Does anyone have any experience with this oil? Im thinking of switching to it since ive heard so much hype about it...

Does anyone have any experience with this oil? Im thinking of switching to it since ive heard so much hype about it. Im not doing anything extreme, i just want to take care of my 02 ranger. Or should i just get regular synthetic?

it's meme oil. just use mobil 1 or castrol synthetic.

unless you have an aftermarket turbo and know exactly the conditions your car will be enduring its just snake oil

its helpful when you need lighter weight oil but want it to be resistent to higher temps

so do you recommend this oil for my 335i? the oil temps go pretty high when i flog it. sometimes it hits 280 and i just back off at that point

pennzoil ultra platinum. formula 1 requires off the shelf oil, and they use this without changing it from qualifying to the actual race. also, rob dahm chose it for his priceless 4 rotor.

Works fine for what it is, but I can tell you that it eats chain guides over time. No joke.

meh only the shockproof gearbox oil is worth a damn, rest is snake oil especially on a standard car.

Castrol syn0w30 or Mb1 syn 0w40

Literally pick either.

Formula 1 doesn't require them to use off the shelf oils. However, Ferrari claims they use shell's helix ultra in all their race engines which you can consider off the shelf at $60 a quart

yeeeyeee

>idiots using anything other than cheapest shit with API cert

This. I just grab whatever is on special with the weight I need. I prefer synthetic over semi, but I'm not fussy since I do changes every 2 months.

>but I'm not fussy since I do changes every 2 months
What possibly compels you to change every two months... Unless you travel 48,000miles in a year.

Isn't it obvious? He's an idiot.

bet his motor is in way better condition than yours tho

lol wut.

engine oil is good until it gets water and carbon in it. throwing out clean oil is a case of severe autism

Changing your oil THAT often unless driving insane miles is far worse for your engine.

not him but I drive 3k miles a month.

High five 3k mile a month club here 2.

Castrol edge is just as good and costs half as much. Literally the only difference is that Royal Purple is goddamn purple.

my bad, meant le mans

cite:
HOUSTON, April 16 /PRNewswire/ -- In March of 2010, Ferrari named the new Pennzoil Ultra™ motor oil with Hyper Cleansing Technology™ as the only motor oil approved and recommended for use in all Ferrari engines in the United States....and Pennzoil Ultra™ 5W-40 will be the exclusive motor oil used in the team's two Ferrari 430GT racecars.