/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 26th:
887 – Berengar I is elected as king of Italy by the lords of Lombardy. He is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy at Pavia.
1799 – Four thousand people attend George Washington's funeral where Henry Lee III declares him as "first in war, first in peace and first in the hearts of his countrymen".
1825 – Advocates of liberalism in Russia rise up against Czar Nicholas I but are suppressed in the Decembrist revolt in Saint Petersburg.
1898 – Marie and Pierre Curie announce the isolation of radium.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11960943
strawpoll.me/11961004
youtube.com/user/surray01/playlists
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

white and based

Is it autism?

4th for mp when

W&B

I claimed and then used acceptall to get my three rightful clay provinces from Italy in return for the Southern half of their nation and future support in any reconquest of their cores held by Austria.

Then I noticed that instead of just being an Entente member Italy is my puppet now. Is this working as intended? It seems kind of strange.

haplogroups

FUCK YOU

Join the steamgroup

Could HoI 4 be fixed with a few expansions?

"no"

land of the free

Maybe. Even if it is, the autists here will still hate it.

Once great wars become available, it won't take long at all to finish this.

Also, I feel like I should take Rome, and stop there. Thoughts?

Can we move HoI3 to the war games general? DH is grand strategy as it involves politics and HoI4 just barely passes but since we rightfully kicked out Stellaris we need to finish the job and get rid of HoI3.

>2

"no"

How do I trigger the dissolution of the Austrian Empire?

Yes, that's how it works.

>some faggot removes games from OP that have been there forever

Idiot.

You have to go back

fug i just noticed, that's pretty fucked.

tgarygrigsby

Just an autist. It will be rectified.

MEIOU AND TALEX 2 WHHHEEEENNNN???????

Go back to your own general

Doesn't matter, wargames are still welcome here as shown by the polls last thread.

Why did all of this North African clay that was mine all game suddenly flip to Germany?

It will realistically never come out

They've promised too much and Paradox will keep fucking it all up with DLCs before they can even catch up to the last retarded DLC

Does anyone knows how the economy works in Superpower II?

wtf is this, where is the build liquor factory button?

get rid of your debt before spending anything
ignore propaganda unless your people are about to revolt
focus on government to get rid of corruption expenses

I'm 100% sure these autistic "go back" fags are carpetbagging casuals from either the steam group, some stupid chat program, or reddit.

Such intruders last but a week at most. gsg is forever and there will many strategy wargaming memories shared and had for a long time to come.

What about the resource stuff?

Reminder that by popular choice, wargames are accepted here while HOI4 goes to paradoxplaza.

Wargames poll
strawpoll.me/11960943

HOI4 poll
strawpoll.me/11961004

Anyone saying otherwise is pic related

>steam group
>r&i, the supreme Grandijugendführer takes out wargames from the infopic without consulting the thread first

how new

>tfw removing kebab

is there any better feeling in grand strategy?

>Retail
>"Increase Production"
wut

Removing Frogs as Britain

H-HAYAI

I bought EUIV and Vicky 2 with all dlcs for xmas
Whats the initiation ritual to shitpost here?

Is EU VI good? How many DLC do I need? Is it worth it to play as anything but as an introduction for noobs?

Well that didn't go well. I hate to be a scrub but if these 24 divisons are wiped I'm going to have to savescum as losing so many men with my pitiful manpower is a game over against Germany.

I have won the American civil war as the CSA, will I have events for war against Canada or will I need to declare it manually?

pls respond, or am I doomed to wiki articles and trial and error?

Besides the obvious meme arrows, what else is wrong with HoI IV?

should've invaded scotland

The trick is to invade in two places at once against the Anglo

post großgermaniuns

Dont worry about it really, just spend on environment and education to increase agriculture production and service industry

youtube.com/user/surray01/playlists

give me idea on what to play on any grandi stategy game

also tourism spending is worthless unless you've maxed all other bars

First großgermaniuns, then THE WORLD!

ai sux
national focus trees would be cool but there's like 10 of them
there's little depth to... well, everything. you can figure out the game in a day.
Because of all that world domination is piss easy, if a bit tedious. Basically we're waiting for the dlcs to overhaul shit.

Slovenia

CHINA.

Why play HoI 4 when you can play t.GaryGrigsby?

>September 2, 1942
Greece has been annexed into the Greater Italian Union

in what game?

Are you on an event chain or just cleaning up the Balkans?

I really don't know why. It's like playing with play-dough as a five year old versus actually holiding a gun and firing on the enemy at the Somme.

>have X AND not have X
how the fuck does this work

Vicky

Cleaning up the Mediterranean, my event chain ended a long time ago.

How much of a challenge is to take one of the Rus princes and build an Empire or something even bigger in CKII? How much of a challenge if you pick Rurik himself?

That's a shame, I was expecting some further commie Mussolini memery from KR events.

you have the modifier and the flag. the Modifier expires after like 20 years and your good then.

Things seem to be going surprisingly well. If I can mop up these divisions in the South without that huge stack in the North breaking through I think I'll have them.

what's the difference between freedom and equality? Equality sounds like gommie shit desu

>tfw you re so autistic that you remove a game from the op.
if you re going to remove shit at least add something else so we dont have a black hole in the middle of it you pathetic spastic

desu

>October 12, 1942
Operation Messalla is underway. The First Republican Guard Army has crossed the frontier near Vienna while the Second Republican Guard Army, supported by the Yugoslavian Army, thrusts into Romania. In the south the army is engaged against the fortifications in Thrace but are prepared to take Sofia within the week.

You might be better off using supporting attacks to take Lincoln and Manchester and destroy that stack in Birmingham before they can redeploy.

The third battle of Exeter seals the Syndie's fate. Soon the retarded gommies will be confined to America and Spain.

Oy vey, it's like a another 1066!

Difference between light and regular infantry?

Light infantry is slightly worse than regular infantry but it's faster, cheaper and takes less time to produce.
A middle ground between infantry and militia.

Does light infantry fare better in jungles and difficult terrain?

Light Infantry have hard/soft attack, less manpower, greater speed, and require less IC/Time to build.

Yes, slightly.

Piratefag here. Do i have to manually install updates for HoI4?

Can someone link me patch 1.3?

Manpower's a bitch. You'd think I'd have more coming if with 80% of France under my belt.

Less hard/soft attack*

It's because you're using all your manpower to reinforce, probably.

France has little manpower, it's one of the greatest problems for the Comune, guess they still feel the losses from the Great War.

>Germany went syndie
Man I missed that.

Out of all the things you can pirate you pick hoi4? It isn't even worth your disk space.

Good borders for hungary on vicky? Thinking on doing a turanism meme game and sharing the balkans with the based ottomans, should I conquer serbia and wallachia?

I have pirated them all. I want to try the modern day mod. I need a good modern day GSG

Not only is Germany Syndie, the German Empire owns the East Coast of the US.

What a fucked up game, how does that even happen?

Syndies BTFO
The skies over Britain must have been hectic with the the airfoces of the entire Entente and Germany attacking Union fags wherever they were.

No hopefully I get few years of peace to rebuild my manpower before war breaks out with Germany.

DH probably has a better option, but generally /gsg/ mechanics dont work in modern day diplomacy and politique

the carpathian basin, excluding Croatia is Hungary's natural borders

The US went to war with the PSA who were guaranteed by the Germans. With the Germans now only in Africa I'm considering switching to Germany and releasing the Federal States of America.

Eu3 guy here, my norman empire. I also have some stuff in America and the Maylasian Straits, if you wanna see a culture map or religion map, ask :^)

That'd be sensible.