/ps2g/ - planetside 2 general

thank u werl

not since i started my life back on track and got myself a sick ass new job that's almost enjoyable desu

cannot fucking wait to waste all of my money on PC parts, fashion, and construction items

also what the fuck is up w/ the OP?

what's wrong with it

>No pastebins
>No news
>No edition
>No link to previous thread

Holy fuck is this deliberate sabotage?
Is it really so fucking difficult to make a thread that isn't utter fucking trash?

What the fuck is your problem? You obviously want to talk about the fucking game but you don't want to put the microsecond of effort into making the thread right?

Go fuck yourself you stupid twat.

do you want me to make a pastebin user ?

I want you to take a loaded gun, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger as many times as you can.

>>No pastebins
we're not getting any new players
>>No news
what news? it's just the same shit over and over for four years
>>No edition
lol
>>No link to previous thread
lol
>Holy fuck is this deliberate sabotage?
no, sabotage would be not making the thread. every time the thread is past bump limit and i don't make a new thread, there is no thread for the next 12 hours at least
>Is it really so fucking difficult to make a thread that isn't utter fucking trash?
should have made it yourself then, the thread had been at bump limit for about an hour
>What the fuck is your problem? You obviously want to talk about the fucking game but you don't want to put the microsecond of effort into making the thread right?
did i tickle your autism?
>Go fuck yourself you stupid twat.
wow rude

>tfw

I repeat:
>Go fuck yourself you stupid twat.

And you

I sort out the flavour of coffee with things known as hot chocolate mix and cream

>M
>not U, or at the very least S
step up nigga

>not 1488
step up nigga

Thank you, Wrel for saving the game!

>having the farm of a lifetime on an autismfort
>'you have been disconnected'
>ofc
>launcher wont start now

HongConnery ded?

Game's dead, go play real life.

>Hitting VS base, fun 10 minutes
>Almost through
>"FILTHY GOIGIN, YEULL NEVA TAKE THIS BASU!"
>DDOS server 'till ded

Esamir near NC wg, right?

I was on one of the AV turrets

Yep.
I was a squad lead inna HEAT vanguard. I got some nice certs from that.

>HEAT
aim better lol

Is there a decent way to farm certs? I'm NC, so I can't farm with Prowler, and I'm not an airnigger either. Would certing out the ANT be my best option?

Also recommend LMGs and best NC shotty

EM1, AF-57 Piston with slug ammo

The best way to farm certs as a new player is to play medic and revive people.

Good lmgs would be the GD22s. Shotgun wise, the only unique shotgun is the jackhammer, which is for Heavy only. Other than that, the piston is an automatic shotgun, mauler is good, bruise and claw are pump shotguns (one of them has an extra pellet but slower refire time), and there is another higher capacity shotgun but it's not worth it.

Get good? I've been getting better, still shit but just as solo infantry in the worst situations I get at least 80 certs an hour. Way way way more as MBT but I don't like to do that if my gunner isn't on (also keep in mind repairing gives exp which you will do a lot of). I can't imagine how many certs the actually good guys get.

>The best way to farm certs as a new player is to play medic and revive people.
This is also true, a revive is worth only slightly less than a kill and you can still absolutely murder as a medic since their guns are easy as fuck to head shot with.

The best tips I can give you as a medic is always make sure you're safe when you revive. Don't always just carry your medic tool out.

Also in situations like your faction is in a biolab teleporter that is getting camped you can cert out the shield restorer thing on medic and just stand in the teleporter room and revive dudes and get shield repair xp and make a bunch of certs.

Another good tool to have on medic is revive grenades, and with grenade bandoleer you can make a shit ton of points from 48-96+ fights where a bunch of dumb teammates die and you can revive several dudes with 1 revive grenade.

Do you get an xp bonus from a bounty that has been placed on you?
Do the xp bonuses stack if you get more than one bounty?

Is there any reason to get underbarrel? I can see the GL being good for dealing with harassers and MAX units, and the shotgun for CQC, and possibly the smoke launcher for moving across open fields, but I don't know if it's worth certing or not.

*nerf*

haha :D

t. werl

Grenade launcher is a meme. Not worth it.

Shotgun is occasionally useful.

Smoke is a meme. Most good players have smoke turned off, and you can still spot guys through smoke. End result is you still get shot through it.

pls no

Is it good enough to warrant getting over other attachments? I rarely hipfire, and rarely need a flashlight either. The foregrip is nice but if the shotgun is useful I can go without it without hurting myself too badly

what are everyone's favorite exploits

jumping up sheer walls thanks to high fps

can't really think of anything else desu

Connection quality : poor + light assault hipfire - not even an exploit, Werl designed it this way :^)

oh, I like the one where you can get maxes in flash seats though it's too blatant to actually do it

>too blatant
why does this matter? the game has no GMs

yeah I guess

>hong congery can barely fill a single continent
>werl decides that 3 being unlocked is a good idea
ebin

>destroy shittily placed sunderer so I can put mine on tech plant A point
>zergfit shitties begin squealing about my TKing their sunderer over prox
every time senpai, every time

tfw you get a higher memelabs score than actual cheaters and you don't cheat at all

it's like the cheaters are smart enough to hide the fact that they are cheating

I think you cheaters need to aim better and stop being shitters, actually

member the good times?
I member

rip baby blue

remind me of blue wasps

I gotchu senpai

Daily reminder that DA are a bunch of faggots that should kill themselves for being so fucking gay.

Zergfits are cancer and should be removed from the game so players can actually learn how to play the game instead of being shitty cannon fodder.

[N]iggers are the worst type of human beings and should team killed on sight. Anyone with a [N] on their nametag is a fucking sub human.

post original qiu if higby

nice

>what are everyone's favorite exploits

Anchor mode Prowler

>can't hit a stationary target

>tfw not a girl

why can't i just die

>being a degenerate in the current year
kys yourself

I bet you hate biolabs too

>liking biolabs

>smoke off
only a few people actually

TRAC-SHOT is the only time I've used an underbarrel shotgun, and it is a nice niche to have in some situations. It's like a one shot pump action, instant kill if you're close enough.

The aurax carbines are the only time they're useful, because they're purely a bonus. Sacrificing your gun with terrible -S variants isn't worth the UBSG, nor is it worth taking over a foregrip or a laser sight.

Yeah but even then you're using a default carbine without grip.

>hating biofuns

>liking biofags

being a sub 1.0 ivi kdr turboshitter

>he needs biofarms to get ivi
lmao

>LMG
I waited long time for this

>>The Definitive Guide to NC LMG
>by AnonFaggot69

>starter weapon
>NC6 Gauss SAW
low RPM, high damage
this weapon has 2 levels of damage: super high (200) and high (167)
used in corridors of fire it can be pretty brutal, 2-3 shotting people
top memesters claim they use it as a medium-long range weapon but I've yet to successfully use it as such

>Assault rifle line
those weapons are somewhat easier to use.
They are basically a mid-ground between the medic's assault rifle and a LMG, if you wanna play HA like a scrub with no regard to teamplay go with these
>GD-22S
cheap, only 325 certs, barebone, no attachments but extremely workable
this weapon will bring out all your inner skill ))
and it's very fun to use
>LA-1 Anchor
an upgrade tailored towards short range, with higher RoF, soft point ammo and advanced lazor sight.
This is the weapon to meme over people.
Although it loses the semiauto mode it still works in mid-range via burst firing.

>Squad automatic weapon line
these weapons are classic 100 bullets light machineguns, most useful for laying down suppressive fire across a corridor
(Like the Gauss SAW, but less punishing)
>EM-1
low damage, high rpm. This is a TR weapon painted blue.
mostly useful for firing down an alley
in theory it has short range attachments (adv laser sight, soft point ammo)
>EM-6
if you wanted more damage to your bulet and more range, like the gauss saw
altough it may seem like a long range spec, it eats people in short range

>2good4u line
you can customize them to be whatever you want, they have all baseline attachments available because you are a pro player that knows his own playstyle don't you
>Gauss SAW S
167/143, 577 RPM, you will find these characteristics in every faction udner a different name
on NC this weapon has the best performance at long range imho
>NS-15M
similar to the GD line, but it recoils left
if you unlock it with real money, it is accessible on all characters

>can't use a SAW right
>implying your list is relevant
raff

disregard , he's bad

actual guide by ExQuakePro70

>SAW
if you're terrible, don't even consider using this. if you're good, 3hs out to render range is pretty fucking good.
big boolet, big boom :---D shoot in short bursts at all but dicksucking range
>GD-22S
unlock and use this first. easy to use, but still good, basically an AR on steroids
>anchor
an even better GD-22S, if you are able to consistently force short range engagements. less fun because your potential at medium and long range is more limited
>EM1
a worse TR gun, but booletspam is very fun. run with extmags and spam those 200 boolets everywhere for most freedom (don't fall for the "suppressive fire" meme though)
>EM6
similar to the SAW S, with 25 more bullets in exchange for worse everything else. not actually bad, but not worth using unless you're purpling all lmgs.
>SAW S
very good at medium range
>NS-15M
low DPS, but low recoil, low reload time, high accuracy, some people like it fit these characteristics
also the only lmg with .75 ads (not a big deal, unless you're a subhuman turbonigger, in which case pls kys)
>nigganagga
a literal joke

all that being said: keep in mind that when a gun is better than another, it's only by a few percentage points.
using another gun won't make much of a difference: if you're good you'll wreck shitters regardless, and if you're bad you'll get wrecked regardless. just pick the one that feels best.

as a final note:
minmaxing and picking a gun because it's a few percentage points better means you've reached your skill ceiling and need to look for improvement elsewhere. since you're asking for advice on something as basic as this, I'll assume that you're bad/new; you don't want to say "that's it, i can't improve anymore" right now just yet, huh?

bbbbut what about the god saw wrel?

I'm not really bad, or that new, I just haven't played much HA and wanted to try and figure out what LMGs I should go for

Also I have been using the Gauss SAW at dicksucking range and dropping shiTRs most of the time, it's kinda fun

guys i just picked a booger out of my nose and ate it and it tasted like roast beef
what the fuck

lol

>bought like 4 games in steam sale
>just grinding planetmans

Nobody is good enough to use the saw effectively.

RoF + high vertical recoil + high CoF bloom prevents players from really managing effective SAW use - most other LMG's are going to chain 3 or 4 headshots faster than the saw because of it.

It's a memegun, really. A lot of people think it's good, but it isn't. It's mediocre if you really learn to use it well.

If you're aimbotting, you're still better off with a higher RPM, 167 weapon because fucking nobody fights at 75m where the falloff even matters. Basically the saw is awful and nobody should use it. Everyone who says it's good always has better performance with one of the other LMG's. Throw your gauss saw in a ditch and bury it.

t. sub 500 ivi score

>muh 1v1 spreadsheet theorycrafting

>esamir
log off

I have over 10,000 kills with the gauss saw

How did you manage 10,000 kills with the Gauss SAW and still not figure out how to use it?

IS PS2 worth getting back into? I played it a fair bit around release but haven't played it in ages.
I read briefly something about base building and somewhere about it now being pretty much pay 2 win and if you're new you are fucked because everyone is higher level and will rape your corpse.

>IS PS2 worth getting back into?
Do you like to shoot mans?
Do you like not paying for video games?
If the answer is yes to both of those questions, then yes.

>it now being pretty much pay 2 win
It was always pay2win.

>and if you're new you are fucked because everyone is higher level and will rape your corpse.
cert gain is a lot faster now, but yes, more or less, this is still the case. It'll take you about a month just to get on an equal footing, assuming you know exactly what you need. Lock on rocket launcher, resist/adrenaline instead of NMG, a decent LMG instead of the default, medkits or C4, etc. etc. - and that's just the heavy assault.

lmao what

>IS PS2 worth getting back into? I played it a fair bit around release but haven't played it in ages.
no
it's shit, and it always has been shit
>I read briefly something about base building
good idea, terrible implementation
>and somewhere about it now being pretty much pay 2 win
it is not, and was never, p2w
>and if you're new you are fucked because everyone is higher level and will rape your corpse.
literally just aim better. a viable infantry build takes 1k certs, a viewable vehicle build takes 5k. that's nothing, especially seeing how you get 1.5k certs for free (+ ~5k already bought) and cert gain is easily 2.5-3x what it was at release.
whoever told you the game is p2w is a massive retard, don't listen to them about anything
level is irrelevant, the average br 100 is a braindead retard; equipment only matters if you're a braindead retard too

I have okay stuff on my Vanu account, and just slightly better than brand new on my Terrain account (which is the one I feel like playing). Also it wasn't too bad back in the day, I remember you couldn't buy attachments with the paid currency so that was atleast a thing that kept it more even.

t. 0.2 ivi kdr cripple

don't listen to that retard please

lodestar when

>fun, interesting mechanics
never lol
instead, here, have some useless shit nobody wanted and nobody will use after its released
t. greatest ally

>he bad
>proceeds to say the same things
I mean come on

I'd actually recommend you don't listen to our resident memelords/trolls - Note that they don't have any actual arguments, they just spout buzzwords. It's the only semi intelligible gibberish they can typically manage in these threads. Sometimes they literally just post lol over and over.

Here's a more acute breakdown:
You're going to be earning around 30-60 certs per hour. Probably closer to 30.
A new gun unlock is going to take you about 15 hours. Getting the attachments maybe another 3-4 hours on top of that. Generally speaking it's going to take you 1-2 weeks unless you're playing the game religiously. Depends on the kind of player, but most people aren't putting in 3-5 hours a day on this.

Medkits are 800 certs
Resist is 1000 certs
Lock on launcher is 650 certs (Decimator is 1000)
Underboss is 1000 certs
C4 is 700 certs

etc. etc. It takes a long fucking time to get basics like this, and they're the kinds of tools all the long-time players have. You can pretty much double or triple your cert gain with boosts - but that's where pay2win comes in. You can furthermore purchase a subscription, and that'll give you a direct benefit to nanite regeneration so you can use more deployables and pull more vehicles than non-subbed members (and also get some faster cert gain).

When it comes to weapons, the defaults are in most cases either nothing special or subpar.

Don't even think about vehicles until you've got a pool of ~3000 certs you're willing to dump all at once on one. Vehicles are even worse than infantry where if you don't have yours certed out, you get absolutely fucked by someone who does.

hello my friends ;DD

i ahv eben gon 4 many days ;DD

t. 0.5 ivi kdr
kindly kys

when u break through the NC siege to get ur sundy set up at SNA

feel w/me fampais

I don't have time to dump huge hours of time into the game, maybe a few hours per session and a bit more on weekends. If it still takes fuck long to get a build that is barely satisfactory in a fight then I might just stick with my Vanu who has some equipment but is no means great.

>Don't even think about vehicles until you've got a pool of ~3000 certs you're willing to dump all at once on one. Vehicles are even worse than infantry where if you don't have yours certed out, you get absolutely fucked by someone who does.

- trial turret/weapon
- next trial available in 30 days
- trial something else 8 hours later
- trial resets

- swap back and forth for free gewns

>just a heads up

>30 certs an hour

What the fuck i'm an absolute shitter of the highest order and I can do 70+ certs an hour

>You're going to be earning around 30-60 certs per hour.
I get ~100 per hour unboosted and I'm not even good.
>Medkits are 800 certs
Two of them (which is plenty) costs 150.
>Resist is 1000 certs
The first point in Resist is 100, why would you NEED to max it out?
>Lock on launcher is 650 certs (Decimator is 1000)
Nobody uses lock on launchers because they are trash unless massed, the default ones are good for general anti armor and MAX duties. Decimator is only better against MAXes, and arguably worse against ground vehicles because of the velocity.
>Underboss
Why would you NEED to buy a different secondary, especially when the default ones are also very good at their jobs? The Repeater and Mag Shot are good enough to function on their own even.
>C4 is 700 certs
That's your only legitimate argument, but why are you buying C4 and Medkits?

>When it comes to weapons, the defaults are in most cases either nothing special or subpar.
In case of VS and TR, their default LMGs are the best in their category. NC's Gauss SAW is also strong, only difficult to use compared to faster firing weapons. Default assault rifles and carbines are extremely strong for all factions.

Funny how for all the infantry equipment you mentioned, you didn't include the thing that's actually impactful when maxed out, and that's Advanced Shield Capacitors.

Basically, shut the fuck up retard.

>Nobody uses lock on launchers because they are trash unless massed
>tfw air deterrence ribbons

just think: if every HA had the g2a launcher (which has increased missile velocity making it easier to hit ground vehicles as well), airniggers would be extinct over night

just think: if every HA had the deci and could actually aim (which has increased missile damage making it easier to kill ground vehicles as well), airniggers would be extinct over night