[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Le Prince Noir edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE SEM LOCATION (UP TILL 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

mcnews.com/mcn/technical/2013JanPerfIndx.pdf
youtube.com/user/secretgardenproject
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honda a shit
cant tow trailer

>First bike XT225
>Second bike GS 500

What's next?

what's up senpai

'Busa

Webms

Tearing it down yet again.

y'all been watching cross training channel?

good shite

every video makes me miss dirt bike riding a bit more, the video on railing berms got me so pumped I threw my cat out the window

what do you all think of 2002-2008 yamaha r1?

02-06 don't bother imo, gutless down low. 07/08, alright but not my style, hate the ergos, banana shaped seat, prefer the stonking midrange of the CBRs and GSX-Rs of the era.

Just go testride all the leets you can afford and make your choice after, they'll all be fast and turn good enough for you.

i should practice pivot turns some time

Does SF not have a crime-victims fund for you to dip into? I thought all those commie cities have that.

Also, you should put those free stunt bars you got on flea-bay

I thought DRZs were supposed to be so strong they never need to be torn down or rebuilt

His was fucking stolen and probably abused as shit while gone.

I know it's subjective, but I can't stand the way gsxr's look, and there aren't as many cbr's around here, not compared to the r1

I've never heard of that before. I'm also not poor so whatever.

The first time it was crashed into a tree at like 40mph, this time it was stolen and looks like it was crashed a couple times.

So it turns out insuring sv650 would cost me $400 extra compared to insuring a 600cc bike. should i still get it? or get something else?

DRZs: So reliable they never need to be rebuilt except when they need to be rebuilt

How was your merry Christmases?

check several different companies. Also to what 600 are you comparing it- a real supersport or a lame 600cc naked?

>$400 extra
>SV650
Jesus Christ what insurance do you have because they're idiots.

that seems steep as fuck to me. I pay like ~$200 a year for a 600cc sportbike. are you going like full coverage?

I'm not a huge fan either (I like the tailpod, don't like the front) but how bikes look doesn't bother me.

It factors in last in my purchasing decisions.

are you looking at a new "SV650" or an old SV650

ICBC. Its a crown company so you can only purchase insurance from this one company.

I did a quote. The insurance guy said that theres no difference between a lame naked and a supersport. Basically anything under 600cc is $400 cheaper than anything over 600cc.

>comparing an SV650 to a 600 dual sport from the 80s

fireblade worst liter

that's clearly a 600

worst 600 too lol

Yeah but I'm shit at literally all of it

I haven't done any in awhile, apparently it's a perishable skill.

So they rate a 36-ish HP DR650 the same as a brand-new GSXR-750. That's stupid.

yea full coverage. just to see the numbers

basically

doesnt matter what year of sv650 (601+ cc) is $1250 per year

a brand new Suzuki GSXR 600cc is only $870 per year.

i wanna kill myself

nice kickstand

Do you guys unplugg the battery tender when the battery is fully charged?

Get the literal godmachine aka K5/K6 GSXR 1000. Best bike of this supersportera.

turn the lights on and leave them on for a week

>dun goofd.webm
i tried one in the snow but i couldnt turn the bike since i sunk in the snow and about fell over backwards

I wish I could do that, but the DR is like mega heavy and I can't pull it off. Maybe I should get smaller baiku.

bullshit, my dad and uncle both did them on their DRs

>battery
haha

Well, I've tried and I can't seem to pull it off. I'm also not 6foot.

yea its a 600
works for me and my income bracket is still fun to ride.
ha those people look like they having a ball
They wanted to charge me as much as I payed for my bike used to get full coverage. said fuck that ill just get liability and medical so if I dont wreck it in a year I can just buy a new one with the money I saved or spend that money to fix it.

nah

Man, I love GSXRs but I am starting to believe that this whole 2005/2006 idolization is a complete meme. People have these theories on the gixxer forums that this generation came right before all the emissions laws and shit that crippled the low to mid range. Of course, no one has any dynos comparing the generations.

I ride a 2003 now and it feels exactly the same as the 05 I rode

neither is my dad, my uncle isa little shy of 6 foot as well.
its practice and not being afraid to drop it a few times.
also babby klx isnt a great learner since its too small

they are a similar engine, the K5 has ti valves and such so it revs out better than the 03 but it's the same basic engine and bore/stroke ratio.

The difference is the k5 weighs 198kg, to this day it's lighter than any other I4 litrebike (the 2015 R1 is 199kg wet).

The K7 is almost exactly the same engine as the k5 in power delivery but the bike weighs 10+ kg more and turns worse.

the k9+ has less midrange and down low.

the 09+ gsx-r has a more oversquare layout and more emissions shit so bang, there's your crippled midrange, it's making "100hp" about 800 RPM later than the K5 and the bike weighs more.

You have to get the bike right up the top of the rev range in order to make more power than the k5 and it weighs more.

That's where it comes from.

literally all me

did you swap the front end of your kdx?

Does the durarara chick come with the price?

Kek yeah the power is weird with the stock header and FMF muffler

Shotsfired

Interesting, thanks. I guess the combination of those factors does indeed make it a more appealing purchase. I almost went with the 05 but then some shit bag came along with pic related (03) desperately trying to get rid of it for $2000 even, so I wasn't about to say no to that

Yeah I stole the forks off my old KLX

are they better?

>arai
>revit

I approve

to put it very simple, best power to weight ratio and quickest 0-60 time to this day. (Production motorcycles)

Any bike can reach 300km/h which is more than enough for public road so I think striving for acceleration makes more sense than building the next bike that reaches 500km/h no one will ever use.

>2.35s 0-60
Jesus Christ. I bet it feels like you're going plaid.

I don't have the magazine clipping, but a k5 gsx-r1000 absolutely smashed the first gen S1000RR in a 0-100 test a magazine did because it just launches really well and peak power on a 1000 doesn't matter for 0-100

Adjustment wise they are identical but the KLX forks are much more stiff. Some people prefer a little flex in their forks, but I like the KLX forks more. It also helps the KLX forks are already sprung for my weight

t. pastanigger

>Cut off the end where I got it out
wtf

That chart is bollocks.
The magazine that recorded the 2.35s on the GSX-R itself states that there is a .3s margin of error, so for all intents and purposes all the bikes on that list don't accelerate significantly faster or slower.
It really doesn't come down to weight or power, but geometry, tires, track surface and launch skill.

no u

I'm white

basically this, also weight distribution. Something with a higher center of gravity won't be able to accelerate as hard because it will wheelie and flip over before it reaches full acceleration.

>states that there is a .3s margin of error
source

bottom of the document

mcnews.com/mcn/technical/2013JanPerfIndx.pdf

Sorry, meant to say 0.2s

0.2 for 0-60 which would put it at 2.55 seconds or still the fastest sportbike only losing to the other godmachine the hayabusa

suzuki wins again baybee

Lol this chart is retarded. Even starting at the 600s, the 0-60 time is dictated more by rider skills than the actual power of the machine. Launching without spinning your wheel or flipping yourself over is the hard part.

so you're saying suzuki riders are the best riders?

maybe suzukis are easiest to ride because all suzuki riders are limp wrist pooftas?

thanks

even if you substract 0.2 from all the other bikes it would only be beaten by the hayabusa, vmax and ZX12r, all more CC than it. pretty impressive still that it can easily compete with the top-class of bikes that are 10 years newer.

no shit sherlock? If we put a noob on a s1000rr it will be slower than a GS500. Doesn't mean we shouldn't test these things with professional riders.

0.2 margin of error on the hayabusa could mean it's actually 2.27

dunno seems like the nancy boys on the other brands don't have enough wrist strength to twist it on because they're like 3x slower lmao

Oh and adding to that, directly comparing different measurements by different magazines under different conditions makes no sense at all.

I don't have enough throttle on my Suzuki. I need a bigger bike.

Sup /dbt/?

You guys checked out this Pirelli super biker app? It maps your ride and has telemetry. It's pretty cool desu.

How? As long as it's measured with equipment and not a guy with a stopwatch, a timed run is a timed run. If the other bikes didn't have as good of conditions, the other bike still didn't travel that fast.

>this is how hayabusas exercise when they're young kids

no wonder they're beasts

Time for an MX bike, since you seem to ride the DR like one anyway kek

it's terrifically inaccurate and only useful for novelty purposes, get a qstarz GPS booster or datalogging unit/laptimer if you want anything actually useful, they do it at 10hz instead of the 1hz or whatever your phone does.

>then gixxers get put through this

like you get the hardest mofos after being in tortue camp of terrorists

machines of death

>other riders
>I-I can't d-do it I'm a little scared t-to twist it on

*gixxers riders all doing amazing drifts into the distance*

same my negro

>must ensure bikes support typical suzuki riders

I mean I don't disagree but the app is free and it's like you said more or less for novelty purposes as far as telemetry goes. That being said I do like that it maps your ride pretty accurately. I like to go out and just explore and sometimes I can't remember how to get to certain roads I've ridden and liked so it's useful in the sense that I can go back and look at the map of previous rides to put me back on track.

maximum kek

My point is that the power of these bikes are all so similar that there is no point in measuring lap times. You can calculate it based on displacement and geometry alone. Busa and zx14r have longer wheelbase and more torque therefore will theoretically be #1 on that chart given the rider is good enough

> 2$/hour

dat fat arm and hand

gotta pay for repairs on shitzuki somehow

if it can handle a big fat fatty it can handle ripping a sick jump.

Thank you suzuki!

truly the greatest once again.

tru
it's my not trained hand ;^)

>You can calculate it based on displacement and geometry alone
except you can not shown in that exact chart. You pretend like they didn't test it multiple times and didn't use professionals.

there is more to it than just wheelbase and torque. engine layout, suspension, launch control yada yada yada. Also torque /// acceleration, this just shows you have no clue.

But the DR has mightly torks that will help you lift it.

>$14950
>fffuuu

>oh 5km wheelie and the r1 can't handle it?
>no biggie, just use a suzuki

>barley ridden Q2s

that bike has gone basically nowhere in the last 5 years lol.

Also put your trip back on Kit kat

This. See:
youtube.com/user/secretgardenproject

>top 2
suzuki stronk