Looking to buy a truck...

Looking to buy a truck, but I literally will only use the bed of it once in a blue moon (camping or helping friends move or maybe pull a boat if I ever buy one). It has to be 2013 or newer, and I'm not willing to give up my sporty acceleration I'm used to. What are my options? Are they all the same?

Burban

craptor

Dude if you can get the RAM R/T then get it you fucking nimrod. You'll be the fastest truck blowing the doors off every shitty truck out there

ignore this retard OP. The Ram R/T has nothing over a normal Ram except it's 2WD only.

Just get any V8 power truck and you should be fine.
The Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra is the most reliable with a 5.3L V8
The F150 is next most-reliable. Get it with the 5.0L Coyote. Avoid the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 models. The gas mileage may be better, but they have a tendency to blow the turbos as soon as the warranty is up.
The least reliable truck but also the most innovative is the Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi V8

Nissan Titan 5.6

Honda Ridgeline

get this bad boy

2.7 L ecoboost f150, or Silverado 5.3 L are both acceptable and reliable vehicles. dodge is unreliable as fuck. Dunno about newer model years though

The 2.7L Ecoboosts are still too new to know their reliability, but judging by the 3.5L variants, I wouldn't hold my breath. They're plagued by turbo problems.

>buying a truck when you don't need one
Kill yourself. You could buy a boat and a truck if you got something older.

The Ram but look for one with an 8speed trans.

As long as you get a v8 and dont fuck with any airbag suspension, electric bullshit tablet dashboards youll have a truck that will last longer than youll want to keep it. Trust me im a mexican from texas, half the people in my family daily 25 year old chebby and dodge v8s with no more than an afternoon here or there or drunken maintanence

Do the ones with the 6 speed autos have problems or are you just saying that for the mpg gains?

The 6 speeds have a reputation for being very weak. They are about at their limit with a stock Hemi.

I just bought a Ford truck and overall I am happy with the purchase enough to recommend it to others.

The interior and dash is all very cheap and seems to be a solid piece of plastic that is very prone to scuffs/stains/marks/etc..... but I imagine this is because these are work vehicles and it's very cheap to just swap out the plastics and pass it on to the next buyer.

I had the option to go with either the 3.5l ecoboost model or the standard 3.7l/v6. I chose to go with the latter mainly because I remembered that autist mechanics video on youtube about how all ecoboost engines are guaranteed to be fucked down the road

great power. easy to pass. accelerates great. only con is the fuel economy is SHIT. I am talking 12~ mpg tier for city travel

My dad just got a '16 platinum edition f150. That thing is sexy as fuck. Just purely based on aesthetics though, between the Ford and Dodge, I'd go Ford every time just for ride and interior comfort

The GM twins will be more reliable though.

Lmao, gm reliable at anything. Stop shilling cuntboy.

keep laughing as I drive by you with my 5.3L V8 while you're on the side of the road with 2 blown turbos.

#rekt

Any new vehicle with turbos are going to be shit and blow themselves up eventually if you dont do an EGR delete

I run into your family all the time at the junk yard. nice people.

Lol you got me. That was my favorite spot to go with my dad as a kid