Are there any other SUVs comparable to the Range Rover?

Are there any other SUVs comparable to the Range Rover?

I'm not talking muh status symbol and just purely luxury, but the interior, overall looks, and performance. I have been looking for a 2010-2012 SC version with low miles and can't justify purchasing anything else for the 30-40k price tag.

Tell me about their shortcomings and any problems, other than the suspension, those that have owned one long term.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBGfCiZmRAQ
google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=range rover supercharger failure site:www.rangerovers.net
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just buy one from carmax and get the warranty. It'll pay for itself.

Carmax doesn't really have a good selection, but I definitely plan to get a warranty on something that doesn't already have a pre-existing warranty or CPO.

It's hard to be as terrible as a range rover. So, no.

>deug demure meme

g-wagon is the only thing that compares really

I was afraid of this. Way out of the price range I am talking about.

Some the Lexus 4WDs are similar.

I love RRs, I currently own 2 and have owned 4 throughout my life. O3 is the best model all around if you can find an full HSE and low km.

My sister has a supercharged one and loves it. As far as i know she has not had any major problems with it for over 2 years now.

What can one expect as far as maintenance goes? Can oil changes be done at home or is it recommended to take it to a dealer?

Which year model?

Chevy Tahoe

Cheaper, more reliable (wont break down whenever it rains), more capable, doesn't look like a tall hearse.

MB GLS?

With the RR's reputation of unreliability I'd wager the MB a safer bet

Both the Lexus LX570 and GX are better in every aspect.

Except of course, exterior.

Land Rovers are unreliable pieces of shit. If you are looking for a comfy and capable off-roader the Lexus and the Mercedes G Wagon are much better.

That disgusting mall crawler you just posted is not even in the same category.

Everything is more reliable than a land rover, but at least a RR can go off road, unlike that minivan you just posted.

Toyota Land Cruiser

the newer tahoe models are too pigfat for me.

nothing against mercedes, but their designs do nothing for me, aside from the AMGs, which are notoriously unreliable and out of my price bracket

>exterior

If you don't like the exterior that much you can always get a Land Cruiser.

Nissan Patrol

Both vehicles are going to suck ass off road with 20 series rubber bands for tires. The 'hoe has the engine mounted the right way and a real 4x4 system, it's definitely not a minivan. The RR is even 350lbs heavier than the Tahoe (depending on the trim), so technically the RR is pigfat.

How is the RR going to be good off road when they can't even make it to a Starbucks without a supercharger replacement? Goood luck making it to a trailhead let alone going down a trail.

land cruiser + 5k for a supercharger

Would be nice if there were any to match my criteria
>30-40k
>low miles (under 50k)
>2010+

while there are easily RR and RR sports that easily meet this.

on another note, why are these so damn expensive?

Because engineering components to last 30 years is not cheap.

because they're indestructible
plus luxuboat
plus big fat v8
you don't even need a supercharger

kek of the century.

youtube.com/watch?v=lBGfCiZmRAQ

the guy probably meant the lc
there's a reason why their prime markets are the middle east and aus

At least recommend the Z71 package.

They're as comfy as the Lexus counterpart.

after taking a quick look at autotrader you can get either the lc or the lx570 for a bit of a stretch with the miles,under 60k

the same people who drive range rovers are the people who are middle aged women who drive bmw just for the status symbol.

>.Says Land Rovers are unreliable and recommends GM trash.

At least get an Explorer or Expedition if you're going American.

There is no other luxury SUV that is as luxurious.
There are plenty that are more reliable. Land Rover anything has a reputation. Mostly electronics.

Reputation for having bad electronics you mean?

If by reliability that is the only downside, I can take it. I meant something major that would affect actual drivability.

Any one have any engine/trans common issues they can comment on?

Fuck I really want one.

They're just put together badly. And a lot of the parts are very expensive.

Electronics as in the ones that make the car GO.

Example??

IIRC Tata is working on making JLR products not suck as much ad they did and it shows in their newer models which i don't think fit your budget

Volvo XC90

>"culturally enriched" hot rod version of a 25-year year old work truck
No

>new ecoboost engine is more reliable than a 40 year old V8

Yeh Nah. I like my rods in the block tyvm.

>poorfag that probably listens to fedora rap because they don't talk about "money, drugs, and hoes"

kill yourself my man.

>teenager that idolises a nig-rig prehistoric truck driven by Kim kardashian

who would want a piece of shit that is a range rover?

people who appreciate design, clean lines, off road capabilities, muh v8, and who aren't poorfags

today's range rovers are pajeet engineered pieces of shit with aluminum unibody, street tires as standard equipment, and fragile, high maintenance drivetrains and vehicle systems that are liable to leave you stranded unless meticulously maintained.

and the old ones are all fallen apart by now, btw

>That complete lack of ground clearance
This thing is designed to look big and flashy when you and your crew roll up to da club to get your nightly crunk on.

>mexican landscaping truck with a trunk
>luxury
AHAHAHAHA. The only way you could've made this funnier is by posting a Coonillac.

At least you can throw some mud tires on it and raise hell without grenading the drivetrain like a Rover.

>Sandnigger/nigger "truck" with leather, shitty electronics and a trunk
>luxury

nice Tata bro! Don't you got some curry to eat? Mr. Singh?

Don't you have some cousins to fuck, Cletus?

>British
>Accusing others of being inbred

I don't know where you're getting that idea from because neither has anyone in this thread ever stated their nationality, nor can you assume that I'm the OP or any other poster except for the one you've directly replied to.

However the only people who would ever not only consider GM shitbarges luxury but even recommend them are Americunts, so congratulations for winning the retard lottery.

Modern Range Rovers are pretty good reliability wise. Mercedes is no peach when it comes to reliability either.

at least gm is somewhat reliable

Unlike the Range Rover they are actually good cars. You can find a nice LX470 in your price range. Even if it's 10 years old it will feel newer than a 3 year old Range Rover. Range Rovers and Land Rovers age horribly, every time I've had the displeasure of working on one or driving one I've thought that it must be at least 5 years older than it turned out to be and laughed when I looked at the vin

There are literally no Land cruisers with the same miles/year/price bracket as the OP. Get real. While I agree that the toyo are more reliable and better built, it's not comparable to what OP is describing

>Modern Range Rovers are pretty good reliability wise.

Fuck no they aren't. They eat superchargers for breakfast. A Mercedes is like a Toyota reliability wise compared to a Range rover.

>They eat superchargers for breakfast
explain yourself

>tfw Doug single handedly make range rovers hard to find at carmax lots

google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=range rover supercharger failure site:www.rangerovers.net

I know people on their 3rd replacement.

They have a R E P U T A T I O N.
Do you know what 'reputation' means, user?
It means that I, who has never owned a range rover, knows that it won't run for long without a crippling electronics fault.

> His country is more in favour of marrying your female first cousin than marrying a man you're unrelated to
> More school shootings than anywhere else on earth
> Accuses others of stupidity and inbreeding

Newer model big Land Cruisers are excellent and incredibly comfortable.