Is drag racing of any kind for faggots? (This includes highway racing, red-light racing, etc)

Is drag racing of any kind for faggots? (This includes highway racing, red-light racing, etc)

I mean, doesn't the person with the best power to weight ratio always win? And most of the time the person who spends more on mods or just outright buys a more expensive car wins. You can basically P2W. There is no skill involved other than changing gears ( if your car is even manual)

TLDR:
stop trying to race me in the street, it proves nothing and makes you look like a faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TA3i2TNuxcY
youtube.com/watch?v=UyW8FdzH9dg
youtube.com/watch?v=9XfYkYJp3y4
youtube.com/watch?v=57hQBHcJiCI
youtube.com/watch?v=C6rXSjpdLz0
youtube.com/watch?v=ws6gseaIIJU
forums.autosport.com/topic/81927-exhaust-downforce/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You obviously don't know the thrill of racing

Racing with curves can have thrill but OP said "drag racing" which is objectively a shitty redneck pissing contest over who has a bigger displacement.

t. miata owner

Not everyone who appreciates twisties owns a Miata. I thrash an 80s V8 barge around back roads, it's still more fun than dragging.

you own a 30 second car so it's not surprising that you aren't interested in drag racing.

street racing is for ricers, yes.

Drag racing is fun. Seeing what your car is capable of in all out straight line acceleration is fun.

it's fun but it's a pissing contest that doesn't prove who's the better driver but who has bigger engine

first three times

So is road racing when you're facing people who know what they're doing.

Yeah, it's pretty gay. Assuming the drivers are of a similar skill level you can just extrapolate who will be the winner based on the available data.

It gets a little intense once you hit the 10s club. It definitely takes skill to launch and control a xxxxhp car. Almost anybody could jump in a F1 car and do a lap but if you go full throttle in a top fuel dragster you'd likely not pull the chute in time and die.

youtube.com/watch?v=TA3i2TNuxcY

the fact that you asked that question that way leads me TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE DEEPLY GAY AND HAVING TROUBLE COMING TO TERMS WITH IT

>Almost anybody could jump in a F1 car and do a lap but if you go full throttle in a top fuel dragster you'd likely not pull the chute in time and die.
discarted

Nah, I never get tired of booting my car

You realise that most people can't even get an F1 car moving without stalling it?

> Almost anybody could jump in a F1 car and do a lap
stopped reading.

most people on this board couldn't get out of pit lane

Tom Cruise can. Just because Richard Hammond can't doesn't mean it's not possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=UyW8FdzH9dg

>He doesn't realize you can P2W anything

>almost anybody could jump in a F1 car and do a lap

Nah m8, F1 cars are confusing as fuck. I'd bet most of Veeky Forums couldn't figure one out and complete a lap, let alone normies.

don't get me wrong
it takes a lot of balls to go in a straight line in top fuel dragster and pull the chute to compete.

But if you go slower okay you'll go a bit slower and shit and probs pull chute too early or whatever

But 99.99% of people, even 99% of people who are car people can't even go in an f1 car without stalling.
Also f1 tracks have these things called "corners" which I'm not sure have been discovered in america yet (alongside manual gearboxes) and once you read a wikipedia article on those and broaden your mind a bit you'll allready see how it makes it tenfold harder than just holding down a gas pedal and trying not smash into a barrier and deploying chute.

99% of those who manage to get an f1 car going without stalling won't be able to get it around a corner.
And the 0.001%x0.1% of those who can do it are called the f1 drivers. The best drivers in the world.

It's 2 pedals, 2 paddle shifters and a steering wheel. It's like a fancy go kart and not really that hard. You don't even have to use a clutch.

>implying Cruise wasn't coached through that whole shoot
>implying they didn't edit out his fuckups

lol
you would stall it the instant you look at it.
A few hours later once you manage to take off you'd spin out in the first corner.

Do you understand f1 cars at all?

Here's a random guy driving one without stalling or crashing. Top Gear just over exaggerates things.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XfYkYJp3y4

You realize they're almost impossible to stall right? They got enough computing power run NASA. Just because something happened on Top Gear doesn't mean it happens all the time.

Even Rob Spagetti can drive one without stalling or crashing, In the rain too...

youtube.com/watch?v=57hQBHcJiCI

I would put 5k on no one ITT being able to complete a lap in an F1 car without spinning out, stalling, fucking up tire temperatures by not going fast enough, or fucking up the gearbox.

The basic control scheme might not be too unintuitive, but using it properly or at least well enough to get round a medium-length track ONCE is no small feat.

that's not an f1 car. Neither is cruiz's.
It's an downgraded less powerful version.

On second one you can see he's slow as fuck through corners and sliding.

You're meant to go twice as fast in a real f1 car because if you go too slow there's not enough areo to keep the car on track.
Unless you have spent your entire life in motor racing you are not fit to drive an real F1 car.

Guarantee you one of these is way harder to drive than a F1 car. Anybody could do a lap in a F1 car if they drive like a Grandma.

youtube.com/watch?v=C6rXSjpdLz0

>doesnt prove who is the better driver

Want to know how I know you dont know what you're talking about?
Drag racing actually takes into account a lot of skill from the driver.
If you dont know your car or what you're doing your times will never be good and you'll lose to people in cars with half as much power

Just like in any motorsport, it doesnt matter what car it is if the driver is shit.

No mate.

Supercarts are just one rung on the ladder of open wheel racing. It's a major career achievement for a racer to even put in a top 10 qualifying lap in F1. Just getting selected for a drive in a lower tier team often the peak of a driver's career.

Hello, retard.

2lb carbon fiber dry clutch, no torque, tiny flywheel.

trust me it's easy to stall.

that is pretty cool. i am guessing those go karts can sustain lateral Gs much more than actual cars. must feel awesome

anyone can do a lap in these if they drive slow too.
Anyone can do a lap in f1 once they can not stall it.
Problem is people can do laps in carts even if they don't drive like a granny but drive like a shitty wannabe.
If you drive like a streetracer kid or even a gt car racer in f1 you'll spin out and die because you were supposed to go either twice as fast or half as fast.
F1 is go big or go home territory.

Most people on this board would stall a kart and it's easier than a F1 car.

Even if you blip the throttle for a second on a top fuel you'd still probably wind up crashing into the wall. That's why they don't let people with zero experience in them, unlike F1 cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=ws6gseaIIJU

I would bruise my ribs every weekend from karting. With soft compounds karts can do 4gs.
A shifter kart on a kart track is the closest thing to a Formula 1 car you can get.

That's not saying much, the average Veeky Forums user has never touched a real steering wheel. They're computerized enough that a semi competent normal driver wouldn't have any issues.

I'd give it a shot.

>Almost anybody could jump in a F1 car and do a lap but if you go full throttle in a top fuel dragster you'd likely not pull the chute in time and die.
Amerisharts unironically believe this

Driving like a grandma won't work, senpai.

Not only is right about the clutch and flywheel, but some speed is actually required for the softer compound F1 tires. They need to stay warm for grip. Don't go fast enough? You'll spin out because lmao nogrip.

My favourite Top Fuel fact is that they're so powerful they use direct thrust from the exhaust as a source of downforce.

$50 million computer on wheels vs a 10000hp engine on wheels with no front brakes and 3'' tires up front

hmmm

The hand clutch is mechanical it's not computerized.

Nobody is debating Top Fuel driver's skill. It's a completely different set of skills though to F1 drivers. Neither could be remotely competitive in each others' sport.

>user discovers that winning races is all a matter of cubic dollars
Cute.

I see this a lot but never a citation for it and the figure varies widely.

>He doesn't think an F1 driver could compete in top fuel
lol

Here's some nerds doing maths:

forums.autosport.com/topic/81927-exhaust-downforce/

They reckon on about 400lbs downforce

No, I don't.

Just like whenever F1 drivers have tried to cross over to World Rally they suck st it.

Look up bracket racing.

Shut up Erin.

Reaction time is really important in drag racing. Which usually doesn't use manual trans since modern autos can shift faster than a human now, and you go through the gears in sequence and never downshift.