Redpill me on the 2005 Audi TT 1.8 Turbo Quattro

>6spd manual
>57,476.835 miles
>Listed at $10,500 negotiable.

Should I? Since I'm in a banana republic shithole, this is literally the closest thing to a Miata listed for sale. Sad!

Other urls found in this thread:

japan-partner.com/Auto/23758/Mazda/RX-7/car-for-sale.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP here, would it be cheaper to just import a NA Miata from burgerland?

bump

import a miata or get a newer TT

Any crippling issues with the '05 TT?

Don't get a fucking TT, as the others said get a Miata. Get an NB though, NA is an overrated meme car that's worse than the NB all around

Yeah I always thought the NA was a little bit faggy.

NA fanboys that say the NB is more feminine are hilarious.

NB miatas look great when they are done right too.

not with that model year exactly but if you're getting an expensive-to-maintain box you might as well get a good one
first gen is pretty bad compared to the second gen

it's a beetle with a body kit. you could get a beetle/golf/passat with the 1.8t and manual for half that or less.

The interior's neat and it mostly uses Golf parts. Not a sports car really, but if you can get your hands on VW parts for cheap it might be worth considering. Wouldn't pay 10 grand for it though, personally.

VAGs are expensive as hell to mantain if you live in Bananarama. But, then again, import laws are also dumb as fuck in Bananarama: where I live you can't import a used car unless you have fucking a fucking diplomatic permit worth around US$15k.

Look for something else, user.

I currently dd an 01 t.8tq TT
Rear rose joints are the only real issue that is specific to the car. But it was a suggested replacement issue by audi and most are taken care off. Mine weren't and it snapped control arms before i figured it out. Other than that it's a better looking jetta with a nicer interior.

Problem is you're paying a huge premium for what is essentially a less practical golf with a fancy body. It's not a bad car by any means, but it's far from sporty or fun to drive. Audis in general also need a bit of extra maintenance because they can easily accumulate a cascading bunch of repairs if neglected.

It just boils down to the fact that for far less money you can get a faster, more practical, more reliable, and better car overall. Any old 325 e36 beats the living shit out of the TT in all areas, and for 5k you can get one that's virtually mint.

You are from Brazil, aren't you?
So do I.
Get a nice Jetta TSI or a Civic SI and call it a day.
Besides, the TT is completely differente from the miata(fwd based).
So stop trying to be an special snowflake.
But if you want something different, buy an MX3 and turbo it. Or even better, an civic vti.

Actually from Panama.

i dont own a 1.8T quattro, but i can tell that 90% of the guys here are fags by saying that this car isn fun to drive or not sporty enough.
I have the TT 8N 3.2 litre VR6, and yes they are right about it being an expensive repairbox, as soon as you dont care enough about it. yes you pay the premium price vor the four rings, but its hella lot of fun to drive and at least the 3.2 litre beats any e36 or mercedes slk.

How's the storage space in comparison to other coupes?

He could not be from here, TTs are overpriced here because its a ""sports car"" from a "Premium" brand

If you want to import a miata, you should get one from japan, they are much cheaper there.

I have a better idea actually

japan-partner.com/Auto/23758/Mazda/RX-7/car-for-sale.html

hi panamabro

mexianon here who owns a 02 TT quattro convertible I imported from burgerland

10k seems really high for a 1st gen TT but i guess if thats what they go for in panama then everything else is similarly priced

First of all, it puts out 222hp which is higher than any golf of that vintage but its also much heavier so its not very fast if youre looking for a fast car

Mine has been pretty unreliable in the year that ive owned it, having had to replace the oil pump, lights knob controler, AC controls, clutch and flywheel, various contsant vacuum leaks from rotted out rubber hoses and just last week the turbo oil line started leaking

Despite that you will find that because these cars are pretty rare in spicland and they carry the audi badge + sporty look people think they are worth MUCH more than what they are actually. I get constant looks from women and dudes all the time checking out my car and whores at uni are always impressed by it
Ive had multiple women actually tell me my car looks nice than current gen 2012+ bmw 3 seriers and merc c class

Dual Mass Flywheel and/or DCT are expensive as hell to service when they fail.

>I have the TT 8N 3.2 litre VR6

>Barely any faster than the 1.8TQ
>Spectacularly heavier, all the weight hanging over the front end
>Impossibly tight engine bay
>Catastrophic fuel efficiency
>Audi "reliability" and "maintenance"

I guess you can do worse, but not by much.

>Ive had multiple women actually tell me my car looks nice than current gen 2012+ bmw 3 seriers and merc c class

>>Ive had multiple women actually tell me my car looks nice than current gen 2012+ bmw 3 seriers and merc c class

Fresh, delicious pasta.

Thanks for the meme.

> Barely Faster: maybe not of the start, but after the 1.8 t reaches VMax, the Vr6 just keeps going until 280~300.
> Fuel efficiency: 8,7 per 100 km. And yeah, i drive normal as any sportscar guy would do.
> Reliability: Yeah, i have to give some credit to you. It definitely isnt the best. The 8N VR6 still has some serious issues(timing chain), but with the roght care you'll get a really reliable car and a timeless interior. The interior ist still in a very good shape, and i still cant find any problematic rust. (im sorry miata guys)
The DSG(Direktschaltgetriebe in german idk how american people call it) was one of the first series ever produced by VAG. So i think we all know what that means...and yes, you pay audi price.
> Tight engine bay: Another point to you, it really is tight.

2 Things
Take a good long in the Servicehistory.
Watch that turbo. In the 1.8TQ they were broken after about 50-60k miles