/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Gregtech Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MdqFBJzS
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1282034-mineshot-1-7-high-resolution-screenshot-capturing
github.com/ata4/mineshot/releases/download/v1.61/Mineshot-v1.61-1.7.10.jar
archive.is/jkx4O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for mawpc

2nd for circles

3rd for dolan

fourth for even diameter circles

>even diameter circles

Them double doors

Figuring out good worldgen algorithms is hard.

modders are NOT welcome here my dude. modpack makers and players only.

No (You) for you

>modpack makers
>welcome here

How shit is it?

Still got a long way to go. Probably not gonna bother with the guns tho. Their models are too detailed, and they look alright anyway.

>tainted roguelike
kek, that should happen more often

Looking good so far. I'd might sharpen the outlines of the vertical metal bars in the wall though, like the black line to the rightside kind of blends and blurs out too far imo. Also just personal taste but I think i would desaturate their helmets a bit to match the rest of the grungy aesthetics

i see the user who tried to block off taint with a fence learned his lesson the hard way

>implying everyone here with at least half a brain isn't playing their own custom modpack

according to the last posts in the last thread people who make their own minetweaker scripts aren't welcome here :^)

my modpacks all suck really bad so please upload yours so i can use it.

no, I'm the other one who was dealing with taint
really worried about that crust though, it's all over the underground thanks to that dungeon

Can you please keep your catty little bitch comments in that last garbage thread we had?

Just because you had to spend the holidays with the people who molested you doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer.

>If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.

clearly a typo

Indeed. I think the OP actually meant
>If you develop mods or anything Minetest related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.

When was the last time you saw someone who slapped a bunch of mods together just for himself getting called a modpack maker though?
I mean, according to posts I see, most people who make their own "modpacks" seem to not even look at the config files, nevermind taking the extra steps to create terrain/ore generation scrips, minetweaker scripts, and all that shit that makes a modpack an actual modpack rather than a bunch of mods haphazardly running at the same time.

But that's the thing.

We're all modpack makers.

Because any fucking dumbshit asshole can be a modpack maker.

but people that actually get called modpack makers (FTB for instance) i.e. public modpack makers are shat on without exception

Because FTB is just a group of dipshit assholes.

How's this?

Those helmet colors are same as the original. Not sure if I should change them.

fug

What do you use for roads/pavements anons? Trying to find something suitable for my base, preferably something that also speeds me up.

If you already have an autocrafting system, is IC2E better than IC2C?

For non tech I use some chisel type of stone.
For tech I either use IE concrete alot around the buildings and the rest on natural (like tf2 builds with the mix of concrete builds and wooden builds). Or just make dirt roads around the path I walk by.

Oh yeah. In terms of tech, BC will be added soon, there's railcraft for long-term transportation solutions and, to a smaller degree, there's teleporters. Although that mod only adds one item to the game, it's worth mentioning due to how big of an impact it can have on a person's gameplay once they have them. If a person has 2 or more bases that are far away, they'll no longer have to travel thousands or tens of thousands of blocks between them. As time goes on and more teleporters with different keys are made, people could experiment using random key items to teleport to other players' teleporters on the other side of the world. Imagine discovering giant, well-built bases that way

Speaking of that, that's the end-game content I've mostly been focusing on so far: adding more aesthetic options for midgame and endgame base-building. Chisel alone adds over 1,000 new aesthetic blocks, but there are roughly six more mods that add some more of their own. The most noteworthy one is probably SignPicture. Using that, a player could theoretically upload and use any texture they want, at least for surfaces like walls

And when it comes to non-tech, non-base-building endgame content, some community-driven options are:

Banding together to achieve common goals (forming a small faction to build a gigantic base, for example)
Competitions (cumming soon™)
Finding and raiding - or just peacefully visiting/taking pictures of - other peoples' bases
Glitch hunting
Helping new players. I've always found it fun to leave chests filled with items around spawn on all sorts of servers
Hunting new players. Not my thing, but I can see why other people would have fun with it
PvP
Roleplaying/Self-imposed challenges (pacifist playthroughs for [x amount of time], limiting yourself to only using one type of weapon or one tier of items, playing a rogue/warrior/smith/whatever archetype of character, etc. Works best in conjunction with the first thing, forming or joining groups of players)

A few more things I couldn't fit in that post are:

Making things like interesting written books and map art
Trading with other players (resources, one-of-a-kind items made by players like the two that were just listed, coords to interesting locations, trading cards, anything at all)

Thanks for reminding me of that mod. I need to look into it sometime. As for that
>Now find an apple tree
advice, it sounds like the questpack you were given gave you some bad advice. I would never recommend that someone only look for one food source when they're new to TFC, such as fruit trees alone. If you want to give it another shot, here's a guide I wrote which focuses on the essentials - getting food, water, and shelter pastebin.com/MdqFBJzS

Mods to complement my tech pack? Things like Techguns and tech related stuff.

WE

ARE

OROKANGS

Is that good? im not a good builder and i was thinkning all fucking week 'bout this wall, Its good imo but this tower suck a massive cock, any idea how to fix that? also i have no fuking idea how to build a castle, but i need a fucking castle :/

Which version of Chisel is the best for 1.7.10?

see this and , and scour planetminecraft and google for help

web is autistic when it comes to tips, just want to learn some patterns or examine examples

One mod that obviously goes really well with Techguns is Matter Overdrive.

The wall is actually good, don't shit on his pretty wall.

Now there's a wall that's making /me/ ten feet higher.

Also I'm making a pack with Techguns and I've put Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft in it. We'll see how that goes.

Whats the weed thing on sticks? Whats in the factory/hazard block thigns? And why do you have a heliport?

Techguns worldgen, which uses Chisel blocks.

The spess ship is from Matter Overdrive.

This pic is all natural worldgen. I'm surprised I found an example of two mods' worldgen interacting that actually makes sense.

what terrain are you looking for when you start a new world?

i always look for flat places near oceans with mountains and/or forests in the distance but that's gotten stale.

>spess ship
Matter Overdrive fuckery can be funny

Build IN THE MOUNTAINS!

Remote mountainous castles a best. Or, maybe I've been playing too much EU4. Oh well.

I usually go for hills. Flat places are boring.

the only thing worse than building on flat terrain is building inside of a mountain/hill because you can't build well.

building on/between hilly terrain with a lake below is the greatest.

i literally don't know

sometimes i spend days on end generating, exploring, deleting worlds hoping for "the one" place to build.

I'm of a bit of a mixed mind about Matter Overdrive.

The ideas in it are awesome, and the weapons design is the best thing since ScottyDoesKnow left Minecraft development*, but the robots are too frequent for my taste and, well, the quests need a bit less ambiguity. (I was told to put the 'transmitter' near a ship and put it ON the ship for minimum distance. The game decided that didn't count.)

...Anyone else miss SDK's gun mod?

i'm sick of washed down greenblue grass

someone post a resource pack that uses a different colormap so i can tear the file out of the pack to stitch it to the pack i'm currently using, Unity

Is anyone else having a problem downloading mineshot? 1.7.10 link seems broken.
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1282034-mineshot-1-7-high-resolution-screenshot-capturing

Mods always have their mobs spawn rates set too high by default. I had to go into the configs to blacklist androids from the Nether so I turned down the overworld spawn rate while I was at it. Hasn't been a problem for me since.

>blacklist androids from the Nether
this shit bugs me a lot
Why do modders not whitelist only the overworld for mobs? Do they even play the game?

github.com/ata4/mineshot/releases/download/v1.61/Mineshot-v1.61-1.7.10.jar

Recommend me a good 1.10.2 magic mod that is lesser known.

Draconic Evolution

This was really nice to see after emerging from a dark forest.

>Why do modders not whitelist only the overworld for mobs?
Uh why don't YOU whitelist only the Overworld for mobs? Yall kids need to learn to check your configs.

Reminder that minetweaking is easy and programming is F U N.

what do you do if you need a server to play with friends but your pc is too shit
do you guys just go and rent one?
if so, which or is there another way

>draconic dildolotion
what a weak ass attempt at (You)s
what shit mod are you going to shill next, botania?

Build a decent pc and use shitty pc to serb.
>tfw I kinda like it
It has cool decoration blocks and some cool objects but the flower power generation sucks both dickle and also bolls

>Build a decent pc and use shitty pc to serb.
normally sure, but that's a more longterm solution
i need my fix NOW
tfw no server to go full autism on

>tfw good pc but no friends to play with
at least your problem has an easier solution than mine

Then ask if someone else has another pc so they can host serb in that one.

So? user asked for three things:
>good
>magic mod
>lesser known

>giving the player access to tools literally better than creative mode locked behind a meaningless grind is a magic mod

Botania is a decent mod, but /mcg/ has a hate boner for Vazkii-chan.

The generation flowers are basically Aura Cascade except not terrible.

The items and tools it offers are nice and interesting, but the mod is shallow as fug.
It's a gimmick mod.

>Botania is a decent mod
it isn't
it is literally a shallow RandomThings-tier collection of features stolen/burrowed from other mods - some from lesser known modders, some from more known modders - barely held together by a singular theme: flowers and shit-tier weeb references.

>tfw I want to build something pretty and comfy but I have no creativity and don't know what.

What do I do?

just keep practicing

How in the world you did that?
And by the way which blocks are in the build? I recognize the bookshelfs and the stone on the floor as Chisel ones but what else is there?

>Botania is shallow
It does what it sets out to do. Sure you can blast through each level of progression in a single session, but which mods is that not true for? I'm not really sure what your benchmark is for depth in a mod.

its not my build

It sets out to do nothing.
If it was actually a druid/flower/faggot mod, it would have content that fits it.

Botania is just a collection of neat baubles with hackneyed crafting method.

you can't be serious
botania doesn't set out to do anything, at best it sets out to do everything at once very poorly

like the other anons said it's just a garbled patchwork of features the dev took from other mods in an attempt to make Botania more famous for the sole reason that "it has all those neat tools i use all the time" which is why 90% of its shit doesn't fit in there at all - from the floating hourglass to the belt which is literally just the Boots of the Traveler in a bauble slot.
for fuck sake, vazkii was underage until very recently and people praised him like the autistic underage masses worship(ed?) notch

do you think it's just a coincidence the only big mods Botania hasn't ripped at least one feature off are the same ones with closed source? (Witchery)

>It sets out to do nothing
Lol what? If there's any reasoning behind that statement, why don't you apply it to Thaumcraft or Immersive Engineering or Matter Overdrive (another "gimmick" mod that's gotten tons of love in this general in the past)?

I really hate to be put in a position to defend Botania, but no one ever gives a specific reason other than "IT'S THE MEMES, JACK!!"

>all this Vazkii hate
>disguised as legitimate criticism
R u ok

It's a collection of fucking tools with a crafting method.
It's not some kind of magic mod, the progression and non-tool content is secondary.
How many fucking items in botania actually fit with the theme at all, even cosmetically?

Anyone have a good launcher? I need one with better control of accounts. I'm switching internet connections consistently and get logged out all the time in the default launcher.

looks good dude keep it up

multimc

>I'm switching internet connections consistently and get logged out all the time in the default launcher.
You should be using multimc, never the default one.

yes.

TeamChisel chisel.

...all of them? Which ones don't? No really, which specific ones?

I really don't understand how you can level all of these complaints at Botania but not at Matter Overdrive.

They're both gimmick mods that rely on 3rd party content associated with nerd culture, they both add features stolen from other mods and they both have features that can be easily abused to great effect.

But Matter Overdrive doesn't have that pesky tranny you're tsundere for so it's fine, right?

>why don't you apply it to Thaumcraft or Immersive Engineering or Matter Overdrive
because it doesn't fucking apply to any of those mods
Immersive Engineering sets out to be a believable tech mod with gigantic machines and realistic infrastructure rather than the meme one-block "power and something comes in, shit goes out" magic blocks with pipes for literally every purpose that is all the rage in tech mods these days
Thaumcraft even has fucking lore behind it in the research pages; the player experimenting and exploiting the magic of the world for his own gains and even delving into and figuring out the Eldritch shit

Botania is just "yeah set up a network of original creation do not steal blue energy- i mean mana and create a bunch of random toys because why the fuck not"

Because botania is advertised as a druid(ish) mod.
THERE IS NO FUCKING DRUID(ish) CONTENT BESIDES THE CRAFTING PROCESS
It's just a collection of shit the author found useful.
That's it.
Random toys the author couldn't even be assed to reskin to look like plants 'n' shit.

Matter overdrive is advertised as just guns and shit from star trek.
It contains guns.
From star trek.
And other star trek content.
But mainly guns.

>that pesky tranny
He's not even a tranny, he just convinced reddit he is.
Which is honestly fucking hilarious.
Were it not for the fact that he's still a faggot, I'd commend him.

>ignoring half the post just to go "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK AGAINST GOD-KING-QUEEN VAZKII"
You're the kind of person that eats up "the suits" putting memes into games because it's all the rage with the kids, aren't you?
Put some effort behind your shitposts.

Noted. Any good way to theme it? Default choices are all ugly.

What the fuck do you have against Matter Overdrive? Botania tries so hard to be a big mod when its content its so dull, specially the concept behind the mod of flower power generation. Matter Overdrive is not a big mod, what it does it does right. Botania tries to do be very centralized and adds a lot of things not focused on the mod concept. If the mod separated the flower generation from the extra stuff like decoration blocks, many of the tools and such it would be better.

>He's not even a tranny, he just convinced reddit he is.
What did he mean by this?
>archive.is/jkx4O

Someone said he retracted that at one point.
That being said, I couldn't give a damn about his personal life.

what mods should i install alongside gregtech?

or to fully enjoy it should i just play it by itself with maybe a few QoL improvements like NEI?

i love vakzii so much he created a mod named "quark" which is simply fucking amazing if you haven't given it a shot please do because it is packed full of amazing features that dramatically enhances vanilla