/gowg/ - Gears of War General

REVIVE ME Edition
December 6th Update: gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

When will the Gearsmas packs be taken out of the store? Anyone know?

Jan 4th I think.

Damn, that's a long time to get my gingerbread skins.

Also, does anyone actually play pub horde games? All I get are quitters on waves 1-5 that ruin the whole damn thing.

Pub Horde is a nightmare, you have a better chance of completing it on insane but even then it's rare.

But none of the players on Insane stay past wave 8 usually. People join and there's one low level guy on the team, or they don't like the map, so they bounce right into another Horde lobby as soon as the match starts.

There has to be an early quit penalty for this shit.

I mean if you want to be that harsh then there should be a way to only search my rank or above. I shouldn't have to carry a level 3 who picks an engineer or scout and has never completed horde.

>Join pubbie horde, normal
>BEFORE the first wave even begins, not just as we're walking about, BEFORE THAT but AFTER the match has started
>user has left
Fucking raged. People like that should be banned from horde for 24h

What was the Easter egg only available for today?

Since TC plans to rerelease the UIR packs tomorrow, is anyone gonna organize horde runs today?

How long will UIR be up this time? Till the 4th like gearsmas? Less? More?

TC stated that "They will stay live through early January for at least a week."

Nice

why is it if I don't post, the thread dies.

does this game have a lot of people on PC?

I agree, you should only be allowed to leave on wave 21 or after wave 50
but then again
>get into match
>level 4 engineer
>level 9 scout
I always leave if i see shit like this
this

Public horde has the dubious benefit of possessing a pretty active playerbase, which means you can find rooms pretty quick but because of that you can also get matched with the numerous idiots inhabiting them.

only on social, core and comp are ded
horde and campaign have crossplay, so you will always find people to play with

Social isnt dead, i've been getting full rooms all day.

I just said
>only on social

Ah, must have read it wrong.

it's ok user

WE WUZ LOCUST N SHIET
>t. Swarm

been playing this on xbox but was hating how shitty I was playing with the controller, finally installed it on pc but barely meet minimum specs with first gen i5 and gtx 670, recommended is medium settings, playing horde getting 100+ fps and looks better than xbox version...this game is amazingly well optimized...

RazielMGS for people who want to play horde, I am low level on every class but I have not had any trouble playing normal up to wave 40 or so...

You didn't read it wrong. His grammar is just poor.

It should have read.
>Only on social; core and comp are dead.

The way he wrote it implies that social, core and comp are both dead and alive. Which is obviously impossible.

Do you pick up power when you arent the scout?

no, i type in not too and people do it anyway, watched a heavy using only shotty and also had an engineer build 5 sentries and no barriers, killed the whole team

Euro friends you let us die.

Sentries are kinda overrated. yeah they do a great job if you place them correctly depending on the situation, but they're not disposable like barriers and decoys. they slow down the process of leveling up the fabricator since repairing cost doesn't boost fabricator's exp. also they're questionably expensive to meet the demand.

I consider sentries the last thing you should ever make. They're basically luxury items to get when you have a surplus of power, and even then Hammers and Mortars are probably a better investment.

this

>it's a "people spend money at the fabricator when they aren't the engineer" episode
we're on re-runs at this point

why don't the euros ever post?

i love wasting my team's energy >x{D

Too busy getting their teeth checked or actually playing the game.

they need to add vote kick so we can kick those retards

Along with mid match making

yup
how fucking hard could it be to implement these two things, it would go a long way in fixing this shit

>8 years since the first horde
>still no mid matchmaking despite the strong demand
why

can you fags not let the thread die this time

dammit euros, you could at least try

Someone good with the cyber should make a bot to bump the thread desu

A bump in the night.

UIR pack will be back in a few hours. clench your locust hole!

>be level 5
>yeah I think I'm ready to run insane now
That's what these people say to themselves as they que up for for Horde. When someone told the Soldier to suicide before the wave began so the Scout could pick up his energy he asked "How do I kill myself?"

I'm afraid to kill myself for the scout to pick up the power because the last few times i did it someone always left.

The dangers of public horde, where people see top tier strats as a sign of a failed run waiting to happen.

Yes, if the scout doens't collect every power.

UIR pack is back

Yay

Still missing elite UIR male after 12 packs. fuck.

I wish I could get some UIR packs, if only credit earning wasn't so slow.

I only had enough for one pack, but I got the female epic card.

I got fuck all from it like last time. RNG is fun.

If only we could trade, user. I have 2 of them and would give one up for either Elite Lancer, Elite Snub, Elite Torque, Elite Longshot, Elite Hammerburst. Gotta have all them blues.

>trying to teach how to speedrun foundation to some shitters in my friend list
>they can't manage to do anything that isn't a 2 hour turret simulation
>scout keeps getting downed even without 2x dmg or takes ages to pick up the power
>the other guys can't kill the hammer leftovers and constantly get wrecked, especially by guardians/sentinels
>I can't do any of this "difficult" tasks as I am the only one with a lvl 4 hammer, and my versus buddies who aren't shit at this game either do not play horde or are away for the holidays.

just.

Daily login reward for today is an ice Boomshot skin.

Have they got rid of tea bagging by not showing the enemy screen after a kill?

4 UIR pakcs I bought.
aspho UIR male twice and none of others, this is not good.

yes

Bamp

You niggers need to learn to post more

Goddammit

maybe he has that bounty about building stuff.

>missing one uir character and 10 skins
>still manage to get 2 packs full of duplicates

Then why not play engineer

>24 UIR packs
>Still need the same 3 skins from when I only opened 17 packs

Fucking kill me family

Where my carmine bros out

Where the fuck is everyone

>Christmas noobs

Just went 25-1 on TDM
Only reason I died was because my controller disconnected

Kek

Bump for fucks sake

Nah, let it die

Its okay to leave before the game has begun, as in, before it actually loads up the map. Its not okay to leave the second the map has loaded up.

>Jump on crossplay
>Decide to play a little cautiously, but not buddying up
>Someone tries to push me
>Rip 'em to shreds with lancer, pull back and reload
>Their friend came over to pick them up
>Down them both with an active reload and close range
(Idiot should've shotgun pushed me then picked up their friend, but nope.)
>Kill both
>Grab retro
>Kill everyone else
>Feel gud

>Next game
>Teams mixed up, I follow the same pattern
>Down one guy, get shottied, take it as a fair death
>Come back and play it cool from afar, no more deaths at all, a few more kills, enemy team loses
>Repeat for another 2-0 game win

Fuckin 'ell, XB1 players can be fucking clueless at times. I mean, fair enough, not all of them are bad, don't get me wrong, but it definitely seems like the console players have a much bigger proportion of idiots to good players than PC players do.

Mind if I add you? Nutty R
I'd like to play along with /gowg/. I've not got my horde skills all cranked up yet either, but I know my role as a heavy (best class for me) and if necessary I'll do engineer at times (not got fuck all cards for it though) and I don't fuck around like most fuckwits seem to.
Teamwork is the definite critical skill to completing it.

well the problem is it doesn't show people's levels before it starts, and i'm not sticking around to carry a bunch of sub level 50s on normal or hardcore, let alone insane

What, their engie/sniper/scout levels, or their player rank level? Because if the latter, yes it does.

no it doesn't, unless they patched the game in the last 12 hours or so, you can't see class nor player levels in the menu before starting

there's a much bigger playerbase and a lot more casuals. Pc only has the most dedicated left

this

As a sniper in Horde, should I be aiming at the carriers head, or chest? Obv using headshot bonus

Np, I hope more of you guys add me, I'd like to get some horde shit done, I'd also like someone to actually text what they want done instead of shooting me

you get on a turret and shoot them with that

Obviously. I'm asking if it does more from headshots or chest with sniper

who fuckign knows, there isn't really anyway to test it since they all have 6 gorillion HP

Just finished Gears 4. Glad The Coalition didn't do a 343 on me tbqh. Is the ending suppose to hint at Kait being a descendent of the locust queen?

>the gears forum is in complete tatters
>the UIR thread has almost 3000 posts
>still now response from the coalition

seems like her literal granddaughter

I figured something like that. Seems neat, I'm actually interested in Gears 5/6 now story wise.

>almost 3000 posts
top kek no fucking way

why my NAT is moderate how I change that?

you sit on your ass and wait
failing that, continually reboot your internet

Just got through waves 7-50 on insane thanks to proper teamwork and voice chat. Fuck me, that was FUN. (I joined mid-game because someone left a friends game)
Now I know that with us lot, we'll be able to go 1-50 insane and not have to deal with the usual shitty people leaving all the time problems or bad teamwork.

>Got 5000 coin
>Buy my second UIR pack
>STILL NO FUCKING UIR SOLDIER SKINS
Fucking hell, I hope these packs hang about for a while. I know two packs ain't shit, but for the price they cost, it would've been fucking nice to have ONE guaranteed player character skin.

it's a crime against humanity

>mfw Gears 5 will be E-Day 2.0 with robots

>You will play as a DB in GOW5
Calling it now.

Yo if Kait got swarmed and starting leading them like myrrah that would be dope af

spoilers you idiot, for the 2 people here that haven't already completed the campaign

While I hadn't mentioned anything myself, I'm glad I completed the campaign just the other day.
I am miffed that hardcore and insane give the same achievement though.
I only completed it on hardcore, I won't lie and say I did it on insane, but it was still a little annoying that when I do go through it on insane, there's not going to be a way to really prove it was insane and not just hardcore.

Fucking fun end chapter though.