Complete fucking newbie here

>complete fucking newbie here
>just off the boat in the land of the free, where half are in jail
>automatics are commonplace

I'm looking for a stick shift, I have around 4k to buy and license the car
I come from Brazil (inb4 monkey) and have no idea where to look for cars
Any suggestions? Browsed through craigslist but that looks shady as fuck.

Did you try reading the fucking sticky? You should try reading the fucking sticky

I read the fucking sticky and the fucking sticky lists good models to look for, not where to look for them.

craigslist.org

I found my first car on autotrader years ago. I've heard of people swearing by craigslist but I don't know.. I'm sure times have changed. There are other copycat sites now like cargurus. I would try all 3 options to narrow it down. Autotrader and similar sites let you filter by price, milage, engine, trim, and yes, whether or not it's a manual transmission

Not my fault you're a dumbass

Not my fault your country has installed so much bureaucracy that one can't buy a car at a dealership without paying a shit ton of tax.
What I'm asking for, in case it was not clear enough, is a website or something of sorts, where I can buy a good running vehicle for a decent amount of money without being robbed blind.

Maybe you should just fuck off back to Brazil with the other shitskins since it's so bad here

Eu compre um carro no craigslist no problema :^)

If you don't like it you can go the fuck back, no one will miss your ugly Brazilian ass

Actually you should go back regardless since you're clearly too much of a fucking moron to use Google

Well, you see, my country is too much of a fuck up to run anything related to politics, therefore I'm forced to go elsewhere.
I'm not saying the rest of the U.S. is fucked up (though, some say it is), but your auto industry is fucked. up.

I can Google. I've used Google beyond your wildest dreams. I've resorted to Tor and Tor search engines. The reason I came here, was for enlightenment. Maybe some of you guys in Veeky Forums could know something about buying cars in special ways. Maybe a trick, maybe some form of special search. But all I've got so far was the same racial bias I get everywhere (just because one is born and raised in Brazil doesn't mean that he's a nigger) and google tips. So I guess either Veeky Forums doesn't know shit aside from mechanical or I got the wrong day to ask.

This is all you need OP, and don't forget the used car checklist when you go take a look

Don't mind the mother dependent, basement bus passers here.

I would suggest heading up on local dealerships that have used or buy back outlets, otherwise build up your credit any way you can to obtain a lease.
Before that most dealerships much like liquor stores need to have you some form of resident ID, preferred to be DMV drivers licence.
Private sellers are entirely in control of selling their property if they list their contact it at a public board or buy/sell site. Seeing face to face is usually when most sellers back out of sale or no-show. A dealership that can have sellers sell cars for a commission will do the contact and registration paperwork for you as it is not their job to turn you down as long as you fulfill basic requirement to have the car transportable.

For stick search for Ford, Honda, and possibility Nissan brands.

>expecting a monkey to be able to read
c'mon now.

Interesting. I thought about buying off-brand cars from brand dealerships, they seem to have a decent price compared to the shitboxes in local dealerships.
Already got the license at the DMV, I'm surprised they don't make you take a stick shift test.

Walk into carmax.
Tell them you want a manual trans
Tell them the price range
Leave a contact number
Say you are going to shop around
You'll get a call m8.

>4k
>carmax

preto macaco

If I may ask, how did you to get to the US legally?

I didn't. I'm living a sanctuary city.

You have to go back.

So how do you plan on registering the car, getting insurance and renewing the tags?

Anyway, my advice is to look on craigslist, or the newspaper for the best deals. Why the paper? Thats where old folks advertise.

Theres lots of shit on craigslist but you can find decent deals.

Six months ago I saw a 4 door longbed turbo diesel f350 from 1986 with 56k miles, for only $6,500.

Same week a 1987 w201 with a dead fuel pump for $800.

Both looked immaculate.

Avoid looking at cars that are popular with niggers, mexicans, and the poor.
So no civics and Nissans and that kind of crap.

>thinking about legally migrating
>working on a degree here in southamerica, probably will get another one
>will become a legal citizen to honor god emperor
>read this

You dirty fucking monkey. The point about going to the US is being able to adapt and be part of it. Not just "HUEHUE I NEED MONI".

At least honor yourself and try to be a legal.

Go back home monkey

You won't make it there legally. Its nigh on impossible. Niggerspics ruined everything.

Might as well try if i dont fuck up and get a job quickly. I plan on having a degree on car mechanic (or car engineering to make it look nice) and plan on either a degree on nursery or robotics. Besides, going illegally is dangerous with Trump's plan. All i can hope for is that he makes it easier to legally immigrate. Maybe allow a quicker route for those that join the army or the marines or something

Replace carmax with Jim Bob's cars then, it's right over there by the liquor store and across the street from the strip club. His method will still get you a car.

>website or something of sorts, where I can buy a good running vehicle for a decent amount of money without being robbed blind.
No matter where you go or what website you use it's up to you to not get fucked over. Buying a car in the states is rough if you have a small, set budget and don't want to/can't get a loan for a car. If your looking to buy a car outright Craigslist is the place to look to not get fucked over, but you have to try not to get fucked over because that's what most people are looking to do. I imagine people will try twice as hard to screw you over since your foreign/don't speak English as a first language. Welcome to America, good luck

>Trump
>making it easier to immigrate
Lol wat

sneak in now, and integrate before retard trump breaks everything because he isnt a politician

Its a chance that he does that.

The system is already broken because politicians broke it.

Trump wants to kick out the illegals and make it easier for skilled immigrants to come in legally.

There is a route to citizenship if you join the armed forces, but you need permanent residency aka green card before you enlist. So basically a non option.

You might be able to get a work visa on a robotics job. HB2, I think.
Most of them go to curryniggers working in tech.
But its a non immigrant visa that lasts 2 years (its renewable).

It will cost your employer over well over $30k in fees and paperwork to hire you though, so you better hope there is a shortage of skilled workers in your chosen field.

But car machanic? No chance.

>There is a route to citizenship if you join the armed forces, but you need permanent residency aka green card before you enlist.
Green card was the easy one. Still, i think that thing got thrown out of the window circa 2008.

I dont mind taking time to the citizenship. AFAIK with the greencard i will be just fine. My actual issue is that i want to know how likely is for me to be able to get a greencard if i end up working without a degree in the US. Even in Japan you can kinda work around the issue if you get some skill with a certain work or i think if you manage to provide certain income the jap gov will let you live in japan.

Are you fucking stupid or something? Googling; buy used cars, pulls up a shitton of websites and the top 3 were cars.com, Autotrader.com, and fucking dealerships near your IP, stop being a faggot

DA POLITICIANS BROKE MUH COUNTRY

ROLL IN THE RETARDS AND BILLIONARES

THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY

Maybe this isn't entirely related to the thread, but is the stick shift boogeyman a real thing in the US or just another unfortunate meme? I'm a yurofag, and I find it really strange how someone could be incapable of driving stick. It's literally easier than driving a bike.

You have two chances of getting a greencard.

1) Marry an American
2) Invest over $500k in a business that employs over 5 people.

You can get a visa to work in the US, but again, it is not a path to a greencard. You will either have to renew or go home when its over. You also need an employer to sponsor you.

So the best option for you would be to try and find an employer willing to sponsor you.
And while you're in the US, either marry an American, or save some money, and take out a loan to open or buy a business and get in on the Investment visa.

All the waiting lists for greencards are full. There is a 20 year backlog for people like you or me.

Spouses get first preference.
Those with direct family members willing to sponsor them get preference over you too.
The elderly and children get preference.

You as a single young male able and willing to work are at the very bottom of a list that is millions long.

Settle down, princess.

God damn it. I also wanted to see if i could go full /k/ and join the US armed forces but considering that i need the green card and they dont help you with that anymore that opportunity is wasted.

What a shame. Unless i married a yankee my opportunity is wasted and i really felt like i would fit in in the US :(

This guy

You're a retarded low life Brazilian male

No female is going to marry you, especially since you're illegal. Unless you go with a half retarded crackwhore

Listen to me. Don't give up.
You're basically me ten years ago.
Even wanted to join the USMC.

I gave up on my dream because I thought getting a non immigrant work visa was an excersise in futility.
I actually wanted was to move there permanently, not live in some state of limbo.

Even though its not a path to greencard, the H-1B is a great stepping stone.

Working there for two years on an H-1B even though its a non immigrant visa will open up opportunities for the spouse and investment ones.
You could even finish your studies in the US if you wanted too.

One thing you should not do is apply for the diversity visa. If you don't get in, it could hurt your chances of getting a non immigrant H-1B work visa.

(When I said H2B in earlier posts I actually meant H-1B)

i am not OP lol faggot. I aint even Hue-hueian.

Thanks for believing in me user. Will keep up.

If this will help with anything, i am pretty fucking white, manlet but quite fit and strong (5'7'') and i have german citizenship that i was told would be easier to get into the US with instead of the southamerican one

h1b is dual intent visa and is meant for skilled workers with bachelor's degree and certified work history.
while on h1b, you could (and should) start working on your permanent resident change of status, because you'll have in theory only 6 years.
spouse and dependents of an h1b can apply for h4 visa.
eb5 (aka investor visa) requires you to bring 1M to set up a business and hire locals.

applying for diversity visa isn't that bad while you're outside america.

1 - Not necessarily. Marrying a green card holder would allow the spouse to live/work in the US, however, these are getting trickier

2 - 500K applies for "targeted employment areas" which could be complicated.

The backlog actually depends in the nationality of the applicant. Chinese, Philippine and Indians are pretty much doomed. I140 wait times for Brazil was a couple months, not so long ago.

green cards aren't that easy.
you need a degree, a valid job offer, certified experience and pass a labor certification, just to get an h1b visa.
from there, immigration lawyers could charge you 10-20k to walk you through that and you'll have to deal with the wait times.
then, after 5 years you should get talk to them again if you want to become American.

skill sets and your potential job position will be analyzed/ranked by the DoL which will determine if you're "good enough" for America.