youtube.com/watch?v=v1fi3r4O_II
twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/101492940538527744
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SFV

I like the gameplay.

me too

Is getting better*

*kindof

Ono is the producer, he really doesn't do shit for the game on a design point of view

It's the only part of the game that isn't outright bad (yet still kind of mediocre).

How will she play like? Will she have a fireball?

December is the month of May!!

Broski, you've helped me out with the past. Teach me some tricks so that I don't feel like I'm in a mix-up every time Bison leaves the ground.

I keep running into this diamond Bison who gets half his damage on me from just jumping and doing autistic devil's reverse shit.

YOU FUCK WHERE IS MY SMILING MAY
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There are some pretty old interview when SFIV was in the works where he said he's pushing some of his influence in the game(s).

He's not a code monkey or artist, but he definitely has a direction for the franchise and his choices lead to this results.

who ya playing

You come from g*ober gear and you produce this shitfest of a neutral

bravo woshige

Shes illuminati

Expect her to have some kind of element like Gill and Urien

sorry its been a while since I've shitposted.

play gooberblue

anyone want to play something on fightcade?

Metal Slug?

Urien, but it's not a character specific problem. I can't think of anybody who has a tool to reliably deal with this. sHK is amazing when I hit it at the right time, but I can't see the right time, I just have to guess. Plus EX devil's reverse usually trades at worst for him because the hitbox is so amazing.

sHJK basically doesn't even have a hurtbox on it's active AA frames. I don't undertstand.

This is such a magical gif.I don't feel like shit after viewing it for a bit.

Reminder SFIV was built upon SFII which is why it was so good

theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2009/feb/12/gameculture-xbox

>The bible we were working from for IV is the established rulebook of II. The last thing we wanted to do was add a gigantic appendix to this book.

Xrd doesn't have Arakune in it so I'll play that instead

I didn't mean burst though, actually burst does nothing for making the oki more interesting because it's something you do after you get hit anyway. There's tons of defensive mechanics that a game can have. Of course you can't just port random mechanics from other games 1:1 and hope they work, they should be tuned according to the game. But in order for oki to be interesting, both parties need to have interesting options.

I played 60 hours of it and I've watched quite a few streams (not as much as I used to for 4, but enough to get an iodea of how the game plays for sure).

If the game is fun, it doesn't NEED a balance patch, and certainly not more than once a year. People have been playing fighting games for years and enjoying them like this. People have played games that haven't had patches for years, some even decades and enjoy it. If you feel the need for something new, it's because what you have right now is not very fun.

Of course, I'm not advocating never balancing SFV, but I think once a year as far as fighting games go is perfectly fine outside of maybe some small adjustments and correcting some atrocious errors that make some character truly SSS++ tier and shit like that.

SFV is better than SF4 overall tbdesu

fighting games needs more titty squirrels

SF4 took years to get to a point where people widely accepted it was good. Right now we're in the AE universe of SFV. Give it a bit and we'll get something good right as they come in and sweep its legs out for SFVI

Reminder that SFV is build off 3rd strike the best in the series which is why in 1-2 years SFV will be god tier

nah

>Thinking about getting a fightan gayme on steam.

>Only have Skullgirls already.

>Not very good at fightan gaymes.

>Toaster can't run SF5

What do?

So far i've been considering SF4 or BlazBlue.

Would another 2D fightan be better?

I like ani may mays and kyute grills.

post more BB makoto

"Being better than SFIV" doesn't mean much, sadly.

It's like saying "It's better than nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

>Yoshinori Ono: I think the closest game I can compare it [SFIV] to, would be Super Street Fighter II Turbo. That being said, it is a slower game. It's been tuned to play more slowly. But it's probably the closest to that...I think the essence is closest to that.

gamasutra.com/view/feature/132185/saving_street_fighter_yoshi_ono_.php

If you have shitgirls you might as well play it

>But in order for oki to be interesting, both parties need to have interesting options.
The point of oki is that you have an advantage and lots of options and that the other guy doesnt

Oki exists so you have something to be afraid of and need to work around

Also you can burst when downed to prevent Zato unblockable drill and the like

nut hype!!

how so? You don't see this display in SFV

youtube.com/watch?v=U7_b1aMJHDA

1 year after release back then which is SFV right now

Am I the only person happy about all new characters for SFV? I personally think it's a good move, SFIII was basically 80% new characters and it was great.

I fell in love with her ever since i read the tanabe doujin with her and ragna.

the good news is that ex devils reverse got a lot less stupid in s2 because he can't freely zip all over the place at 100 miles per hour while in the air while avoiding anti-airs

the bad news as you say is that the hitbox is still very good and its very plus on block

labbing it right now and it seems like mostly uriens anti airs (st.hk, f.mp, cr.hp) dont reliably beat it, so your best bet is to high block assuming a headstomp and then as soon as your hear/see him zip upwards for the devils reverse go for a jump mp juggle

even if he sideswitches and you cant juggle anything off the mp you still get a knockdown and a good chance to reassert yourself

>Right now we're in the AE universe of SFV
False, right now we are in console vanilla release of IV. Remember IV had arcade version out for a year.
We are like 2 years from AE

In 1-2 years we get foreground tables to hide behind?

SFIV also had tons of location tests which didn't happen for SFV

>Speaking of tuning, the graphics were altered slightly from location test to location test. What did you base the changes on -- fan reactions?

>YO: Absolutely. The visual changes you see throughout the location test versions to the final version, a lot of that is basically based on user opinions and feedback from them. Not just in the gameplay balance itself, but also visually.

>Once again, we're not giving them the entertainment spectacle of an ordinary game, but more of a toolset. If you give someone a board game or something and one of the pieces is ugly, they're not going to want to move that piece.

>So it's really important to listen to the users' opinions, because it's going to be a tool that they're going to use freely to play the way that they want. We have to make sure that the visuals we give them are in line with their expectations, so we did listen to what they had to say about the visuals.

No passion went into SFV

It's good move.However if the characters look like shit or are boring as fuck that's when everyone will be pissed off.

FANG isn't boring, Laura, Rashid and Necalli on the other hand....

your not alone and capcom dont give shit for not pleasing fan favorites when they know everyone playing sfv anyway

Too bad only Yun was playable with Alex and Urien somewhat so, and rest being deviant art tier

I hope she can burn her clothes off at the start of the round to reveal tiny bikini suit.

SF4 is the ugliest fighter. Passion my ass.

FANG is a cool design but a mistake gameplay wise

Rashid is cool

Laura is the biggest mistake in Street Fighter history

Necalli is just a gorilla

Are you sure it's very plus on block? I thought the same thing but now some people are telling me it's -2 on block. That being EX reverse.

I know stomp is -2 now, but I can't find any data on reverse

Street Fighter EX was way uglier

SF4 had a clear art direction which was good.

The backgrounds in SFV stages are disconnected to the game stage.

its still plus, it got reduced slightly so now he cant just always do df.hp to beat any button you press afterwards but its at least +3 i think

Vanilla SF4 was way worse than SFV

If you like anime the only up to date game with a community on steam is revelator, but it's not on sale. You can find some people for uniel on discord but the netcode is meh.

There's lots of free games outside steam too. You can get melty blood, eternal fighter Zero, Ougon musou Kyoku Cross, probably a lot of stuff that I forget right now for free. If you want to play these ones online, melty is your best bet, but you need to join discord for matches. All the links for the download and stuff are in the op.

Just because you have some options it does not mean you are not at a disadvantage. Melty, arcana, even xrd have more defensive options than sfv, but you definitely do NOT want to be the one laying on the ground in those games either.

I had a brainfart, meant Super. Ultra was when 4 turned around and got a positive feel with the community overall.
Its the fps right? I think the stages overall look pretty great in SFV.

How much did laura change with s2?

I wanna learn her because she's cute but I can only find old bnb guides

SFIII originally was supposed to be all new characters, Ryu and Ken originally weren't meant to be in the game but somewhere mid development Capcom realized the game would sell like shit without those two.

iirc EX devils reverse is - on tall characters like Birdie (and possibly Urien, unless they changed it

It had an ugly "art direction" that was shit.
Fuck off to /r/kappa

hell no lmao

vanilla still had an actual neutral

She's probably the most straightforward character in the game

shes 99% the same
you can do everything from season 1 in season 2 and people would complain about how she got overbuffed

That's what I thought too, about it being plus 3. Thanks my man. I'll try looking for the reverse and then air to airing it.

Urien does count as a tall character. At least tall hurtbox shit usually works on him.

ah yes, french fries hair alex, banana hair ken, lion akuma is better than SF4 lmao

You could play melty blood, its free, just check the pastebin. You can also play fightcade stuff for free (its an arcade emulator with netplay lobbies); mostly SF2,3,Alpha and KoF98, 2002. Don't bother with BB on steam because its an outdated version and its completely dead, if you want to get into BB the latest version is dead cheap on PS3 right now. You can buy GG Xrd Revelator on steam and depending on how toaster your PC is, you might be able to run it. I have 2.5GHz CPU, 8GB RAM and Nividia 635M notebook GPU. With this I can run the game in minimal settings when I tweak the config file. You can always refund the game it doesn't run at 60fps. Although GG and BB are pretty hard games to start with, Melty Blood is easier to play than those two.

just tested on urien by having bison do ex reverse and then holding up

bison started jumping at LEAST 3 frames before me so i cant imagine its ever negative even on birdie/gief

>sfvhas no neutral

how garbage are you guys?

It's ok to make a game where there are almost no defensive options and oki/pressure is dumb.
You just need to make sure the game is not played 90% on the range where other guy is pressuring the other.
See: Koihime Enbu.

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-11-the-rise-and-collapse-of-yoshinori-ono

Ono has a wife btw, surprised he doesn't mention her on his twitter or anywhere else after this

>"My wife was at home and heard the crash. Later she told me that she ran into the bathroom. There was no steam, just my body on the floor. She called an ambulance and I was rushed to hospital.

I'm happy about it because there is no risk of disappointment in that regard.

A new character, good or bad it ends up being, will always set new experiences and not change your expectations how it could've happened with a returning character.

What I mean with this is that, given's the developers and testers mentality around the game's balance, you can't get disappointed at a new character. You may just not like it. Imagine if Sagat (random example) was back but they had to change something crucial about his playstyle because they don't want the characters to feel the same as before.

With a newcomer you don't have that risk. If you don't like it you just ignore it, while if a returning character comes back but in a different form it feels worse.

Yes actually. SF4 is ugly as shit and always had a terrible art style.

Animations were shit too.
Enough of your faggotry redditor. Its not like you will ever be able to convince anybody otherwise.
Wont be able to revive your garbage game either.

The revisionist history about SF4 is honestly hilarious

stub fighter v has neutral guys!

I made it to Silver after a day!

If anyone has any decent Ibuki guides, though, I'd love to see them. I still don't know how to use V-Trigger. Do I combo into it?
Also sometimes I land a st. MK or st. MP and don't know what to do afterwards.

they changed all the special effects along with the graphical update in kof xiv.

Yeah, if you complain how simple and dumb it is you must be bad!

He doesnt mention his private life unless something big happens.
Many devs and producers do that.

Bullshit. SFIV launched with the expectations that it was going to be like SF2 (see the interviews above). And it did not disappoint. You're full of shit with your revisionist history. Those of us who have been around awhile were watching the Japanese play the arcade version of SF4 for a good few months before it came to console. And we were loving what we were seeing. MJ had a small blog page where the TRF arcade streams were listed. This was before spooky supposedly 'started' streaming. Yes, the Japanese were doing that first as well.
Here is the original hype-inducing trailer -> youtube.com/watch?v=ftz4ZELzihQ
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING.

merry sniffsmas and play sg

Whats Uriens element?

her v-trigger is for mixups and combos

got any pics/video?

did you seriously paste this rkappa post from the previous thread into this one

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=v1fi3r4O_II

did you know theres a snk general? I didn't until a few hours ago

ah ok I see. It might take me a few days to learn and get used to that. Thanks.

Thinking about some nicknames for some trips and other people in this general.

HighwayScrub;
Dongski;
Alcatraz

What do you suggest?

Chariot is already funny like that. It's like calling yourself Piss. You don't expect people not laughing at you with a nickname like that. Pure perfection.

sfiv really did ruin you guys.

i genuinely had no idea

is it ded?

idk he did this in 2011

twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/101492940538527744

maybe he got a divorce?

electricity and maybe magnetism.

haha merry sniffmas to u 2 xDD

Lightning

he can also turn his body metallic

>been playing SFV since launch
>before they did the netcode patch day 1 I was getting consistent matches
>after that que times would be anywhere from 15 minutes to never finding a match some nights and 95% of connections would be from overseas (namely America, Japan)
>really enjoy the game and its active 'community'
>friend who lives near by can hop on whenever and go through a ton of players while I cling to laggy kens and instant grab ryus

Honestly fgg is there anything I can do about this? I've asked before but usually it just gets swept under the rug here

put_lucha_in_sfv

if capcom had a fix, they would've done it in a week

They don't have a fix and nothing will be done about this netcode

How long does it actually take to buy a character with Fight Money?

Man I remember bitching about chuns fireball animation. Shit was cash

Where do you live senpai?

I have no idea I found it and saw that some people were talking about stuff and linking twitter posts before I left.

The thread is a week old so its as ded as that indicates