Sup Veeky Forums, 21 year old europoor here, looking at buying another car because I've been driving a 1...

Sup Veeky Forums, 21 year old europoor here, looking at buying another car because I've been driving a 1.3l diesel shitbox for 2 years, but I can't really decide what to get.

I'm considering getting a 2008 - 2010 VW Scirocco TSI (the 160hp one) or a 2008 - 2009 BMW 320i. Thoughts on these? Maybe any other cars I should look at? My budget is around 11k euro.

Insurance here is retardedly expensive and I pay for everything myself so I unfortunately can't get any fast cars.

>inb4 get a miata

>glorified Golf with less practicality
vs
>4 cylinder BMW

I'd rather kill myself famalamadingdong

citroen c6 with the big diesel.

Eurofag here,

Don't buy the golf, you prob only buy it for the looks. But it isn't a good car for the money.

I sold my miata last week and got this. I think it is really good (10K)

I don't give too much of a shit about practicality and as stated I simply can't afford insurance for a 330i or something like that. No matter how much I'd like to own one.

When i bought my miata i also didnt gave a shit about practicality, until you DD it.

Good on you man hope you have lots of fun with it,
however I personally don't like the styling of a 1 series but that's just my preference.

Diesels really aren't an option because they passed some law this year which makes road tax on diesels like 3 times more expensive than petrol.

How much is the insurance on these? Usually older cars are cheaper to insure, so that way you might be able to actually get something fun.

then a gas citroen c6.

yeah alot of ppl dont like it, but this one has the facelifted lights (front and back) which is a huge improvement imo. Also really comfy. Scirocco is better looking imo, but not a better car.

I list some cars i did some research on:

RX8
>Only if youre willing to get your hands dirty, and you need to buy a clean one. Maybe its a bit expensive for a 2006 car.

Audi A1/A3
>Totally wrecked leased cars, every single one of them.

Golf
>Good cars, but you look like a douche. not a real driver's car

Polo
>Perphaps the best option economic wise.

>Lexus IS200
Great car, really consider this one.

Mazda 3
>Good but a bit boring.

Just my opinions ofc.

In most european countries this is not true

Insurance on the Scirocco would be around 1800 a year while the 320i would be around 2K a year.
I know older cars cost less but I'm afraid they'll end up being less reliable.
I'm not a mechanic so I don't know how to do shit on my car besides change a wheel in case of emergency.

I've looked at a mazda 3 before but never driven one, thought it would indeed be boring.

Even though i'm not a mechanic I know to avoid RX8's because everyone sells them around 90K km when those apex seals are about to go.

I might look into the Lexus though.

The rest of VW asides from maybe a passat just doesn't appeal to me. Neither do the A1/A3.

Are you looking for a car that appeals you, or are you looking for a good reliable car that's fun to drive?

If it's the first, you should prob ignore the advice on Veeky Forums and buy the scirocco.

Well both I suppose, I've only driven around 15 different cars in my life so I thought I'd ask for advice from some of the people (read: not the benchracers) that actually know stuff about cars

Give us some input then. Is it for DD? Do you need alot of storage? How many km do you commute on average. Why do you like the sirocco? (Just the looks or just like VW) Is the interior important?

It is indeed going to be my DD, don't need much storage at all although I do like having back seats for friends and such.
Don't really care that much about interior although half-leather or leather would be nice, I wouldn't mind cloth either.
I do around 15-20K km a year.

I like the scirocco mainly for looks and secondly because compared to the 90hp I have now it'll be quite a bit quicker.

I like the BMW for looks both sedan and coupe, and the driving feel, even though I know the four pots really aren't that great.

2.0l Focus has the same HP and it's actually a 4 door.

We all know a focus is a better car, let him just jerk of to the compressed golf.

fiat Punto

Get a Veloster. Or a Hyundai Accent/i30.

Should be cheaper on all fronts than every car mentioned thus far.