What are some 2 year degrees/trade schools that can have me taking home ~$3K a month on a 40 hour work week...

What are some 2 year degrees/trade schools that can have me taking home ~$3K a month on a 40 hour work week? Everything I come across that makes that much with little to no schooling requires a ton of overtime and physical work to get to $3K a month goal. Just want a modest 9-5 Mon-Fri job with good job security, no overtime/long hours, etc.

Thought of becoming an accountant but I'm 23 and my life will basically be halfway over by the time I finish a 4 year degree and start my life.

Looking at quick 2 year programs offered at the college here. Besides trucking, I could do:

IT (all of the good jobs will probably be taken by oversaturated bachelor degree graduates)
Aviation Maintenance (not a lot of job openings around though)
Business Management (supervisor at a factory/distribution center)
Respiratory Therapist (i have no idea but it seems to be in demand according to Indeed)
Radiology Technician (give cancer treatments)
Nursing (ER/ICU)
Funderal Services (hard to get into, but great job security once you're in)

I don't have very good social skills. I'm good at math but I don't want to be stuck in a cubicle all day. I was thinking of radiology tech. It's a quick year and a half certificate program and I could make up to $30/hour after 2 years experience according to job postings online in my area. Starts out around $22/hour though, which isn't bad.

Bump.

I'm thinking of either Radiologist Technology or Respiratory Therapy.

They both start about the same, but I think respiratory has a higher ceiling. But, respiratory is moving to bachelor degree required instead of Associate's. Radiology isn't. Both have a good job market. Not as good as nursing, but I still should be able to find a job easily.

They both require an Associate's degree before applying for the program, so I figure I could get a Business Management degree. That way, I could still fall back to applying for supervisor or assistant manager positions.

Mechanical designer here.

I'd rather do the medical stuff but I do make 65 a year.

What exactly do you do and what are the job prospects like? Everything I searched for that around here requires a bachelor.

I applied for Rad Tech. It really depends on your job market. They can make good money depending on what you specialize in and where you work. You could work at a hospital, a clinic, or an imaging center.

But there are those out there in allied health that earn that. Just know that. Everyone thinks that they have to become a nurse or doctor to become somewhat financially independent but it's not true. You or anyone else could go into allied health, and make a reasonable salary

I was wanting to do radiation therapy at a cancer center for normal hours, but it doesn't really matter. What specialization do you think is the most employable? My college offers CT imaging, sonography, nuclear medicine, angiography, mammography, radiation therapy, and MRI imaging.

If you're a man, you're not going to have much job prospects in mammography.

MRI imaging ties into Radiologic Technology. It's all under the same umbrella. There are Rad Techs that take MRI's, CT's, and standard x-rays.

Angiography is also involved with medical imaging. If you feel comfortable enough to be doing catheter angiography, then go for that if you want.

Radiation therapy is an intense job and taxing on you mentally and physically. It isn't like radiologic technology where you're seeing a patient once or twice and that's it.

Being a therapist would mean that you'd be assisting the oncologist with treating cancer and dealing with that in and of itself is very stressful. You'd be dealing with families and their loved ones and have to have a special kind of compassion for that job. It's also the hardest out of all that you have thought about.

I think the most employable would be a toss up. Check out the job prospects for each one in your area. And how many openings there will be in the future. Not now because you haven't graduated yet or started to study it.

Should I call hospitals and ask to shadow? Maybe ask them about the future of the job market in each?

If they allow it, sure. Or volunteer in the hospital or doctors office and see how things operate. See what the day to day is for those careers.

Even with myself I have doubts if I should change majors and I haven't even picked my classes yet or finished getting everything squared away. And I'll be 25 soon so idk if you're older or younger but don't go about this in a cavalier way.

The ones who are in charge of the programs will always lie to you about the job prospects, earnings, etc. So ask those in the field currently.

I'm 22.

Have only searched on Indeed.com for the area I plan on moving to, but

>Radiation Therapy
Most of the positions are part-time or PRN. The only full time positions required years of experience. I don't think I could wait that long.

>MRI Tech
Mostly full time positions available. They had normal Mon-Fri hours. One was 10AM-7PM. Another was 7AM-4PM. Not as many job postings though.

>CT Tech
Has more job postings than the above 2 combined. There was one posting that stated $30/hour required 1 year experience. Seems doable. Most postings say 0-6 months experience so it seems more entry level radiology tech than the ones above.

So it looks like CT/X-Ray tech has the most job prospects. That'd be hospital settings though until I get some years of experience to work at something like a physical therapy center maybe?

I don't mind the 12 hour shifts as long as it's only 3 days though.

If you're lucky, you'd get a job at a hospital, but is working in a hospital your end game? I mean it's not great work. You deal with shitty people and their attitudes, they're usually in pain each time, and they treat you like scum because you don't have M.D. after your name.

Not really. I would much rather work in a specialized center that's outpatient hours Mon-Fri. But they typically require experience. Hospital is 99% where I'd start out at as they don't typically require experience.

My Aunt finally texted me back. She works at a hospital. She says CT techs there start out at $23.76/hour and max out at $38.02/hour after 20 years.

You're not going to be working Mon-Fri 9-5.

Just won't.

With this: that could be with 1 year of exp. And I have no clue how hospitals count experience. Or if they count what you did in your clinicals as experience.

What degree do you need for CT tech?

Oh my bad, you'd need to study radiologic technology and then branch off into CT. Unless where you live, they have it straight from the get go

Associate's in Radiologic Technology with a specialization in CT imaging.

They only accept ~15 people a year into the program though and I don't know how many apply. Since 2011, only 2 have quit. The rest graduated with 100% job placement.

My gut feeling says to do nursing. While these allied health positions have like 30 job postings on Indeed with most being PRN, nursing has over 2,500.

Don't even think about falling for that nursing meme. Unless you live near a level one trauma center or university hospital, everyone you know will be applying to nursing school.

With those programs like RT, you have to enter a pool, study your prerequisites, and then you go into your RT studies. That's how they've done it with me. My major just says Science.

Nursing jobs are like getting a fast food job anywhere you go. Every 5 miles there's a building that needs a nurse. It's not just hospitals, even though they are the highest paying.

That's not even true though. For every nursing position there's thousands of applicants. So they have every right to be selective as shit. Trust me.

My Mom, Aunt, and Grandmother are nurses. You can get hired as a nurse as fast as you can get a job at McDonald's.

And they've been nurses for how many years? Probably over a decade. If you're a new nurse, you're not getting a job that quickly unless they give you an offer prior to graduation which isn't a guarantee. You said you wanted to study allied health, not nursing. Now make up your mind.

The hospital my Aunt works for does training for the community college program and they hire about 8 out of the 10 graduates. It's not like computer science where everybody is just flooding the job market and you got meme programmers taking up jobs at Starbucks

You really don't belong in health care because it seems like a money game to you. And you clearly have a hook so why even ask anyone on Veeky Forums? Fuck off and stop wasting my precious time.

I'm not forcing you to reply.

this.licensed CNA/phlebotomist here, you can't go into these fields for the money, you have to go in with the intention of helping others and doing something good for the world. It's really taxing and heartbreaking, and if I hadn't had 1 years of experience dealing with caring for my own mother and seeing this kinda depressing shit for years, I wouldn't do it. The licensing is only a few months but you also need to do alot of community service and volunteer clinical. And alot of times you are not treated respectfully by anyone and you are bottom of the barrel even though in reality being a CNA and pleb, you are the closest connection to the patient and they rely on you. Are you really sure you want to take care of people and put their health in your care? Also the infection control is insane, you can not just be willy nilly like a fast food job.

12 years of experience*