Which is better for commuting?

Which is better for commuting?

Civic EX or Civic EX-T?

I'd be getting the manual transmission. No other accessories. Is there a noticeable performance difference between these two engines? Local dealer won't let me test drive any of their new 2017's and they have only auto's in 2016.

>Local dealer won't let me test drive any of their new 2017's

Tell them to go fuck their hat and walk out.

Sales Manager claimed their civics are "selling so fast" that he can't put extra miles on them. Called BS and walked out. But I still would like to get a new civic.

Stop. What do you drive now? Something wrong with it? Why do you want to spend 25k on a shitty new econobox when you could a nice used Lexus for the same price or less.

>manual
>commuting
I hope you don't encounter traffic on a daily basis

Wait for the Si's user.
Or be a red light queen and get a type R.
Non performance oriented civics are dreadfully boring to drive.

I just want a new car. Don't like what I have.

>traffic meme
As long as you're not a fat lazy fuck driving a H pattern in traffic isn't that bad. Unless you live in a metropolis but then why have a car at all?

Confirmed for never having driven a civic

Honda manuals are goat and all new cars have light clutches.

Yea, just for work and groceries.

What do you have user and why don't you like it?

What do you have now?

I'd rather not discuss what I have now. I'm not keeping it.

I've owned an 03 ex with a 5spd, driven a 08 ex, and a 06 lx. They're boring as fuck. I currently have an 05 rsx-S and the difference is massive.

Buy a civic for 3k get something actually good with your 25k.

Ok, so, back on topic, which feels better? EX or EX-T?

I would assume the EX-T has higher maintenance over time. But the EX probably doesn't pull as well on the freeway?

They're not boring on the right road. Any car will be boring on straight roads stuck in traffic. All of those civics are light and tossable and stick well in turns with good tires. And have goat shifter feel. You're the problem.

Its a 16bhp difference

The new Civic is shit. No matter the trim or engine.

Why do you say that?

Driving soft suspension fwd cars with no LSD, 100bhp if you're lucky, economy geared transmissions, and below 7k redlines doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

Sounds like all you do is drive in straight lines. That doesn't sound fun, either.

I can go through corners faster than those cars top speed. And have fun with all your understeer at anything over 45mph.

Welp, now you are just full of shit. Let me know when you want to have a real discussion using intellect, maturity, and actual facts.

>my civic can't hit 110 theres no way people can go through bends that fast
No, you're just used to driving shitboxes.

You are again making asinine conclusions based on thin air accusations and assumptions. Feel free to prove your point.

Oh, and a reminder, OP and I were talking about a commuter car. You are the dumb shit for assuming "race car."

OP here, I feel this thread has gotten WAY off topic. Can someone just give me their input on the EX or EX-T comparison of the 2017 Honda Civic? Do you feel one of the engines is better than the other? Why or why not?

It's only 2.0L for the manual on the lowest trim which is pretty bad honestly.

The EX-T is better. It has higher trim, more tech, a much better engine. It doesn't feel like a small amount of hp more. It Pulls and takes off so much faster you can't compare. Economy is slightly better too. I'm loving my Civic EX-T.

The cars are shit. Too big, shitty modern car design, tiny trunk openings, unnecessary safety features.Why would you want a civic when you could get a much more powerful lexus?

I own a 2016 civic EX-T, ask me what you want.

how much do you pay the guy to fuck your wife?

I never said it had to be a race car. I said non performance oriented civics are boring as all hell to drive. Thats why i told OP to wait for the new Si to come out because it'll be more fun for commuting and still be practical and efficient.

What guy? What wife?

I test drove the 2017 Civic Coupe EX-T and the 2017 Civic Hatchibaku Sport (also the 1.5T engina).

The hatch sport might be better for you. Factory rice with body kit, 18" RIMZ, dat spoilgasm on the back. AND it's cheaper than the Coupe EX-T.

Your dealer sounds like he's profiling you as someone who can't afford it or something. If they wanna sell you a car they'll do all kindsa shit, not allowing you to test drive the car you're intending to buy is absolutely ridiculous bullshit. You could complain to Honda corporate if you rly wanna fuck with them.

1.5T is unproven, who knows what maintenance or reliability will be like at 60K meelay, or 100K for that matter.

Having driven both, the turbo would definitely be my pick for daily driving because of the low end torque. You won't have to shift quite as often. It's also a bit more economical because the engine doesn't have to work as hard.

That said, the NA engine is still quite nice. Power comes on nice and linear and is quite happy to rev up. Imo it sounds nicer too, the turbo sounds a bit grainy as you rev it up.

Tl;dr: if you spend a lot of tine in stop/go and speeds below 40mph, the turbo is easier to live with.

Unproven or not, speaking as an owner of one, I don't have any doubts the engine will be unreliable considering it's a Honda engine. Like Toyota, Honda is an engine that only breaks if you do something stupid to it.

Everything he says is correct. The 1.5T is grainy if it's cold or you're not smooth.
>Gentle accel sounds good
>Firm accel sounds grainy
>Good accel sounds great
>Full accel sou- "DID I JUST BEAT THAT OLD COUPE SI?"

lol or course you wanna habeeb it reliable but Honda reliabilitoi suxXx these days

And yes I am a 12 year-old from Myspace 2003.

The ext and ex don't come manual transmission