort of power here. not only that you re the only poster using reddit smiles like a complete retard.

>america keeps getting into bullshit wars with britain
>mfw sucking up all the immigrants
>communist revolution soon

>gives a fair piece of advice on what happened before
>oh wow redditor kys
>gets mad when I go to the other side due to you acting like a fag
wow you are such a smart redditor

>advice
>:^)
nice advice fag. go back to TheDonald you fucking retard. you keep on posting and the more you look like a retard from reddit that invaded /pol/

You should be liberating Texan claim all the way to the Pacific

FUCK OFF R&I WARGAMES BELONG ON /GSG/ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE'RE SO MUCH MORE COMPLEX THAN YOUR LIQUOR SIMULATOR!!!!!!!!

Show liquor

you really are obsessed with reddit and nitpicking huh pedro
here's the last piece of advice: stop posting your shit wargames here
spare me your obsession with reddit too

Good old steamgruppe/discord autism to bring up the "R&I" boogeyman whenever anyone calls your shit out.
What's next, talex?

>Trying to push R&I to help you with kicking out gary grisby games
Devilish.