It's ironic that we spend most of our time perfecting the exterior looks of our cars while the interior...

It's ironic that we spend most of our time perfecting the exterior looks of our cars while the interior, where we spend most of our time, is neglected. What are some cool interior mods for cars? I want to drive a portable hotel.

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/we-drove-a-citroen-c6-and-it-was-better-than-our-wildes-1703876075
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am not sure if you would consider this an 'interior mod' but one of the biggest differences I find among luxury car brands and econoboxes is the suspension. Driving over some manhole covers feels like you're gliding on a cloud in a Benz AMG but feels like a massive pothole in my Mazda3

well I guess it would count since it affects the interior

what specific parts of the suspension would you say are superior in the Benz?

Interior mods?

most people go meme led lighting but i like the softness of globes for interior lighting

Gotta do my headliner its the only 'mod' i do besides headunit in all of my cars

Don't know many, but stuff like head unit/audio system and some better seats make a huge difference

In my shitbox I've done the following:

>leather heated seats
>suede headlining and pillars
>leather steering wheel
>leather handbrake/shift gaiters
>leather doorcards
>LED shift knob
>white LED conversion on dials/heater controls/window switches
>plain black fitted carpets
>nicer pedals
>nice pioneer headunit, better speakers

I soundproofed and fitted electric windows - originally was bottom of the line with manual windows/mirrors and a horrid cloth plain interior so quite a few bits done but still doesn't feel as fancy as I'd like it to

pretty good. what do you think about soft material on the seatbelts? they get irritating sometimes

I wish all my cars had front seats that could slide far enough forward and lay down flat enough to pull off the headrests and form a flat surface across the rear seats. That, a good media center, an actual fridge and hot plate would be plenty of "interior mods" but let me tell you if you want to sleep in your car a lot you'd want a separate heat/ac unit that runs on propane and some deep-cycle marine batteries and possible a solar panel just in case you kill everything.

photos?

Run a duct from the A/C into your centre console or glove-box for a makeshift drinks fridge

I really wish we got the Citroen cars with the hydraulic/pneumatic suspension. Jalopnik did a review of one that was somehow smuggled into America, and it sounds like the ride quality is amazing.

jalopnik.com/we-drove-a-citroen-c6-and-it-was-better-than-our-wildes-1703876075

Just four more years until I might be able to get one into Canada. I don't know how importing a vehicle from Europe would be like, versus the common JDM dealer network and auction sites.

I had a '91 Isuzu Trooper SE with back seats that folded down similar. They didn't make a yuge bed, but it was comfortable enough.

It also had the 2/3 and 1/3 back doors.

Would love to drive the autobahn in this interior while listening to some liquid dnb set.

blue and beige....are you arabic?

>citroen-c6
grass is always greener on the other side isn't it. I drove this car and it falls behind when compared to w211, let alone anything newer/higher class. While ride is maybe, just maybe more cushy than in w211, overall car is shit. Its fun for first 10 miles, buut you get very tired from rolling so much. Even when you brake or give gas its like someone is holding car with their hands so it always falls down. Meanwhile "sporty" bimmers of same class and benzes have all that without rolling like pic related and giving you massive vertigo

>pic related

No, I just like those colors, are you autistic?

getting so defensive
why

I really like those A8 interiors, but fuck owning flagships without a warranty, sucks not being rich.

Cause you just called me a sandnigger.

Autism is basically punctuation on Veeky Forums, by our standards he's hardly bothered at all

Good to know. I wish there were more down-to-Earth reviews like this.

The only "luxury" vehicles I've extensively been in don't really count for much (GMC Sierra SLT, Chrysler 200), so I'd really like to know what a comfortable luxury ride is like.

Due to the constant memeposting, I'm convinced that comfy cars would be something like a Chrysler Imperial/LeBaron, Lincoln Town Car, a 10-year old E-class, or Lexus LS.

I'll probably end up buying an LS430.

the interior to the 2008 milan was comfy as fuck

the fake wood and dim neon green lighting made it look like a clash between old luxury land barges and modern cars

Try driving a truck
>BANG
>Everything in the cabin is everywhere
>Need to go to the hospital for broken spine
I once hit a railway crossing a little too fast and a cassette tape flew out of my center console and hit me in the face

I think my car interior is pretty comfy as is

Ford's never made the fanciest looking luxury cars but god damn Mercury and Lincoln have some nice interiors. I like how they kept it simple too, modern MB for example is just obnoxious

Better seats with more cushioning, support, maybe heated
A high quality sound system
Window tinting
Sound/vibration damping material

Hey guys, I have all the audio equipment to upgrade my sound system but don't want to do it myself.

Will an audio guy fuck up my shit if I just pay for the swap?

I did it myself once before but don't have the time to do it again

Focal points of the interior experience:

- Vision: Styling and material finishes as they appear to the eye. Common upgrades from cheap to expensive include retrofitting parts from higher trims (woodgrain and such), getting the headliner replaced with nicer material (usually alcantara), getting certain parts leather wrapped or the seats reupholstered.

- Sound: This includes keeping unwanted sound out and improving desired sounds. The former is accomplished with more sound deadening in various places, such as in the doors, on the firewall, on the floor, etc. Also things can be done to combat rattles, which cheaper made cars are more prone to. The latter is accomplished by upgrading your audio system, but please remember that wattage alone means very little.

- Touch: Once again it's a matter of material quality and finishes, but not only includes surfaces that can be changed but also factory pieces like buttons and so on. There's very little you can do about these, but other measures cross over with the vision stuff, however you'll have to pay mind not only to the looks but also the functionality. Alcantara steering wheels for example are complete dog shit.

- Movement: The ride quality. If your car has been ruined by the previous owner it can already be improved by replacing the boyracer coilovers with stock-equivalent suspension and/or replacing the low profile tires with the stock format. Further measures include air suspension, but this will be more costly. Movement also includes the seating, though this could also be considered a matter of touch. You can often retrofit the seats from a more luxurious trim or a more luxurious model from the same manufacturer.

- Smell: A nice car not only looks and feels nice, but smells nice. Don't just hang a crappy air freshener from your mirror, invest in some proper scented oils. This is totally subjective but I consider the smell of leather and wood/pine very pleasant and refined.

What scented oils do you recommend? The vent stuff like yankee candle or fancier?

rich mahogany