After Battlefield 1 was announced, I've become very interested in WWI and I want to learn more

After Battlefield 1 was announced, I've become very interested in WWI and I want to learn more.

Specifically, I want to learn more about the Italian Alps and and Arabic theater and Lawrence of Arabia. I didn't even know this stuff was fought over before now.

Anyone got resources on this stuff? Books/videos/other things?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentproject.se/af033dccaa019ad9fc6866933ad282f9f9e24439/Lawrence-of-Arabia-(1962)-1080p-BluRay-x264-anoXmous-torrent.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iqvcjL6ObH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I want to learn more about the Italian Alps and and Arabic theater and Lawrence of Arabia. I didn't even know this stuff was fought over before now.

They fucking weren't fought over.

WW1 was fought in trenches in germany and france by fucking WHITE PEOPLE.

Hello /v/!

I know you're trolling, but the war between Germany and France (+ some British help) on the Western front was still the most relevant

A shame they chose to replace it with Bedouins in BF1

I literally didn't say a single thing about white people. I just want resources about the Italian and Middle eastern theaters.

I'm going to get two of the obvious things out of the way quickly.

First this excellent Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

second even though it only covers the Western Front you will want to read Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger. Great book.

What you need to know about the Arabic theater

1. No black troops fought for the British Empire there, only whites and arabs (So yes, BF1 lied on that for the sake of diversity)

2. Bedouins, since they're muslims, are extremely misogynistic, and were basically the faction of the conflict the least likely to have women soldiers (So yes, BF1 lied on that for the sake of feminism and islamophilia)

3. The Ottomans had no tanks, and tanks in that era were extremely slow (So yes, BF1 lied on that for the sake of arcade gameplay)

Tl;dr: Don't use BF1 to learn about WW1, regardless of what theater

we're not talking about the fucking history, we're talking about the game and how sjw it is

Confusing We and You.

You need to brush up on your basics, Ahmed.

Also check again what board you're on.

Do you actually think I don't know, BF1 is unrealistic as shit? It just got me interested, I'm not using it as a fucking source.

No we're not. I just want to learn about the places specified.

Do they have any videos focusing on the Italian and middle eastern fronts?

torrentproject.se/af033dccaa019ad9fc6866933ad282f9f9e24439/Lawrence-of-Arabia-(1962)-1080p-BluRay-x264-anoXmous-torrent.html

Grab yourself some popcorn

Yes they give a good outline of the entire war.

You should start by reading up on all the battles in Europe that took place between the supremely important American army and the Germanic African Regiment. Truly fascinating.

Fucking women and niggers for fucks sake.

Churchill must be rolling in his grave.

What the fuck is your problem? This is Veeky Forums not /pol/.

What the fuck is your problem? This is Veeky Forums not Reddit

So we're not allowed to care about any history except what race people were? Yeah, fuck off.

Just watch The Great War on YouTube. There are plenty of specials and there is Out of the Trenches if you're looking for a specific subject, otherwise it just covers the war week by week (+100 years)

youtube.com/watch?v=iqvcjL6ObH0

BF1 is unrealistic as shit.

If you want to really feel like you're in WW1 play Verdun.

>wahhhhh they're hurting muh fee fees with their redpilled intellect

heh, fuck off to reddit, kid

What the fuck? I thought I could get an actual discussion about less known theaters of WWI, without the shitfest from /v/. I just wanted to have a discussion and learn something. Battlefield 1 is just what got me interested, I came to his because I wanted to learn about the historical background.

/v/tards /pol/fags a fucking cancer.

Thanks. I'll watch this so I don't have to go through this /v/ 2.0 threads. See you fucks in four hours.

The Seven Pillars if Wisdom is T.E. Lawrence ("of Arabia")'s best-selling memoir about the war. The movie is based on it. Check our either or both depending on your level of interest.

literally everyone knows this you little gamergate shits.

Read the OP it's sparked an interest in actual learning he doesn't want to know how realistic it is.

It's fun as all fuck for the record. Wish I was playing now riding around cutting off heads but my computer is shit and I have no console. I'll sate myself with Mount and Blade. Unless that game too is too unrealistic ofcourse.

>If you want to really feel like you're in WW1 play

No.

You won't regret it it's a phenomenal film.

This tbqh
>mfw learning about the first absolute madman von Spee and the East Asia Squadron
>mfw learning about the epic voyage of the Emden
>mfw learning about the cheeky crew of the Möwe
There was so much more to the war than the trenches. It's astonishing to me how many stories of heroes and badasses still existed.

cry about it fag

epic troll XDDDD

Read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Lawrence is a pretty wank author and there are some exaggerations but it's a good read.

We wuz heroes at Kobarid and shieet
t. Celjski pešpolk

By far the best WWI game

If you want to learn about WWI, you should read a book or two, or ten. I hate it when fags think Veeky Forums is their personal encyclopedia.

> some British help
Almost as many British died as French, you tit.

Mowe?

If you count Cancucks and Aussies are British, maybe

they basically cover the War on a week-by-week basis. if something note worthy is happening on a front generally it'll be talked about.

Why are there only niggers in the SJWfield 1 beta

>the best movie about WW1 is about a flamboyant British homosexual Muad'Dibing some goatfuckers in the desert

Makes me kind of sad but it's true

well the british empire had the british indian army in ww1 and they were niggers...

indians are trash but theyre not nigger-tier

Get the fuck off Veeky Forums you whining bitch. Aw, what's that? Can't find the downvote button?

How does it feel to be an absolute, complete and utter fucking mistake, you fucking twatnugget?

People like you are the reason we can't have nice fucking things. Get a boat, go on a river, kneel over the edge and snap your fucking neck.

Was this relevant to the discussion? No, and neither was your fucking emotional input.

Fuck off back to plebbit where unfit opinions are pruned on the regular.

Empowering retards to express their emotions on the internet is going to massively backfire in the coming decades. Must be nice knowing you're a part of the faglords ruining it.

Fuck off faggot for posting an obvious bait thread

This, this, and this as well.

((((( Y o u )))))

Do you really think, anyone actually believes BF1 is an accurate representation of history? Literally everyone here knows this shit. You look like an idiot for pointing this out.

>Do you really think, anyone actually believes BF1 is an accurate representation of history?

Americans probably will.

Basically every kid anywhere in the world who will play it will
They may not think of it as an exact depicted, but they'll make their general view of WW1 based on that
For exemple

>Bedouins and Harlem fighters did more than France and Russia
>The Ottomans had the whitest army
>Tanks were very fast and everyone had them
>SMGs were the main weapon of the war

You are an idiot.

I don't think you give children enough credit. They're still fully capable of differentiating reality from fantasy. Besides, some of those kids are gonna actually start researching WWI and appreciate the history more. To me, that far outweighs the miss conceptions some idiot, who know nothing about history thinks.

>Bedouins and Harlem fighters did more than France and Russia
Is it really going to be so harmful that kids are exposed to other theaters than the western front?
>The Ottomans had the whitest army
Soldier customization is gonna be in the full game. Besides, when in the middle of a heated battle, most people wont even notice the skin colour of other soldiers.
>Tanks were very fast and everyone had them
Tanks are still relatively slow in the game, only around running speed. Sure, it's faster than their real life counter parts but they still give the impression of being slow clumsy beasts.
>SMGs were the main weapon of the war
Just like people thinks, everyone in WWII ran around with Thompson machine guns?

And you're a bedouin

>Is it really going to be so harmful that kids are exposed to other theaters than the western front?

Nah it could be great
But the Western front is a big part of the game
They merely removed its main contributor and shown only Brits instead

>calling someone stupid over the internet
how did he trigger you

was it "The Ottomans had the whitest army"?

the color of someone's skin is as important as the color aircraft are painted an other details and it is completely notracist to criticize it

>and shown only Brits instead

Worse than that senpai, they actually replaced the French with the harlem nignogs

>Tanks are still relatively slow in the game, only around running speed.
Lel, they go at like 20 mph. I'm really fucking good in the F17, i get like 30 kills to one death, all my World of Tanks experience is coming in handy, but also the best AT weapons are grenade bundles, which aren't very good when the tank can move so fast.

>best WWI movie
>not the 1930 "All quiet on the Western Front"

I mean Lawrence of Arabia is pretty damn good, don't get me wrong, but in terms of cinematography this one blows it out of the water. Some of the camerawork in that film was way ahead of its time and practically defined how war movies have to be done for decades to come.

Hahaha you butthurt

>No black troops fought for the British Empire there
WRONG

The British preformed better than the French. French army completely fucked up in 1917 while Brits defended and kept advancing, Brits spearheaded the 100 days campaign, Brits took out the Ottoman Empire, British navy dominated and blockaded Germany.

The large majority of them fought in Africa, actually I'm sure all of them fought little skirmishes in Africa because Brits knew they were too incompetent to fight real wars

Rommel's Infantry Attacks has some good shit on the Battle of the Isonzo, as well as the early Western Front and Romania. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

>(So yes, BF1 lied on that for the sake of diversity)
Fuck off racist. If it wernt for people like you, we'd still be kings and kweens.

>After Battlefield 1

you fucking ignorant scumbag

British West Indies Regiment.

Holy shitposts

battlefield 1 is probably going to have character customization like battlefront had so you can choose your race probably

iirc one of the defaults in battlefront was a black woman, actually

The game doesnt even have women Bedouin soldiers what are u talking about

>Bedouins, since they're muslims, are extremely misogynistic

Wew lad

France was the strongest ally during all the fucking war and suffered 6 M casualties and had the best army in 1918 ; lead the victory in 1918 and was feared by America and British to be dominant in Europe.

>Ottoman empire

Irrelevant

>100 days campaign

Spearheaded by the french, the french tank and the french general foch with a new french tactic

>1917

Offensive in Chemin des dames until the 15 th december

Nice try

The main character of the solo campaign is a female bedouin

>Brits spearheaded the 100 days campaign

Good joke faggot
The 100 days offensive was French lead
There's a reason why Germany gave its surrender to France and not to Britain