[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

dank memes edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE SEM LOCATION (UP TILL 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
(Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Post webms

almost rekt

just got a wr500

liar

KEK A DOODLE DOO

>see phone mounts cost ridiculous amounts for a bit of plastic
>Have sheet metal lying around
>Angle grinder is 1/4 the price of phone mount
>Purchase it
>Need to purchase blade, extension cord.
>Go to fab something up

>Fairings in the way
>Or covers cluster

Starting to make bracket and realise it looks like shit, especially since it's on a brand new cbr1000rr

>Why

it's funny how when shit goes south it seems to all go south at the same time. at least it looks like the truck didn't hit anyone.

Damn scooters confirmed master race

What bikes did they use in rollerball?

Yeah, the guy who was about to get hit by a truck was the one who uploaded the video. He said the trucker hugged him because he was positive he killed him.

Almost is rarely webm worthy

> holidays
>awake since 5 am
>looking at overwatch memes
I hate my life

Fuck I hate watching clips like this. I've ridden for 6 years like an idiot at times (atleast I admit it) and I've never had a fall. I feel confident that I'm safe and then I watch something like this and realise a dog running across the road could be all it takes for me to not come home to my family. Why couldn't my hobby be building models or reading books.

godamn that's intense. Did the pupper live?

>dog running across the road could be all it takes

Dont blame the dog. Blame the irresponsible pet owners.

you just uploaded a webm of literally nothing. Slamming the brake hard enough to skid my tire while wheelieing is at least something.

Doubt it. If it did, I don't think it did for very long.

Look at how he's desperately trying to hold on with his ankles

There's no denying that a good rider can work with anything, but sometimes you need to admit that there's a right tool for the job, and scooters are the right tool for being too poor for a car in southeast asia.

Anything you can do well on a scooter, you can do better and easier on a proper motorcycle

Animals that run in front of big scary noisy things moving at hihg speed are pretty retarded. I blame them and the owners.

I love oval tips

>Payed $10 for car phone holder
>Drilled 4 holes in the base
>Zip tied to bars
This was my solution, was 1/6th the price of a bike phone mount

Won't fit on my bars :(

sad.

RIP poor doggo

Lrn 2 rekt m8

What do you consider a "proper bike".

Could be worse, he could have been caught looking at loli in public.

650 burgman

MSX125

DRZ400

mazda miata

>2 wheels
>manual transmission
>not underbone
>wheel diameter greater than 15 inches

Same anton.

tw pls

anyone tried the avon av80 3d sport?

>Washing out with gravel with pigfat KDX

I think you should try a new bike.

That's not washing out

This is washing out

not tw

Well fuck, just realised my gfs phone armband thing she uses while running fits on perfectly

Post bikes

>People reminiscing on what they use to ride

>Young guy films it to get recognition from people online who he doesn't even know

>Acts like he will never be old

The fucks wrong with you

>tfw cold out and broken baiku

go fix your harley, its leaking

I can't stand any cruisers but I'm not going to laugh at guys in wheelchairs for liking a brand that was big back in their day. Grow up.

fucking millenial

>50 years from now sportbikes will be unrecognizable
>honda will still make them like the old days
>we will sit around on mobility scooters and look at them in repsol liveries
>"y'see that kid? that's a kickstand, we had em in the day, bikes looked reeeaaal cool leaned over in the garage"

sorry i passed you a little too fast, or didnt wave at you, pops

>grandpa whats internal combustion

>like nuclear fusion but you don't wipe out tokyo when you crash

Figure out what the damages to the bike are yet, or are you still stuck in crutches?

dont tell me this.

They will be ilegal because emissions control and self drivings cars will be norm.

Fuck these feels

>tfw 50 years from now motorcycles and anything IC are banned
>only self-driving electric shitecoboxes
>the feel of riding a motorcycle will simply go extinct and will be forgotten in 100 years
>a whole culture dies and with it the magic of traveling the world on 2 wheels
>rossi will just be read about like random gladiator from year 160 you don't care about in 500 years

Nah, i'm walking fine. There was a big crack in the nose section and a broken headlight mounting tab, so i'm getting those plastic welded back together, then I can get that and the two side fairings repainted so they match, plus a little touch up on the tail. Then I have to decide if I want to replace the clutch cover or just get some protectors to cover up the scratches on it.

>covering up scratches on your clutch cover
y tho. I leave the scratches on my timing gear cover for shits and giggles.

I'm trying to get it back to perfect or at least perfect looking, and scratches on dark anodized aluminum draw the eye like a fucking light show.

Unless you live in russia

>comrade, why are you walking? global warming is benefit to siberia. putin say, no liter is same as having none of the peter!

I guess. The scratches give it character mane. All about them stories.

Post your meme bikes.

calling drzfags

do you guys actually change the crush washers during oil changes? i have a few but is it really necessary?

The scar on my leg is plenty for stories.

How the fuck did you crash anyway? I think I saw the story on here previously but I couldn't really piece it together. Did you run wide or something?

>coming up to a hairpin
>going way too fast
>attempt to brake
>just slide on shitty tires
>stop trying to brake and try to turn too late
>kiss the guardrail
>drop bike onto other side
It was pretty goddamn stupid but shit happens.

>blaming tyres

To be fair his tires did have wires showing.

They were also pretty squared away and shitty. See his bike slipping in this webm.

How am I blaming the tires? It's my fault for trying to ride on tires worn down to the cords.

I think i'm going to cut this section out and mount it on my wall to remind me not to wring tires out this far. And at least now I have something to post when you start memeing about tendies.

What helmet cams does DBT use.

I'm looking to get a cam for myself. video quality and battery life are my biggest selling points. I'm not to concerned with price

Honestly man you should just tone it down a bit on the road. You push really hard for no reason. I've seen you cross double yellows way too many times for my liking.

Tendies meming is meming, but that shit's just trying to end up hurt. The 80% rule is the way to go.

Post boipucci

>video quality and battery life are my biggest selling points
>not concerned with price
newest best gopro, multiple batteries or battery bypass mod. chin mount with sugru if the angle is too tough to fit a standard mount.

Ehh yea that too, I think we're going to build a race bike for next season so I'll be able to let off some steam there.

y-you first

Hopefully I'll be able to get some leave and come back in-state a bit to fuck around and meme a bit with you guys.

Just don't crash before we can race on the touge again.

ill pass on that but here and some strips cause i am pussy.
will look into that thax boss

Get some leans before you get a cam

want one more for reasons that have to do with tons of people have tried to kill me already and I have no proof. at least if I die someone can find cam and know what happened.

drift ghost s

Fuck the stupid little shit dog, that's deer-tier retardation; while we're on the subject, FUCK DEER too, goddamn.

Merry Xmas /dbt/
I love you guys, here's doppelviffer

More speed, more rear brake.

Smells like fried alternator

Noice. I'd love to ride one of those to see how they're like.

>week off

I have so much and so little to do at the time... I don't even know.

Alright, so my mum just decided she wants me to get her an XT600 (she used to have that when she was 20), but I'm not really a fan of that, any alternatives for easy to maintain and ride middleweight dual sports?

DRZ400S, XR650L, DR650

Just get your mom what she wants you fucking nigger

whats the name of the game in your pic again?

happy wheels or something

This, what a fucking nigger.

Bitch told you what bike, stop trying to change it.

thanks for the suggestions. these bikes don't really fit smaller people without a lowering kit, no?

i'll see what I'll get a good deal on, I don't think she'd like it if I'd spend 2000€ on a motorbike, only so it has another name on the engine.

now I just have to see what I'll be treating myself with, now that I have this other cost factor included

Anyone over 5"4 can ride them fairly comfortably.

right, thanks m8

proof?