Why don't I see more people driving mustangs? they're affordable at $10k

why don't I see more people driving mustangs? they're affordable at $10k

why do I see so many shitty boring sedans instead of cars like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>boring sedans
some people need 4 doors I guess

because buy and large most people own shitty appliance cars as opposed to sports cars

Because not everyone is a boy racer and prefer having more cargo space and better fuel economy.

Mustangs are everywhere

plenty of teenagers out there to drive them most people grow out of them

Because they are too small for me and I don't want a mustang.

Mustangs are 75k in this hellhole of a country, way too far from affordable for the average wagecuck here

>RWD live axle shitbox that can be out-cornered by a fucking corolla

Maybe because normies can't into seasonal tires and don't want to go off the road

Also insurance rates (because mustangs eat crowds for breakfast)

Is this how you rationalize not owning a fun car?

>live axle shitbox that can be out-cornered

does anyone seriously give a shit about this? people just want to drive a nice looking car, not race like teenagers.

The GT's are commonly bought as weekend cars, which is why you find a good few as low mileage cars. Their owners sell them later to shithead teenagers who break the rear end out once and end up in a

Sad that Veeky Forums doesn't realize the potential of a late model GT.
>hurr durr they handle worse than a corolla and i actually believe this because i ride a bus

Most Mustangs handle rather poorly from factory prior to the S197 2011+. Thankfully, they can be made to handle fantastically with relative ease due to the aftermarket being absolutely immense. A Fox, SN95, and especially the S197 can be made to carve very well with some basic frame stiffening and dampers, springs, revised suspension components. The earlier ones are relatively lightweight as well. If more than half of the posters weren't under 18 we'd have a different view.

>but they are driven by shitheads, as I am one myself. pic related.

oh god the focus

>next to my miat

except most Mustang owners arent the brightest and will try to race anything for no reason

Same reason I don't drive a miata. I don't want people to think I have a small dick

damn, that's true, gotta take that into consideration

I do own a fun car but some of us also need at least a modicum of practicality.

step away from the camera forever

>frame stiffening
>easy mod

Fucking grasping at the straws here lmao

> why don't I see more people driving mustangs?

Where do you live that you don't literally see 100 or more a day?

Stiffer springs and dampers, big brakes and some decent rubber was all it took to make my stang track capable.

you can really go off the deep end when it comes to mods, but even with simple upgrades like you said people would be amazed at what these things can do

because not everyone is 16 year old autistic hicks

*are*

>why don't I see more people driving mustangs?

Where do you live? Here in Alberta I see 50+ a day, mostly newer ones. Even now in winter with 6 inches of snow on the ground I see multiple 'Stangs a day.

Not the boomers here. They got 500hp GT's and still take 5 fucking minutes to hit the speed limit.

>why don't I see more people driving mustangs?
Where the fuck do you live? I live in Phoenix and I see Mustangs everywhere, mainly V6 models.

Why don't more people get muscle cars in general?

The world runs on shitboxes.

Fuck this timeline

Mustangs actually sell fairly well in the USA, well for a sports car. 122,349 sold in 2015. Compare that to a Honda Civic that sold 335,384 in 2015.

oh ok
Maybe there is hope for muh V8 future

The only downside to that number is a lot of those sales are v6 stangs. And the Camaro sales, which is 77,502, is in a similar boat.

Small victories

Main problem with mustang are the idiots driving them who cant drive worth a damn

Because motorcycles shit all over them and offer a much bigger rush.

Cars are for old men.

Now here's a bit of curiosity. How many of you UK Veeky Forumstists are gonna give the new right hand drive mustang a chance? Is it really that big a deal to want to stay away from American muscle just on principle?

There is a reason that the Mustang is the best selling coupe sports car in the world. It's by no means a bad car with the exception of you need to feed it fairly often.

they're everywhere in the midwest, i think most people that buy them are either high school kids, mid life crisis football dads, or old men who realize they cant afford a ferrari before they die

Shut the fuck up organ donor

Because I'm not a (16/40) year old who needs to impress his friends, nor am I a woman with the brain of a hamster.

I own a motorcycle and a peppy manual 4 banger. I'll outrun you on my $3k sportbike any day.

looks like shit desu

the real problem is the price
in the UK
a mustang GT (v8) is ~35k
a BMW M3 is ~55k

in the US
a mustang gt (v8) is ~32k
a BMW M3 is ~65k

pile on the larger difference in insurance and fuel costs and the two are MUCH closer in price than in the US

then add the stigma of "american" brash-uncouth attitude and you get the sentiment you can often find in anti-muscle car threads

Just really, incredibly homosexual sounding.

We like muscle cars in the UK, people won't avoid the car for being American.

All these musclecar hate threads come from Europoors who don't like anything other than 4 cylinder BMWs

Mustangs are associated with bros and teenagers.

Because actual luxury cars are faster or can be as fast than/as early model mustangs while being actual luxury vehicles to boot and the actual 400hp 5.0's are still about 20k at the cheapest.

Also I don't want to pay those insurance costs desu.

I never realized how truly tiny Miatas are until I brought home a 5th generation Camaro.

And Corvettes are associated with boomer.

So, where do Challengers and Camaros stand then?

I only ever see women and teenage dudes driving mustangs. Why?

niggers

no, niggers like chargers, 300cs. and bimmers

Because they are garbage American

Niggers also do Challengers and Camaros.

t. Detroit

> can be as fast
who cares? no one actually race these

Not everyone is a manchild who needs a VROOM VROOM RACECAR to race people at stoplights.

>the stigma of "american" brash-uncouth attitude
That's not very nice, from personal experience outside of friendly internet shitposting most Americans don't seem to have any problem with Brits

Stereotypes aren't very cool

because when people try to buy fun cars such as mustangs, those fucking retards buy the v6 versions.

people who buy the v8's don't really need to be persuaded to buy one.

if i were you i'd stop complaining, because if some normie sees this, he's gonna think:
>wow this user is right, i should buy a mustang
>hmm, the v8's are too expensive, maybe i should buy a v6
>wow the v6 is really good amirite, who needs a v8??????

and that's how we get more retards driving shitty cars filling up the roads.

>inb4 hurrrrr current v6 makes as much power as an older v8
>inb4 i am too much of a poor piece of shit to afford gas & insurance on a v8

because mustangs are for horsecock afficionados

Then you'd think muscle would be popular

I drive one, they're a shit ton of fun

I definitely agree. The feel in mine is night and day from before I upgraded my suspension. Post mods, it's like a different car for less than $1800 in parts for a complete overhaul.

That feeling when Veeky Forums tells you V6 Mustangs aren't cool, but it still beats riding the bus. :^)

This. Fucking mouth-breathing idiots.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY

Where I'm from (NC), every 10th car is a Mustang. It makes them a super boring and uninspired choice.

that channel really hates cars

is there any affordable car that looks good that doesn't have a "bad reputation"?

haha I know who you are. What up AZ nigga???

Fucking hell, this so much.

You know, most of those wrecks could be avoided by them just taking their foot off of the accelerator. But you gotta feed the stang.

I live in New York City and mustangs are actually pretty fucking rare here all in all. Makes me feel pretty special.

When I drive out to Pennsylvania however, they're everywhere. I try to make mustang-to-mustang bro eye contact but they're never responsive. I guess because mustangs are so commonplace in middle America.

I see the 4cylinder and v6 mustangs everywhere here in Las Vegas. Surprisingly is very rare to see a v8 mustang

It really makes no sense to own a GT unless you live in the boonies. You really can't legally harness that power.
Also they aren't practical for daily driving. V6 mustangs can pass, however.

Oh shit, waddup.

There's a kid at my school who drives a 2010 V6 mustang with hockey stripes and a "BOSS 305 HP" sticker. He plowed it into the hitch of a pickup doing a neutral drop and dented the hood. Teenage mustang drivers are idiots

T. 2008 V6 stang driver