/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Abandoned Dream: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fzfsbc9KnIs
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Formless Oedon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AHH, KOS

PURGE FILTH

I WILL MARRY THE DOLL AND HAVE CONSENSUAL SEX IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION WHILE WE HOLD HANDS AND KISS

>I'll have you know that the correct name is "Kosm", my good gentlesir

It's Kos you beastly idiot

Did Ludwig and Laurence use Yharnam to create Mergo?

I'll start the rare gem posting this time.

fuck the doll
rape the doll

i'm the only one thinking a nourishing arcane gem is pretty cool?

gay

tfw thought this was a shit bloodlicker drop

Then it clicked

I'm gonna try slapping a few of those BSB gems onto a rifle spear and see what happens

But the doll is pure!

Godspeed

Hopefully will turn out fun at the least

Ludwig was just a hunter and as far as we know Laurence had nothing to do with Mergo. He's Queen Yharnam's Child of Blood given by Oedon. Annalise is trying to have her own because Cainhurst has some Pthumerian ancestry or wants to think it has.

What do the winter lanterns sing?

youtube.com/watch?v=fzfsbc9KnIs

Honestly frog-san I missed that

7.9% attack and 62.5 arc flat?

Brainsucker drop?

>Mergo is Oedon's child
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

yes

First few notes of the Dream theme

Can't remember if it's first or second

So we agree Oedon is MP?

who dis

good hunter is the father of mergo but when you eat three umbilical cords you actually become mergo and thus close the butterfly effect 3 starring ashton kutcher and jessica balba

I was only a little mad when I got it.

I have an arc build that could have used it.

Not sure why people shoot them off at short to medium range. It's asking to get smacked.

Agreed, I hope they leave and return after finishing the game.

>98

Now I'm gonna feel like an asshole every time I kill you and a shitter when you kill me.

And she still won't get pregnant.

Or marry you.

>Side note what are the winter lantern women singing?

Mergo's Lullaby, I think.

Goiddamned fucking new threads.

>2017
>Luci still think the LHB is more stylish than the HMS

CURRENT WINNER

Fantasy-tier Isz Watcher gems > Korean-tier offshapes tbqh desu

No, Oedon is formless. Mergo is his son which is why you can only hear him and not see him when fighting Wet Nurse.

>Isz Watcher

That's an Abhorrent Beast offshape. Watcher bolt gems are 27.2%.

You French Canadian or something?

Maybe that why you only meet her in a dream after gathering three umbilical cords?

formless means invisible

what leads you to believe this?
you guys are so full of shit about the lore

ring ring. ng. master logarius. fog. pass: bbg

>2016
>Acknowledging Lucy's existence

Soon. Why?

I know senpai

But what I'm saying is that fantasy-tier isz watcher gems which aren't even on guides are more impressive than perfect offshapes imo

You'll be French Canadian later?

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Formless Oedon

No, literally formless. Not invisible. Lacking any form whatsoever. There's nothing to see.

where on this wiki page does it say that oedon is the father of mergo?

In 2017 I'll say tabernacle and pancakes.

>some faggot with a tricked saif thinks he can outpace a HMS
lol
Saif users, not even once. They'd be completely fucked without that initial step-in R1, wouldn't they?

It's well accepted at this point. There are few things that are flat out said in Bloodborne so you won't find an item that says it outright.

Nice.

so you just made it up?

Fourth time someone has started amelia fight instead of fighting me.

WHY

I'm fine with 2v1 just fight me damnit.

So I'm assuming by the fact that no body is left, Eileen lives and retires from hoonter's work?

Sincerest thanks

Yes but that R1 is goddamn sexy for not locking players.

>There's nothing to see
That's literally the definition of invisible user, thanks for proving my point.

Oedon is formless and exists only in sound, has great connections with oozing blood and it's all but confirmed that he's the one strengthening us with echoes of blood channeled by the Doll. Mergo is also formless like the Wet Nurse and the shadows of Yharnam. We can make the connection that they were send by Oedon to protect him.
Also, Pthumerians unlocked the eldrich Truth, I don't know if this is another Great One or what, but they had magic and stuff. Since we encounter beasts in the dungeons it means they messed with blood not unlike the Church and the forbidden blood brought to Cainhurst is implied to be Pthumerian.
Annalise wants a Child of Blood and for that needs blood dregs wich appear in the blood of echo fiends, hunters. She is trying to mimic Queen Yharnam by having a baby with a Great One using second hand blood sperm instead of beckoning the real deal.

Don't you start it.

No, given Oedon's position as a great one, his lack of form, Mergo's lack of form, and the Wet Nurse's lack of form it makes good sense. This game's lore is based on putting the pieces together but you never really form the full picture. There is just little evidence that points to it being anyone other than Oedon.

Different user, but consider reading the description of the Formless Oedon rune.

Direct quote: "The Great One Oedon, lacking form, exists only in voice..."

He's not invisible, he doesn't have a body.

Why is it well accepted? Because Mergo is formless? Well so is Ocelotte in DaS 3, and thanks to data mining we know that was a censorship thing, not an artistic choice. Games rarely get away with depicting dying babies.

Plus, Arianna's child is definitely from Oedon, and that isn't formless.

The point that you're missing is that there is no form to see with or without insight/umbilical chords. There is no form. Being invisible means there is something there yet it simply cannot be detected with the eye. One does not describe something formless as invisible because it implies that there is actually something there but it simply cannot be seen. Formless means there's nothing there at all. It isn't invisible, it doesn't exist.

>tfw killing Rom, then running through Yarharhar to kill Darkbeast, then Durja and BSB

This is liberating. Any other bosses that that close together?

This weapon is boring.

Looking for help with Ludwig. I'm BL 41 and am ringing at the fog. Password is hunt

>Plus, Arianna's child is definitely from Oedon

How so?

>Plus, Arianna's child is definitely from Oedon, and that isn't formless.
Source? :^)

Spends the whole game in Oedon chapel, umbilical cord mentions Oedon by name.

Anyone feel like taking out Ludwig?
Ringing at fog, pass is bbg

Goddamn mobile posting.

OMW

>That immediate second blast

Noice.
Any other neat tricks for HMS?

>exists only in sound
Only in voice, that is. One of the voices that Caryll transcribed into runes.

Anyway, despite his connection to blood I still don't see how it connects him to the Doll. I always presumed we're borrowing MP's strength, since we're working for him, and Doll is the result of "Laurence and his associates beckoning the Moon". Unless Oedon is also involved? Seems weird to me.

> I reckon you could get a 23.6% triangle within 50-100 boss watcher kills

AhahahahahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> I'm attempting to get one triangle 32.4% blood attack and two 32.4% radial offshapes for a chikage. I reckon I'll hit it in 1000-2000 boss watcher kills

Ok user, I wish you luck but I can't let you go on like this. It takes 1000's of kills for people to farm a set of BLT offshapes from shotgun watcher, BLT gems from Isz Boss-Watchers probably have a 1/10,000 drop chance, if that. Then there's a 1/3 chance of it being rating 19 and either a 2/3-1/6 chance of being a useable curse depending on your standards. Then it's a 1-2% chance for an offshape. By all means farm those Watchers for the rest of your life, but 6000 kills later without a single BLT triangle, let alone a 32.6% radial, don't say we didn't warn you.

The Doll is one of the biggest misteries of the game.
Is she paleblood?
Why do we need insight to speak with her?
What is the tear she sheds?
How can she channel echoes?
Is she a Great One?
If Moon Presence dies she's still able to move and takes the hunter as her surrogate.

omw now

Thanks man your rock

>
Interesting, I'm not sure. Maybe because Oedon lost Mergo and then impregnated Arianna? I'm tempted to say they gave it a form just so you'd have something to murder for the chord. It'd be tough if she gave birth to literally nothing. Also, it's a copy of the things in Upper Cathedral which are supposedly botched Choir attempts to create a Great One. It's Oedon's failed attempt at a surrogate?

>Right as Ludwig 2nd form music kicks up and I get my hype on
>An error has occured

Okay I'm fucking mad.
Sorry brother.

No problem
as you can tell I'm absolute garbage at dodging Ludwig's first form

I'm the opposite. I've done his first form enough times to know his tells, but the delayed swings in his second form have a tendency to catch me off guard.

is this.. normal?

I think the choir babies are younger versions of whatever ebrietas is. I guess that's just what a half human half great one looks like.

Mergo is something else. My point is that there's simply nothing in game connecting Mergo and Oedon.

It's a statue, nothing to worry about.

I just got the game and 1-shotted everything up to the boss...do I seriously need to fucking farm vials again? Do I seriously need to run past enemies for 2 minutes again? This is tedious as fuck

fuck

ok, I'll bite this bait. Which boss? It's like 2 seconds to get back to Gascoigne assuming you explored and unlocked all the doors.

perhaps the doll became the moon presence's child, or the closest thing to one it could make, and it finally became complete with the death of its parent, following the path set by Kos? And the third ending is you actually becoming her own child, without the deaths of parent or offspring.

The dog on the bridge

That thing fucks with me every god damned time I go to Old Yharnam.

There's a shortcut nearby mate.

Are Kosfags the normies of Bloodborne?

I think your difficulty to accept that Oedon may be MP comes from the storytelling. As people need to deduce some things with the elements given, it's hard to make some new links.
You know that Gehrman beckon the MP to transcend himself, and that Oedon is a formless god worshiped in some places in Yharnam, so you can't link the two because MP had a body.

You can still notice that the Oedon rune looks very closely to an amygdala head and that some amygdala are invisible for humans and stuck on some Yharnam buildings, you even know they can talk in your head.

In fact, Oedon is similar to amygdala, but it's hard to link to it because amygdalas look like clones, and there's no single entity behaving like their master which would be Oedon.

With all these elements, it's easy to think that the main great one of the game, the one linked to the moon, and to the city of Yharnam (if it was the great one used to breed the pthumerians), is the oldest deity in the city/world, and it's considered formless since none besides few hunters and pthumerians were able to beckon it.

you didn't answer my question. Do I have to farm vials and you can't just spawn on the boss? What about this gasciogne? When I get there what do I do? He's the first boss where?

>kosmfagging this hard

Oh look, it's another person who's wrong.

I think the formlessness is a connection. I know what you mean by Arianna's having no form but it could be traits taken on based on the parents. Some kids take after one parent or the other. In one case Mergo could be formless as it's closer to Oedon and the other, because of the different mother, Arianna's thing has a form. Genetically, it makes sense.

But seriously, I know where you're coming from and I think the link is flimsy at best. Frankly, we have nothing else to go on. The community likely arrived at Oedon through process of elimination.

>Are Kosfags the normies of Bloodborne?

Good show fellas

that's still bullshit 1:30 waste of fucking time

>Internet Kos Defense Force is out in droves after getting BTFO'd hard

Dog on the Bridge???

With a completed level 100 build I could probably destroy isz boss watchers in under a minute. Factoring in savescumming and I could probably farm 10+ times in 30 mins. Even on a busy day working 12+ hours (I'm a professional chef) I could easily fit this around working, other vidya and general adult shit. I also doubt the drop rate would be 1/10k, maybe more like 1/1k or less

You're right this is insane, but unzipping on new people for Christmas 2017 cosplaying executioners would be worth it

cleric beast

That ain't a dog, man.

There is one recorded instance of a 32.6 bloodtinge gem dropping from Isz watchers.

One.

I said first boss you retard you couldnt' even figure that out

Oh, good for a second I thought you were saying the werewolves are bosses.

>>Genetically, it makes sense
Not him, but holy fuck

>Do I have to farm vials
Yes. Fortunately, when you get this shortcut I speak of, the area has a good route for you to farm 10+ vials. Four big guys and two wolves.
>you can't just spawn on the boss?
You spawn on lanterns. Hence, the importance of shortcuts.

>What about this gasciogne? When I get there what do I do? He's the first boss where?
You'll know when you get there.

>waste of fucking time
That isn't a healthy attitude to take my dude.