/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Best Collab Edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Tokyo Fanfest (December 23rd - December 24th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/34e70073fb0a9d3f7059d05394abe5faf882f0a2

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rAw8wv1QPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm ready.

xth for fugging and youtube links

youtube.com/watch?v=2rAw8wv1QPQ

Threadly remember that Garo items will be jap exclusive.

>mfw hearing Ravana's theme for the first time

>still haven't learned Creator (Savage)
Think learning parties will still go well in 3.5? I imagine i270 is what we'll go into Stormblood with, like Dreadwyrm/Augmented Ironworks, so there will still be substantial activity.
How long was Final Coil out before Hevensward' release?

We don't joke about that.

*helloposts ironically*

I wish.

question having fag from the last thread still here.

so basically the game is like every other mmo, equally as shitty as everything else i've played the last few years then?

knight of ishgard seeking female voidsent to trip down a flight of stairs and blame the dog pst

[muffled hello]

>How long was Final Coil out before Hevensward' release?
Like 8 months, the same time as Creator will be roughly. Expect it to be unlocked in patch 3.55 in March

I would say more so. Navigating menus is a hassle and rigidly singular, exploration is pointless and unrewarded, dungeons have timers and aren't even glorified hallways just regular hallways A to B.

Greetings from Hell.

>I wish.

What the heck is wrong with you?

good that shit is mad ugly

I like how they look to some extent, but I'm not really a big fan of crossover stuff. It doesn't really seem to fit with the game's theme aesthetically. Mostly, though, seeing everybody and their mother running around in those sets for 2 or 3 weeks after the event concludes is going to be depressing.

>unlocked
Oooo, thanky. Maybe I should wait to learn it then? So there's no penalties on how many chests are awarded?

>people still think the other job isn't blue mage

They told us at NA fanfest

Don't wait till March to learn it, 9 and 10 are easily pugable and 11 too with a bit of work.

>tfw alzheimers victim
Hi Santa! I didn't know you were a tanned elf...
That certainly does look like hell.
I'd say if you can find groups to learn with, go for it. If not, there's bound to be an increase in activity when it does unlock.

Is the game still cross server with ps3 and 4 or whatever? Like can I play on pc and my brother could play on his ps4 and we could play together in the same world, or are the servers different?

Yes

>exploration is pointless and unrewarded

The joy of exploring stems from the desire to see something new and exciting.

The servers are the same, PS3, PS4 and PC can all play together.

hello i am cat

How is character customization in the game? Like the creator and then armors and shit whehn you start playing. Can you actually look varied or does everyone look the same like WoW.

I am liking XV so much I'm willing to dive into an MMO and I hear this is the second most popular one currently. Is it too late to hope in, will I be lost?

Thanks for help ahead of time.

nothing like xv

can change your armor to almost anything

Cute?

Most armor sets nowadays are dyeable with like over 20 different dyes to choose from

I would say character customization could use some work but it's alright. There's basically "archetypes" of characters that you can make. Older face, younger face, height, hair colors, etc.

It's definitely way better than WoW's

How ticklish are your characters?

I'm confused as to why WoW even has one? It's so fucking barebones.

'w'

Very. Good job.

did they kiss?

The customization is.. kind of middling. Each race has like, 4 or 5 face presets, which you can adjust with 4 or 5 jaw, mouth, and eye presets plus some others. There are a lot of hairstyles, hair colours, skin colours, eye colours, etc, and some somewhat uncommon features such as hair colour highlights, but there's not a TON to work with. That said, it's not hard to make a decent looking non-sameface character, but it is easy to join the ranks of every other samefaced catgirl.

No glasses?
Looks nice, though.

>just noticed that the male mnk has sidebraids

that's actually disgusting.

Drop highlights. Drop freckles.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but the armour customization is pretty nice. Most armour sets can be dyed from a wide variety of colours, and there are only a few sets that I think look disgustingly terrible. There are a lot of nice looking weapons to choose from with each job as well.

Well shit I never noticed that either lol

i bet healers still wont be able to wear this shit
not that its a decent plate option anyways
fuck you yoshi

show ass

you too

The characters face/body customization is boring waifu pandering trash

Neat hairstyles though. The armor choices and color dyes are really fun thankfully.

Your suncat was cuter.

Switch back.

Thanks
Just dropped it in a random server to see how it looks. No items haha
Nah

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

FUCK

>tfw anticipating this response
I'm aware some people will be curious enough to want to see the parts of the map the story doesn't take you. And on a minute level, you'll see something new. Exciting, no.
In a game where there's practically nothing, one could find fulfillment in finding something not many bother to explore. But when you've played a game that just gives so much more, smaller worlds become flavorless.

casters and healers have a cloth set for this promotion :^)

>still avatarfagging
it was fun back in alpha/beta but it's funny how some people still can't move on lol

>waifu pandering trash
>any non-lala/midlander male
>highlander/roe females
wheut
I like this look right now... ;_;
I'll switch back some day, though.

>tfw best boyfriend

Check your moogle mail.

SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE

*enters the think tank*
do you think spider-man is a blood or a crip?
*exits the think tank*

Did you boyfriend buy you a PS4? I don't think so.

*enters the think tank*
a think tank is a collective group of people that brainstorm ideas and discuss them, not an actual tank or enclosed chamber of sorts
*leaves think tank*

W/ Glasses

nyope

wow thanks god bless you
mc

What have you done to that little one in the background?

Proof?

I just bought this on the steam sale, what server are the freshest dudes and hottest chicks hanging out?

I really wish that they'd unlock it right at 3.5 considering how stupidly easy it is and how many people are already at the point where the only thing really left to do is farm up every single set of gear to play every class. But I guess they still have to give a few weeks of lockouts to the people who are going to need the welfare upgrade tokens from Dun Scaith.

what's the point of this place

cool pic

I doubt he did anything, lalafell are beneath his notice. I mean, literally beneath his notice, he can't see them with his gigantic chin in the way.

it's just a set piece for the story

balmung, it's so kewl and fresh that you have to pay $18 to get here

Primal
Cuff of the Son
0/2/4
E

Paging Red. Come in, Red. We have a Kamen Rider emergency.

Haven't you ever seen a dryer chair at a salon? Jeeze.

absolutely nothing

pst...

And it's full of shitters that just wont leave

>tfw i'm the only good tekken player on balmung

Does anyone on Balmung need a Fat Cat? My retainer brought me one last night, but I already have one of my own.

it is a bit

How about you give me the fat thing inside your pants instead.

I'm flying Soft into the ground

>poor user still salty about having to pay dollarydoos for his ERP

ye where can i meet u

Ultros
Goblet 2nd ward plot 13
I'll be waiting here, probably afk

WITH NO SURVIVORS

I'm at the Alchemist Guild right now.

So what percentage of people fanta'd to Au Ra when 3.0 dropped and then fanta'd back to c@ later

I'd say at least 50%

I'd pay dollarydoos for ERP if it was worth it.

It's not.

Oh... well that was awkward.

I legitimately didn't know it was you.

>Dodging trash mobs is good for tanks
>Dodging as Drk means you loose MP
>Thus Drk is not a well designed tank

just dont DA DD with blood price up
its simple

It's bad class design to be honest.

Is there a trial for this game?

Which one?

Yes.

So i just finished the shiva arc in the msq, boy i really feel like the exposition and cutscenes are coming in hard as fuck like never before. Really taking control away, i forget there's a game behind teleporting here and there and walking to this or that place sometimes.

how would you make it better

ffxiv.ariyala.com
dervyxiv.wordpress.com/stat-weights/

You're not helping.