Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/
herokuapp.hawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Free Centurion / week of premium time:
mwomercs.com/profile/redeem
Redeem Code: NCIXMECH
Redeem Code: MechWarriorOnline_Gift_2016

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

hawken.herokuapp.com
digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2016-12-23_Christmas/
youtube.com/watch?v=LziVZAB5ChU
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8
youtube.com/watch?v=9aF_UHmVjPQ
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=aa578688faf9fff7f289016ed456b43df8e5a4e8
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=38538ae077db47355cb5a79db2e42f4fbc04ce27
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=4e2d727773a42f326847e3ecf626514a2d42c17d
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=b3e5de9e317ad0fbb457e3c7c3d9b3e42829606c
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=685e2f8740e63b5c06c34838fd108dd8319ffefe
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=8cb092157dbea06d3adabd405c37a547ebed01ff
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=282&l=55202296133efbceb00af59e6d993105c9477140
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=b21381fd037ed38a89386e8ce69147302d333e72
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for lights OP

ded robots

First for fuck dashing that useless dumb faggot.

>hawken.herokuapp.com
fuck

>get tired of shitpugs
>fuck it, I'll run a command ecm mech and start calling targets, open components, and lance movement on com, even if I doubt anyone will listen
>go 10:1 w:l solo q during first sesssion of attempted pug herding
>get some warm fuzzies for the shitpugs actually listening to me
>these are MY potatoes, and I will lead them to victory

I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. Hellbringer 4x ERLL with adv. sensors/zoom is perfect for the job and very powerful in solo q. What I wouldn't give for a fucking third module slot though, goddamn.

And thus we witness the birth of another pug commander, like PanzerMagier. Keep tabs on your autism, user. Don't go overboard.

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

This is my destiny. I will grasp the stars with fingers made of starch and LRMs.

So did they just design a mech to be as meta as possible, in order to sell it?

>nothing but high mounts
>what looks like a recessed CT
>ridiculously huge shield arms which will likely never be used to mount weapons

I love the crabe, post crabe builds.

>tfw trying to set up a stable for IS and Clan using $210~

Guys is the Roughneck P2W?

Pay 2 whine.

I bought an Enforcer.

does anyone still play ac5 verdict day or is that shit as dead as this thread?

I'm going to cuck vass so hard.

digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2016-12-23_Christmas/

Literally the worst gurg.
I should just play DCS.
youtube.com/watch?v=LziVZAB5ChU

>That ratio

Picked up the Whammer Black Widow on sale. 2xUAC5 2xAC5 feels good, but I'm thinking about just replacing the UACs with regular AC5s. I hate jams.

Also, been thinking about getting a light mech. Which lights right now are worth running (more specifically, which can fit a decent payload that doesn't just tickle).

GET A 2PPC MANTHER

Arctic Cheetah, Jenner IIC, Locust, Spooder

What the hell happened that game?

I went to the middle to cap and all my faggy teammates waited outside the midcap.
so I went to destroy the trucks while they went to unfuck themselves.
>They never unfucked themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8

I would recommend the ACH to learn how to light. ECM allows a measure of forgiveness for mistakes in positioning. You are pretty much stuck with small pulse lasers in an ACH, but that is fine because 6x spl is strong as fuck and annihilates mechs with open components or from the back.

JIIC series is probably the most versatile. You have the option of SRMs, med lasers, or small pulses. You can even put a 6x6 SRM on a JIIC for a 72 point alpha strike, but I don't recommend that build for anything but fucking around, since it is too slow and hot.

If you decide you truly enjoy light piloting, you can branch out into locusts and spiders, but they require good map knowledge and careful positioning to really shine.

Spider 5k 1lpl 4 mg build is a very potent "clean up" mech to finish off a damaged team. 5D is an ok ll/erll sniper, and has ecm to help out.

Locust 1e is a fantastic spl assassin or ml skirmisher. 1m is the same thing but with 1 laser stuck on its torso. 1v is the poking master with a single LPL.

Raven series is pretty gimped by the resize and requirk, but 3L still makes for a good ERLL sniper, and 2X/4x still makes for a great LL skirmisher.

3L is also the best NARC platform in the game due to bonuses, but the usefulness of NARC is questionable.

After a hundred hours of various light piloting, my favorite light mech is the Locust 1e with 5 or 6 medium lasers. The perfect run and gun harasser, and my favorite mech to carry matches in, if the team fucks up badly. Pic related.

Thinking of buying the Marauder IIC. Which chassis are the best?

Twisting fundies

What about the Adder?

Fuck Xsolla. 2 hours now, and I'm unable to buy anything.

The adder is slow as shit and also has a wide profile, which renders it totally impotent at any role a light mech should be performing.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up an ACH Prime and am having a blast with it so far. I had a few leftover MC, so I went ahead and picked up the Locust Pirates Bane. Not sure how good of a variant it is, but I know it comes with good engine that I can drop into another chassis.

How about the Panther?

I left out all the other lights for a reason. It's because they fucking suck for various reasons, mostly they are too slow or another mech does what they do better.

2ppc panther is a meme build and probably the only thing the mech can do 'well'. It's also slow.

PB can be pretty good, especially in solo q. I run mine with 4 spl, 2mgs, and 1 ton of mg ammo, and ecm of course.

You can play it just like a cheetah for the most part, but imo it does the roll of first strike assassin even better, due to its speed.

Flank wide, and come in behind the slow assaults. You can often kill oblivious potatoes before they know what is happening if you drill their rear CT away.

Just remember not to shoot armored components with the mg's, since they do practically nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=9aF_UHmVjPQ

am I doing it rite?

Are there any new people playing this game or is it still the same 10 insufferable autistic idiots like Greg, Dashing and Accurs?

What do you think you insufferable autistic idiot with brain cancer?

I'll take that as a yes.

Adios.

I might oughtta try that PB build. I'm running the stock build, which is about the same just with non-pulse lasers. I might try to fit pulses, but I might have to knock the engine down a couple of pegs (I believe PB comes stock with an XL 190).

I'm new
I only have like 5 mechs

>its a "potato shitter is running max back armor" episode

I just put 2 AC20s into a kodiak's back and didn't get thru in my game

hot

sounds like you got outplayed

I can do decently enough in zippy lights, but when it comes time to drop in something heavier, I just completely shit the bed. I'm always getting caught in bad spots and never where I need to be. How the fuck do heavy/assault players get anything done?

Prediction, better use of cover + range, and more weapons + armor.

>open /gerg/
>bluescreen
divine intervention

works on my machine

>2002: Sorry, this payment method is currently unavailable. Please try again later or select a different payment method

It's like they don't even want my money.

>right after christmas when everyone is flush with gift money? what a fantastic time to bring our credit card processing server down :)

close combat in MWO when

>Assault lance is chasing 1 locust to the end of the map

gg

>19 win streak ends because the VIP decides to walk down the valley camped by the enemy assault lance, and dies in 30 seconds

What a shitty mode.

Just remember that big and slow mechs are total glass jaws in this game. You're the biggest and slowest target, your torso twist and accel/decel speeds are shit, and even unorganized pubs will focus fire on you unless there's an even bigger and more obvious target standing next to you. You also need to predict/guess what's going to happen next and start moving to the right position before it happens.

Even the most quirked fatlases with all the structure bonuses in the universe and critical chance reduction get blown the fuck out fast when multiple enemies are focusing them, you always have to attack with superior numbers, superior lines of fire and superior firepower. Otherwise you'll get shrekt because you can't avoid return fire and getting back into cover or to your team takes like ten times longer than it does for fast mechs.

For example if you're boating autocannons in an assault mech, you should try to cut lines of sight so you and your target are going 1on1faggot by the very least and you can pummel the dog shit out of them without taking extra damage from something else in return.

LURM

RELEASE THE HBR HERO ALREADY PIG

>tfw no Hero mechs for any of the Mechs you like
:

Is liking shitmechs a /gerg/ curse?

Every mech is a shit mech.
Where's your Blake now?

Can confirm.

Ragnarok, Ymir and Prometheus were not shitmechs

Best part is playing fun shitmechs and shitting on people

>IV-4 with 2x UAC5's & 7 tons ammo, 2 extra DHS and 2x medlas
>shoots 20 damage every second

Holy fucking canoli this thing is a chainsaw.

*20 damage every 1.66 seconds if neither jams.

Yeah, but you're in an IV-Four.

>30% cooldown quirk on IV-Four
>5% from skill tree
>12% from module
>total of 47% cooldown on the base 1.66 second UAC5 cooldown rate
>53% times 1.66 cooldown, new refresh rate is 0.8798 seconds
>almost AC2 speed UAC5s
>also gets 25% velocity quirk for ballistics

>DWF-UV with 8x LBX2's & 9 tons of ammo, 1 extra DHS and 1x smllas
>shoots 40 damage every second

Holy fucking pastrami this thing is a jackhammer.

God damn, you're australian aren't you? This level of shitpost could only come from an asians pet cuck.

That's cool I guess
Why not use one of the IS 10's though? Less jamming, better damage per heat

Slower rate of fire, less overall damage capacity, and slight loss of range.

Dual AC10s is fantastic for brawling, but I use the IV-4 as a longer range gun platform.

You're memeing, but the Ultra Shittilent starts getting to the point where you can stack so many ac2s that they actually become a good weapon. Problem is of course that it's still a dire whale.

CRIT

SEEKING

M A C H I N E

Pulse Lasers are so satisfying to use
Every single one of my Mechs uses the damn things, either SPLs or MPLs, a couple LPLs... they're just so RIGHT, you know? They're just, so, good.

nice

Nice.

>Viper with Meme Guns, Flamers and a few SPLs
Did I just get memed on or is this a legit build?

MGs and SPLs is fairly common on smaller 'Mechs. You work with what you have.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=aa578688faf9fff7f289016ed456b43df8e5a4e8

las vomity ebin kitty

whaddaya think?

can straight swap the cerml's for cspl's to make it a wub boat

arctic cheetah can have 4 sml las on the arms and 2 cerml on the topmost hardpoints, should it just boat 6 sml pl's instead?

2 ML are useless at ML range, just commit to 6 SPL

>0.5 tons free
>not dropping armour off legs to get 5-6x ERML's and 2x LPLs and a MK1 targeting comp
>not switching the ERML's for 6x c-SPLs

i figured as much.

i just refuse to be a butt rammer. gotta keep my fast up.

Ebon Jag is too wide to poke well on a symmetric build, build it asym unless you're going wubs

nice. i can do that.

why the mark one targeting comp? wouldn't it be better to have a bigger mark on it to fully capitalise on the bonuses?

Mk1 is the best benefit for its tonnage, more and you're eating into DHS tonnage

ok wub build it is.

o just don't like relying on ONE armour section too much. even with good torso twisting you still end up taking too much dmg on them

mark 1 targeting comp gives you all those basic benefits for just 1 ton and 1 crit slot. Most importantly, you're getting 4% extra range and notable increases in laser critical chance.

For simply laser weapons, you don't need a larger targeting computer, as you're only getting beam range and miniscule increases to critical chance.

ah. ok. that makes sense. need as many dhs loaded as possible on them wub builds

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=38538ae077db47355cb5a79db2e42f4fbc04ce27

maximum wubbitude as per your advice? does this get the seal of approval?

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=4e2d727773a42f326847e3ecf626514a2d42c17d

If you're gonna do stupid shit, don't half ass it.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=b3e5de9e317ad0fbb457e3c7c3d9b3e42829606c

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=685e2f8740e63b5c06c34838fd108dd8319ffefe

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=8cb092157dbea06d3adabd405c37a547ebed01ff

Otherwise be reasonable.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=282&l=55202296133efbceb00af59e6d993105c9477140

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=b21381fd037ed38a89386e8ce69147302d333e72

if you don't want to use med.wubs, but 2 LPL + 6 MLas is a fucking oven and you are likely better off with 4 + extra sinks

Shield with your right side first.

fire them in two groups of four? arms and torso ?

Have one group for your left 6 MPLs
Have one group for your right 6 MPLs
Have one group for the MPLs on your armr
Use the left side group when you poke from the left, and right _ for right _
If you poke all the way, you press the second group once your slow arm peeks all the way
Third group is mostly for UAVs, but I guess also for heat