/ORG/ : officially s n o w r o l l i n g

Post Christmas rigs and other Off Road certified goodies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8DV-josbxeA
overlandbound.com/ultimate-overland-checklist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well I was supposed to go to six flags magic mountain in California today but my wife isnt up for it due to time of the month.... she's down to hit some trails In our new bronco though, so I'm about to go break this thing in

That night being stuck in the ice fields of -1 degree weather reminded me that I need to keep at least 5litres of fuel in my toolbox, two cans of cod liver, and a sack of tea candles. Good I did it close enough to my hous because in the moment, you don't even want to drive (dribe) one more minute that necessary.
That's a reminder to all snowrollers and especially
S L U S H R O L L I N G
faggots out there who happen to be cause in this unseasonable warm weather. I blame the swamp.

Maxtrax has always done little for me in the aforementioned terrain condition. They aren't meant for light / wet snow. At least, without the aid of some rocks or trees for added friction. But at that point, it's just easier using the winch. On my 2wd Colorado, we had these little boots that you would place over your actual wheels that would dig into the earth. Kinda like that simpsons episode where Homer drives his car with the parking enforcement boot over it. Metal chains help too and are cheaper tbbh fampaii

Also PLEASE find that video.

>gopro on the right
>spooplight on the left
>3rd gen taco directly in front
This man knows his prior titties.

>new
>bronco
picc one

also
>six flags magic mountain
>more like
>sex with magic fags: mount him

Also! That doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. Go break in your wife, user. Take some california winter pics on the trails too and have some fun with those coursers that look like their near the end of their lives (the best times;)!

Speaking of which, what's your guys loadouts for trail running? I got a box of MRE, 2 gal of water, tool box, ammo can with assorted repair items like light bulbs wire zip tiea electrical tape, shovel, rain parka and trousers, walkie talkie

It's new to me dude and that's what matters. Also, yea the tires got me super skeptical bro. They got plenty of tread but fuck they are definitely not meant for anything other than the street and maybe some smooth dirt roads. But like I said this is gonna light trails and sight seeing mostly. My buddy who now owns my old TJ is coming along too so we can park mine take his on some of the more serious stuff

Bring a ratchet. Both the tie you down (wife) kind and the multiple hole, one-size-fits-all kind (ratchet). Pic related - guess which one!

Bad puns aside, I carry all season: aforementioned ratchets, Spade, Hatchet, Jolting Wires, Rem700, Machete, Buckknife, a giant piece of magnesium, spark kit, zipties, first aid kit, extra underwear/socks, old pair of shoes, and of course a Taylor Swift album. I also keep codeine and weed to tithe me over for cabin fever if I'm stuck in a rut alone.
September-May, I carry hunter's orange and a full suit of -5 rated camo along with a -20 rated sleeping bag.
As for food, Cod Liver being instant energy and the used cans are great for fire. They also never go bad even in 30+ weather kinda like MREs. Then some vacuum packed pieces of crackers you find at the shitty grocers. MREs I find too expensive and annoying to cook if you don't have access to lots of boiling water.

Fuck I do I miss the breakfast omelettes though. Everyone absolutely HATED the bad, preserved eggs of MRE breakfast omlettes but they had the nostalgic "eat or die" aesthetic taste to them. 3/10 would take one happy bite out of them again and throw it out instantly.

Hey if you're gonna upgrade, might as well get some new shocks and lift it another two or three inches. Make the wifey look even smaller (unless I'm thinking of another Broncfag).
No but really enjoy it. Nothing bumps like an old 2nd gen Bronco / K5 / Ramcharger and damn does yours look to be stock and non-rusted whatsoever.

Fuck man you pack for an overland excursion! How long do you stay out usually? I mostly do casual day trip shit and park and hike a few miles. Only once have I overnighted and that was when things went horribly wrong and I was forced to stay with the rig

And yea I'm the same bronco guy with the tiny little woman, she's 4'11. The tires are 31.5 so I might upgrade to 33 AT later on, and I've been looking at lift kits but I'm about to go on a sea deployment in like 3 months. Mexican style chicken stew is the best MRE

>it's 79°f here in FLA

S A N D R O L L I N G

This is actually just the standard load out when I go North or East more than 2 hours. I put all this shit in my built-in toolbox with like 2 extra sweaters. Things like hatchet or machetes, I just leave in the empty slots on my gun rack or on the ext. Cab floor. All of this takes very little space.

If I actually oberland, I prepare by bringing more clean water, legitimate food (so im not forcing down 3 tins of fucking cod liver and rye), a portable stove, top for the vehicle, larger knives, fishing rods, spears, and whatever the season calls for.

Though, they just end up as camping excursions or farm-house hopping instead. Just do what you find to be fun or... necessary. );

>Beer
>Jug of water
>Jerky and funions
>Come along
>No less than 100 feet worth of straps and two or three 7/8 clevises

>gopro
Wish i had one, i think you're seeing my weird-shaped ditch lights

But ye I went out with a 2nd gen TRD Off-Road and a 3rd gen TRD Pro.

I was the only one without 4x4 and desu I was having an easier time than both of them with just a rear locker (and lots of LEDs for maximum traction!!!)

>moderately jelly

this is a good question. always want to hear about other people set ups

i have a few trail spares with me at all times:
-belts
-hoses
-fuses
-assorted nuts/bolts
-spare driveshaft
-full size spare tire
-extra coolant/diff oil/motor oil
-probably some other things im forgetting

i also carry a full set of tools, 5 gal jug of water, recovery gear (tree saver/straps/hi-lift/etc.)
if going for a few days i also bring a case of beer, cooler full of food, folding saw, shitty axe, work gloves, cooking set, folding chairs and tables, headlamps, knives, flashlights, lanterns, etc.

pic related is my rig in the walmart parking lot picking up a few extra things i forgot a few weekends ago

WHERE IS MY FUCKING STICKER YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

/org/ stickers?

new tail lights on the truck today

fucking god damnit

some user was making them
they were looking pretty sweet

Guys i need a new 4x4.
Preferably japanese.
What should i get?
In america btw

>the survival of the fittest

its the arctic trucks slogan

pulled this out of a salvage yard as a late gift for my trooper, now it wont have to drive around looking so lewd

has /org/ ever done meetups? I think rallying around some back roads and having a bbq or something inna dessert/woods could be fun

I've already submitted them to WAT and we're working together to get these things out as soon as we can. It's still going to take a bit of time so just be patient

-Tacofag

cool

For the most part we're a bit too spread out for a meet.

There are at least a few of us out in San Diego, and I'm gonna try to get a meet together soon. I'm waiting on YJfag to buy up that sexxy truck beforehand though, since it would kinda suck to be at a meet without any vehicle

would be amazing but theres really only like 12 regular posters on here at this point and everyone is pretty scattered about.
would be pretty difficult to organize

nice man thanks again for doing that
also sick dubs

>J70 on norwegian plates and sitting on AT405s

fuck yeah

im coming to trysil on thursday or friday with my AT btw

Watch out for the danes - absolute fuckstons of them now, creating havoc both on the slopes and the roads

here's what yours could look like

i will

yeah for like 20k
fucking lmao
just drive in the snow faggot

>could
Bitch give me a few years and we'll see what its like

Probably getting some 31x10.5/11's next summer

>implying 31s will take you anywhere near that direction

kek i love this place

thank

Nah there's this guy on here with a raging hard on to fuck tayposter or some shit. Tayposter ain't gay but there's this other literal faggot who's jelly. Some faggoty love triangle keeps us from serious meets I think

>Tayposter ain't gay

Holy crap, I'm late to the party again... Murry Christmas errybuddy from Roudolf Diesel

I didn't find the specific commercial, but I found a compilation of different commercials that include it. There's also another commercial included with a log pile too!

youtu.be/8DV-josbxeA

>Independent front suspension to step over bumps INDEPENDENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently my loadout consists of my tools, recovery straps, a floor jack, spare set of wheels/tires and a T5 transmission for a Ferd Mustang because I don't have anywhere else to put it.

I need to stock up for oberlanding this winter. Any suggestions as far as things needed to start out?

Im up for a meet in Northern Michigan. Anything farther I would need to actually fix my oil leak instead of perpetually "getting around to it".

didnt realize that things a diesel, fucking sweet man!

>I need to stock up for oberlanding this winter. Any suggestions as far as things needed to start out?

this guys list is pretty decent: overlandbound.com/ultimate-overland-checklist/
some of the stuff is a bit redundant but better safe than sorry i guess.
i like his suggestion about dividing everything into cases, organization is truly key.

besides who doesnt love cases? rubbermaid action packers are my favorite but they are pretty pricey. those plano cases he recommends in that article are really decent for the price. i have 2 i got from amazon.

im this guy btw

I'm not gay but I'd hold hands with Tayposter (maybe even interlock fingers)

I just got some new meats the other day

not gay but I want taytay's feminine benis in my shitpipe.

im straight but i like to fuck guys haha

Did you forget already, crowfag?

lol
eat shit dubless faggot

probably the most common tire in the off road world for good reason. they last for fucking every too.
im currently running st maxx's and really like them so far.

I have a Jeep ZJ, how do I become offroad.

>hand holding
>fucking
Two different things, friendo

I thought about Grabber AT/2s but just figured I can't go wrong, I've had the non-KOs and they were great, and I get wholesale TireRack so the Grabbers were only a few bucks cheaper

haha yeah man
i mean its kind of the same though haha

As someone who's run the General Grabber AT2s on 3 different vehicles I'd say they are awesome. But you can't go wrong with the new BFG AT tires, I'd love to try some, but they didn't offer them in the size I needed for my S-10. Can't wait to try the AT2s in the snow with my 2wd S-10 w/ lunchbox locker, it should be fun... Ha

you made the right choice. grabbers are good tires for the money but if you could get the bfgs for nearly the same price thats a no brainer

Hey taytay what are you doing with the fucked up winch bumper?

there is no reason to be a cunt machine when neither of you rolled dubs.

R E D E M P T I O N

thinking about heading up to uwharrie this weekend for the fuck of it
anybody been there during new years? how bad is it?

>filename
kekd

>double dubs

i like this place you guys

PLEASE DONT LET THE SUMMERFAGS AND THE MEANIES RUIN PLEASE GUYS

S N O W R O L L I N G

Better pick. Sawmill trail btw.

>sawmill trail
Is that in Joshua Tree? I've been meaning to do some camping and 'froading up there

no, anza off the 317. Just a couple miles away is the Santa Rosa trail, a more popular one that will be easy to help you find this one. It was closed when I went up there, santa rosa that is.

Sounds like something I'll have to try out once the snow melts

that was the deepest the snow got and it wasnt like that the whole time, I was in shorts and a tee-shirt with no heater on hahaha

Well I'm only 2wd locked which means that my truck spergs out in rain and snow

that sounds ideal
i am so jelly of westcoastfags

upgrade when?

also, checked

I feel, but there is no snow on the roads, and only on the top 2/3 of the trail, and it's only ever like this for like a few hundred feet at a time under trees.

Okay I need some ideas i have a few things coming in for the truck here this week and will be putting things on and also moving things around if i need to an yall can see that part on my Instagram at @YoursTrulyJakeee go follow and ideas what i should add on or what. i plan to do a vinyl wrap eventually and redo the tint to 5% all the way around #TexasStyle

no

>falling for this low tier bait

Upgrade eventually

Need to find a 4x4 donor Taco because I'm too nostalgic to get rid of my Taquito and Prerunners are made to accept the 4x4 components: T-Case, Drive Shafts, Front Diff, Spindles, CV axles, and all the electronics bolt right up to te truck

Ah okay. Sounds doable

sweet light bar faggot.

Lub your 4 runner. BTW

Not set yet on what to do for cargo storage. I want to maximize the back space for sleeping, and a giant RV grade AC is up top back from the ambalanze days. A trailer is an eventuality I guess...

Yep. There's a 6.5 turbo diesel under the hood. Not a perfect motor but it's the only diesel option in a suburban besides a 6.2 in a squarebody.

>How to off-road
1. Get in Jeep
2. Drive until no cell service
3. ???????
4. Profit

Update on bumper? Also, I want one now for mine because by the way the crash was described that bumper saved your ass.

Every time man...
Every time I'm hit with the feels for my old YJ

No... just no...

If jackwads like you can have a following I bet I could get a decent audience.

>Lub your 4 runner. BTW
haha its a land cruiser but thanks..
i feel you on the sleeping platform though. that is my current goal as well. i want to get it to extend above the wheel well, should give the wife and i an extra 2 feet of width.
something like pic related is the goal.

Classic ORG reaction images. We're just missing a few arctic truccs, crow with the finger thing, and the yellow YJ with the sepia filter on the CL ad.

Also:
>lub instead of love

thank........s?

Be nice to the crows
I'm in Shanghai, Chinkland til like the 3rd. It got rekt'd 16 hours before my flight was due and I just washed off the salt and parked it in my mom's gay-rage until I can deal with it in the New Year. Every 50th car is a porsche here and I've already seen 3 maybachs. Neat.

I called bae's dad who actually works at the Ferd plant here in Ontario making shells. He said the bumper is almost completely fucked due to metal fatigue (normally) so even if they could bend it back, it wouldn't be that sturdy without some sort of bracing. I'll see what the fab says with his type of steel but that apparently is mainly the case.

I guess on goes the stock bumper and I'll have to wait another 6-8 weeks for a winch bumper again. (I JUST FUCKING DID THE WIRING ON THE WINCH AND FOG LIGHTS, TOO). This is all if the frame of the vehicle is still intact.

As Michigan guYJ said, the winch bumper almost definitely saved my ass. That and also the fact that it was a 2001 chitty protege.

Thanks, faggy!
Can't wait to give you my clammy shekelzzz

post butthole pls

>As Michigan guYJ said, the winch bumper almost definitely saved my ass
this is how i plan on justifying a $900 arb front bumper to my wife

>mfw its working

>mfw
>I've only seen two jeeps here
>one is dribing DOWNTOWN SHANGHAI
>fully kitted out snorkel, dark orange and shiny
>35 duratracs
>untensioned winch (I could pull on the fucking thing so it hasn't been used once)
That and like all the fucking porsche cayennes here.

ARBs were something I was looking into but they cost something on the lines of $1500 for non-headlight protecting winch bumpers. If I wanted the tube wrapping, and separate fog light holes, I would've had to pay upwards of $2000 plus a few hundred or so shipping up to Canada.

If you can find a $900 for "safety" reasons, fuck do it.

Ever since the one incident with the ice fields mentioned , I kept an offroad boot in my stock colorado. After that, I'd have 26 snow tyres, studless due to city driBing. However, if I wanted to go reckless into another icefield, I'd be clever and attach winter chains. Too large of a diameter will fuck up your wheelwells but I did so fine chaining only the back wheels of my 2WD Colorado I-5.

I'd recommend a similar setup for 2WD
>S L U S H R O L L I N G

You do know that tayposter is a guy, right?

Derp... I meant to say LC, my bad haha.
While raising up the bed for storage underneath is good for storage, IDK if I want to do that in my case, as I'm 6'3" and still want to sit up in the back if I want to. With the rooftop AC, I have no need for the factory rear AC, so that'll free up some space if I yank that out. Still in the planning phases of my conversion.

For the record I am Roudolf Diesel Ambulance Suburban guy in Michigan who used to own a YJ 10 years ago. Those pics are my old YJ haha.

>>I've only seen two jeeps here
sounds like a fantasy world
built jeeps are basically all i see around here when it comes to 'rigs'

$2000 for an arb is absolutely crazy i dont blame you at all.
the $900 im looking at is definitely more reasonable yeah. since i can hold my winch and get a bit of added protection. even though i imagine ill probably winch a couple times per year at most.
i dont like how it doesnt have rated tow points though. might end up going with dobinson or slee for that reason alone
the arb is just so classic though idk

glad your enjoying shanghai though, that has been on my list for quite some time.
maybe one day..

yes user, he is definitely aware of that...

its not only good for storage, if you can get the platform above the wheel wells you will have a lot more width to spread out on.
i feel you on the headroom though, that is an unfortunate sacrifice. with sleeping in the back of the truck everything is a compromise though

>Paying 2 grand for a bumper
Shiggy

Steel is cheap, you could build an identical bumper for $500 or less. I got an 8' length of 4" x 8" x 1/4" square tubing that I'm going to make mine out of and some 3" x 1/4" channel for the mounts

>be in china
>lil maos everywhere
>lil mayo
best part desu senpai
Nah, I'm only here 4 days and I ship off to HK in 1 so not "enjoying" it. I did find morphine over the counter so I know what I'm doing on the planeride back. Biz is biz.

Are tow hooks necessary given where you're capable of going? You'll always be able to hook to the undercarriage frame from where you are especially when you get an aftermarket, 2 inch higher winch bumper that allows you to access the undercarriage of your burb more easily.

[spoiler]You know, I thought that the other guYJ had a barndoor burb and lived in NC or some shit. I just ended up trolling myself by calling you guYJ. Fuck it's too late for this shit.[/spoiler]

Fuck, that's what I said. Though, the one piece steels are more sturdy than the tubes. Especially since I don't trust myself with macro welding / soldering.

Make sure to post some pics, user. As mentioned above, due to the collision, I'm again in the market for a "new" winch bumper );

tfw it wasn't Michigan yj guy, it was yellow California yj guy, but ok

I'm not throwing this together over a month. I won't be able to/cant afford doing a "big" setup with lifting, 37's or similar, rear locker and so on for a long time due to needing to work up the cash, and as such just putting on some 31x10.5's will be an easy job as I won't have to do anything with the flares, lift it or any other work

A lot of people give them shit, me included... still, my reasons usually lie more with the drivers who get these and either use them for their mall crawlers (go figure why they're called Mall-Terrains), or think that these are beastly MT tires that'll take you fucking anywhere

OK at a lot of things, best at none. The two old 95's on the left there run unmodified BFG AT's all year around, and just looking at them I'm surprised that they're actually able to deal with the kind of ice and steep roads we get here, but there you go - I haven't ditched one of them

>I did find morphine over the counter so I know what I'm doing on the planeride back.
pls b safe

>Are tow hooks necessary given where you're capable of going?
i think youre confusing me with burb guy, im this guy but even so, your point stands i can always just hook to the frame. i just dont like the idea of an aftermarket bumper not being sturdy enough to support me.

You are without a doubt the weirdest poster I have ever encountered on this board

Oh fuck this. I wish I crashed my Ranger with no survivors.

Hmm How is the aftermarket bumper not sturdy enough at that point? If you're in the community, you could always try and find a fabricator like I did to build you a bumper (or find imports and then customise based on your needs).
I think if I got tube light-guard add-ons onto the plain bumper, it would've cost me approximately $300-$500 more. Which would be fine if I had a porsche cayenne or FJ cruiser. But my ranger headlight covers are like $20 to replace.

Also muh supporting local businesses and building relationships with your mechanics and other commie bullshit like that.

>tfw summit Santa came

It's like a second Christmas